Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:21:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsGDC 2011 bznz cards
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: GDC 2011 bznz cards  (Read 11355 times)
anosou
« on: December 30, 2010, 01:02:12 PM »

GDC isn't far off and business cards are fun. Let's share here and then when it's all said and done, get back here and see who collected the most! These are the images used for printing, the real deal is on their way to me right now. Smiley

I've showed you mine, now show me yours!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 01:46:32 PM by anosou » Logged
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 06:10:48 PM »

Hmm, it's about that time again. I wonder what I should do this year... :D

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
anosou
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 08:10:17 AM »

Arrived today!

The logo side is shiny, the other side isn't! That way I can write phone number or sexy greetings there :3
ExciteMike
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 05:42:09 PM »

Here's what I've come up with!  I'm thinking I'll get 20 copies of each of those five side A images.

ink.inc
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 05:43:07 PM »

Even though I don't actually need a business card, it'd be fun to mock one up and post it here. Smiley
anosou
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 07:44:52 PM »

LOVE the rainbow ExciteMike. And the one after that too! And the rest. But MAINLY the rainbow!
PlayMeTape
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 09:40:55 AM »

Haven't actually ordered anything but I quickly threw together something I think is close to what I would like to print.

What do you think? My biggest concern is if it's readable enough. Also whether or not I could actually call myself a programmer. Tongue
anosou
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 03:20:39 PM »

Hey Christoffer, long time no anything! Smiley

I think it's pretty damn hot though I probably wouldn't go with the red myself. The "o" in Christoffer is particularly hard to read. However "Game Designer & Programmer" is good, I already regret putting "Game Music Composer". It's limiting Wink

Also, where will you be staying? We need to meet up and talk about how Blandsaft never happened!
PlayMeTape
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 04:14:25 PM »

Thanks! I went with that color since I use that exact font + color in the game. But I think I have to use some other color from the game. I thought about writing "Game Designer & Toy Tinkerer" instead, I'm just worried someone might take it seriously!

Yeah we'll definitely have to have a talk about that! In my mind it's not something I've abandoned, I'd like to make it a reality some time it's just that I've had other things on my plate. Maybe it's time to reignite it soon, especially since we'll get to hang out soon!
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 11:05:18 PM »

Hmm.  I need a business card that reflects my project.  And my project is called "infinite blank" and is about drawing things.

... But a blank or mostly-blank business card would be incredibly droll.  Perhaps if I made an exquisite-corpse-styled outline or something.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Auratus
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 11:59:28 PM »

Good, good. This thread reminded me that I need to create a card myself Smiley

I have seen several business cards featuring a "slogan" of sorts. Something like "Will code for food", "Creator of awesome stuff" (basically something that will make people remember you). Christoffer, perhaps you could create a slogan on the theme of "toy tinkerer"? :D

Cellulose: Actually, I think that a mostly blank business card could be quite cool. Perhaps only a single line of text in the middle or in a corner against a solid color background Smiley
Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 08:17:25 AM »

Hmm.  I need a business card that reflects my project.  And my project is called "infinite blank" and is about drawing things.

... But a blank or mostly-blank business card would be incredibly droll.  Perhaps if I made an exquisite-corpse-styled outline or something.

Hand people a blank card with just your info on the back, and tell them to draw something on it.

[EDIT]
My designs for this year:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1899092/01.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1899092/02.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1899092/03.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1899092/04.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1899092/05.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1899092/back_b.jpg

Linked because of the size
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 08:56:13 AM »

Hmm.  I need a business card that reflects my project.

How about this: a blank card on the front, a grid array full of half-finished half-connected images on the back that they can doodle in the spaces.

Don't have the budget to go, but as last year I'm going to throw out my cards for constructive criticism. I need to stop redesigning them, this is the 13th iteration I think. Also left off some info so the text isn't centered on the back

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
ink.inc
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 11:25:34 AM »

@Hangedman: The first thing I thought of when I saw your card was Kingdom Hearts.

zircon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »

Some really nice designs here... I don't usually print on the back of mine and just go with glossy front/matte back. That way, people can write down additional info on the back. I know I do that with other people sometimes (eg. jotting down projects they've worked on.)
anosou
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 04:41:16 PM »

Some really nice designs here... I don't usually print on the back of mine and just go with glossy front/matte back. That way, people can write down additional info on the back. I know I do that with other people sometimes (eg. jotting down projects they've worked on.)

My card has completely glossy back and not front. But I left some white space intentionally to add text (phone number, personal greeting, blah blah) Smiley
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 05:29:03 PM »

Okay, so on the blank business card thing.  The *coolest* thing I could do would be have people draw on notecards and "play" a real-life game of Infinite Blank.  But seeing as I'm not running a booth somewhere, that doesn't work unless I stick the cards to my clothing or something.  Also, that would be disjoint from business cards since everything would be kept in one place.

I kinda like the "fill in the gaps" idea.  Or just coercing people into making a doodle on their card before they pocket it.  Tongue

Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 02:30:09 AM »

This thread is dead.

I break the silence by announcing that Ted Martens and I came up with an epic business card concept for me and you will see pictures when the first batch has been assembled.

That's right, assembled.

[/mystique]

soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 10:38:57 AM »

composersftw
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:21:49 PM by soundofjw » Logged

hi
anosou
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 11:48:24 AM »

composersftw

Broken image is broken.