Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:46:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationSpace Shot [Complete]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Space Shot [Complete]  (Read 16049 times)
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 11:18:16 AM »

:D

I don't know if you plan to keep working on this, but if so, I think the feature that would really make this (for me) would be some sort of voice synthesizer! I *think* there are libraries out there that will do it for you, but I'm not sure (edit: found one!). Failing that, you could get someone to record all the words from your word list and string them together in the game disjointedly, which would sound AWESOME.

Anyway, kudos, really enjoyed this :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 11:20:44 AM by Terry » Logged

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 03:20:36 PM »

You had me at "The Catholic Church will mine your home", but I truly fell in love at "naijafucker". :D :D :D
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 12:34:19 AM »

I came across a ship that was too thin, and placed as such that I couldn't hit him. I could shoot on both sides of him, but not hit him.

Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 01:28:25 AM »

I think the feature that would really make this (for me) would be some sort of voice synthesizer!

I dunno, sounds like, you know, work.  I've managed to avoid that so far on this game.

"naijafucker". :D :D :D

It is important to pander to your audience, I find.

I came across a ship that was too thin, and placed as such that I couldn't hit him. I could shoot on both sides of him, but not hit him.

Thought I'd fixed that.  Sorry.  Tongue

Two hints:

1. You need to buy a gun that shoots at 90 degrees to your first gun as soon as possible, otherwise you'll find you have trouble beating those ships in later waves that produce huge streams of bullets.

2. Since your bullets emerge from the centre of your ship, allowing enemy shots to hit you will change the position you shoot from, allowing you to get those harder to reach aliens. Or you can always trigger your special attack by pressing 'Q'. 

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 12:32:11 AM »

naijafucker
You... MONSTER!!

But seriously, great work. Ironically enough I got bored of the insults quickly but found the gameplay to be very entertaining.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 01:45:30 AM »

Got to wave 117 on medium with max everything (at wave 79) and a giant square that went down in one hit. I was going to say something about unbalanced difficulty, but up at that high level any mistake is near-fatal and the chosen difficulty level wasn't that high anyway. Very addictive, although the insult components start repeating pretty quickly. My only complaints are that the spawning and obstructive insult box always being in the top half works against a down-shooting player in the early game, and long stretches without a traveling salesman in the early game can make things more difficult. I have to say I was frightened at first when the really fast-shooting opponents started appearing. Awesome. Smiley

Pip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 04:49:49 PM »

Definitely the funnest game I've played in this competition yet.

I'd have to agree that some sort of speech synthesis, no matter how awful, would be awesome. Especially when the enemies get really good and there's no time to read the insult box anyway (I actually found it to be quite distracting in the later stages of the game when I needed to concentrate on the bad guys more).

But yes, awesome.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 08:49:54 PM »

Amusing insults, yes. Tongue

Overall though it did get a bit repeptitive quite quick, though the seemingly intended awkwardness of the control scheme added another layer of amusement and made everything feel very lo-fi.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 10:20:46 AM »

Nice.
Lofi+randomness+humour= good fun. Tongue

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
qoouep
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2008, 10:01:14 PM »

A slight bug- it looks like you can buy anything (even if you don't have the money for it) as long as you have at least 10 galactic credits. (Each of these purchases cost 10 credits.)
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 12:13:41 AM »

Thanks for the input everyone.   Smiley

A slight bug- it looks like you can buy anything (even if you don't have the money for it) as long as you have at least 10 galactic credits. (Each of these purchases cost 10 credits.)

Yeah, everything costs 10 credits to upgrade, except the guns which are supposed to cost 100.  Unfortunately, since my computer asploded, it's not going to be in my power to fix any problems for a while.  (And since I'm at work, I can't check to see if you can buy guns when you shouldn't be able to.)

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
zradick
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 11:42:14 AM »

I actually enjoyed this much more than I expected to.  The random insults were periodically pretty entertaining, but the upgrade mechanic was cool.  Of course I ended up dying as a result of upgrading my vertical speed (or at least that's my excuse), but it was an interesting game play addition beyond simply shooting and avoiding being shot.
Cheers,
--Zack
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic