Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:02:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUntitled project
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Untitled project  (Read 1624 times)
increpare
« on: December 31, 2010, 10:32:37 AM »

I've been thinking about doing this project for a while, and already had one false start, but now is the time.  Probably won't be too much informative here - things are still vague in my head and I want to work them out.  I'll keep a worklog here, though - I hope that I will post every day and that I will get bloody stuff done : )

I got a small bit of code done, though it brought up more problems than it solved - back to the drawing board  Roll Eyes

To do today, and maybe over the weekend: think some more about the software architecture (it's close to being paralzyingly complicated to plan out, but it isn't of course - it's just because there's so much stuff that isn't defined yet but I gotta suck it up make some assumptions about what'll be important and get a move on).
Wowk
Level 0

Late fresh starter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:35:31 AM »

Ok...so what's that screenshot about? Its vague in your head, but there's no clue about it in ours. Some background, please? ;]
increpare
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 11:41:14 AM »

Ok...so what's that screenshot about? Its vague in your head, but there's no clue about it in ours. Some background, please? ;]
I need to work these things out for myself and get them done.  For now this thread is a worklog for me more than a place for stuff to be discussed generally.  "So why put it on a forum?" "Because talking about stuff in public, with these nice progress bar indicators, will likely increase the chance of me getting stuff done."    So, I guess I'm being a bit anti-social, but I hope you can be understanding.
RCIX
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 12:46:39 PM »

Hey, you're not a guest anymore! I'm just trying to figure out why you seem to be tempbanned more than i change socks...

Anyway, surely you can tell us *something* about what this is supposed to be; vague mumblings of software architecture and a picture of colored dots don't exactly explain anything Wink
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 01:16:49 PM »

Hey, you're not a guest anymore! I'm just trying to figure out why you seem to be tempbanned more than i change socks...

He deletes his account every once in a while, for kicks.

I totally get it, increpare. Talking about ideas to people, even if they have no clue what you're saying, still helps a lot; I think devlogs are mostly useful as a motivating device and as a visualizing device, to help solidify ideas and the game and everything.

Best of luck with this; you sure have a lot of people interested!
increpare
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 04:48:26 PM »

So much for daily updates.  Renewed effort right now.

I'm having trouble sitting down and focussing on this.  I still haven't hit on a core dynamic that I like.

But I wrote a bunch of notes today, so I'll try another prototype tomorrow.
cystem glitch
Level 2

wack

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 10:29:34 PM »

is the project by any chance a vague devlog thread that you will continuously obfuscate by making "updates" that will only serve to raise more questions than answers? If so you are doing marvelously, hope to see it at fifty pages.

You told me, never to limit myself to one style...to use any move that works...TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND!
Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 12:14:43 AM »

This is my favorite dev log. Beer!
increpare
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 01:38:43 AM »

This thread is clearly just going to annoy most people.  I'll stop updating.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic