Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:30:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesearth-shattering battle between icycalm and jason rohrer
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221
Print
Author Topic: earth-shattering battle between icycalm and jason rohrer  (Read 435986 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4380 on: February 28, 2011, 10:56:46 AM »

Quote from: Tony
In literature, Zarathustra is grand style. In drama it is tragedy. In poetry, the Iliad. In the plastic arts, this: (Some statue of a naked dude holding a sword and some other dude's severed head), in fashion, it is cargo jorts.

Quote from: The Zirbas
Nietzsche was puzzled why all the other arts had a grand style, whereas fashion, at least in his time, did not. I believe that cargo jorts and muscle shirts are the grand style of fashion that Nietzsche was looking for -- and will make the case for it later on in my writings (probably in the philosphical book).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:38:17 AM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
P Diddy
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: February 28, 2011, 01:35:25 PM »

@ milk

you keep making the same "x defends y, therefore x is also y"

So I'll reply by making the same argument.  It's interesting how you never address you out of this world copy-cat style, seeing as that is what made me bring it up.

Each of these examples have been done multiple times by both milk and Icycalm, but I'll keep it brief and use one example for each instance.

Enough!

http://insomnia.ac/commentary/on_new_games_journalism/

Quote from: Icycalm

Enough!

Quelle surprise

http://forum.insomnia.ac/viewtopic.php?t=2659

Quelle surprise

abortion of a life.

http://forum.insomnia.ac/viewtopic.php?p=10343

abortion of a human being.

btw it's the same day that chris kohler will touch a vagina.

http://insomnia.ac/commentary/cocksucking_videogameland/

Take Chris Kohler, for example, the fat ugly fuck who runs Wired's games blog. [blah blah blah he hired women]

And way way more...

Anyways, Icycalm has a very unique way of writing with his constant fragmentations and semicolons and other grammatical nuances. Mix that with the way he OCDs on the words "subhuman" and "fagot" and "fagotry" and "fagotistical"...

"Enough" and "Quelle Surprise" and "--" (double dash) are not the things people think about when they try to copy Icycalm. I had to do a google search like this:  site:insomnia.ac "blah blah blah"  and then ctrl+f milk's post history. 

I was suspicious ever since milk typed this up when addressing Derek's opinions about Icycalm's work:

Quote from: milk

A man who has single-handedly written the most intelligent, the most incisive commentary on videogames and philosophy ever. Debased by this fagot! Degraded by this fagot! Made out to be worthless by this fagot! And we do not blink -- why? We think this is a "nice guy" -- why? What a miserable cunt! What a mischievous, conniving, sly, insincere, dishonest, debauched little prick! For all your integrity you may as well be a fucking woman. I can't believe I let this slide back then.

You can tell milk was affected by what Derek said, but in a personal way.  In other words, he's similar to Icycalm not just from a linguist's perspective, but also from an emotional perspective.  Derek's opinions on Icycalm really affected milk in a deep deep way as if he's Icycalm himself.  So that's why I did the word search, which proved what I was suspicious of.

And for the sake of the argument, if milk is not Icycalm, then why the fuck would such an arrogant asshole who studied Nietzsche be the type of guy to copy Icycalm is such a lackey way???  That to me is crazy.

But if you take into consideration that Icycalm has a history of using multiple accounts on other forums to advertise insomnia.ac, then the obvious explanation is usually the right one.

Supermini_man
« Reply #4382 on: February 28, 2011, 01:44:16 PM »

@P Diddy We have to take in account that what icycalm has is a cult, not just a community. So people there pretty much learn to talk "the icycalm way" and worship icycalm's likes and dislikes.

edit: typo.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:05:26 PM by Manuel Magalhães » Logged
milk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: February 28, 2011, 01:48:30 PM »

lolololololololol

By the way,

Anyways, Icycalm has a very unique way of writing with his constant fragmentations and semicolons and other grammatical nuances.

That's not unique. Anyone who's read Nietzsche recognises it instantly, and anyone who closely studies Nietzsche* can't help but be influenced by it. William Plank shows the same influence in his book on Nietzsche.

*Well, anyone who closely studies him with sympathy, I guess...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:00:01 PM by milk » Logged
Dragonmaw
« Reply #4384 on: February 28, 2011, 02:02:56 PM »

i once farted into a jet engine
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: February 28, 2011, 02:11:57 PM »

@P Diddy We have to take in account that what icycalm was is a cult, not just a community. So people there pretty much learn to talk "the icycalm way" and worship icycalm's likes and dislikes.
Yeah. Copying someone's style isn't as difficult as P Diddy makes it seem, especially if you read the writer in question excessively. milk has probably read every one of Zirbas's articles and follows the stuff he posts on Insomnia.

Also, Zirbas attests people "superiority" over "subhumans" and "fagots" if they agree with him (broadly speaking). So being an arrogant douchebag and sucking his (metaphorical?) dick aren't contradictory. In fact, they're complementary.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: February 28, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: February 28, 2011, 02:25:10 PM »

I don't get it.

It means something like "love potion" though, right? (my French is kinda bad)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: February 28, 2011, 03:16:48 PM »

Just to celebrate the passing of 300p we spend calling people ugly name. Yep it's a love potion Wink

oewarj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: February 28, 2011, 06:35:16 PM »

I only heard of this level of paranoia and delusion was possible, I never thought I would see it.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: February 28, 2011, 06:53:21 PM »

P Diddy, it's not that anyone disbelieves or believes you. It's that nobody really cares. Quit repeating yourself already.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Nektonico
Level 2

Time traveller graffiti

View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: February 28, 2011, 07:07:35 PM »

The downwards spiral.

He was built by the worlds finest surgeons to drive the fastest car ever designed and nothing can stop him now. ಠ_ృ
“The greatest misfortune is when theory outstrips performance.” - Leonardo DaVinci
DavidCaruso
YEEEAAAHHHHHH
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: February 28, 2011, 07:20:28 PM »

P Diddy, I know where you can find icycalm...LOOK RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!

Quote from: object behind P Diddy
chair

Quote from: icycalm
I simply do not feel like explaining it in-depth at the present time, since I've been sitting in this chair now for nearly half a fucking day.

Coincidence? I think not! The verbal-linguistic spatial dynamics of my pattern analysis fold so neatly into a hypercubic array that no other conclusion is possible.

Steel Assault devlog - NES-style 2D action platformer: successfully Kickstarted!
P Diddy
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: March 01, 2011, 01:05:48 AM »

You guys are so naïve.  Do you actually think that Icycalm would never ever take the opportunity to come here and shit on you guys?  Cheesy

How would he ever get caught?  What's stopping him?  You guys are sooo stupid, 300 pages on this guy and you still don't know him.  Did you ever just once read up on this guy (from sources outside of his website), there are many things I've yet to mention.

Tigsource = Durr...?

Welcome to the internets, enjoy your naïve stay.

milk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: March 01, 2011, 03:18:57 AM »

You guys are sooo stupid
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #4395 on: March 01, 2011, 03:53:42 AM »

Did you ever just once read up on this guy (from sources outside of his website), there are many things I've yet to mention.
Sources like

?

Dragonmaw
« Reply #4396 on: March 01, 2011, 07:03:54 AM »

P Diddy, it's not that anyone disbelieves or believes you. It's that nobody really cares. Quit repeating yourself already.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: March 01, 2011, 07:04:10 AM »

Actually, the sources on his website contain plenty of material already:
http://forum.insomnia.ac/viewtopic.php?t=3313&sid=c88a0fdde2ecfc9d7dd4df8568957733

Quote from: Anthony Zirbas, upstanding citizen
Well, there are many ways to make money, and flipping burgers is certainly one of them, but there are others. When faced with a similar situation, for example, I chose to steal money using an elaborately-planned scam. The entire business lasted a couple of months, and then I had enough money for half a decade. Plus it was extremely interesting, challenging, fun, etc. Crime in general is extremely fun -- I would be doing it even if I were not being "paid" (lol) to do it.

Quote from: Tony "The Iceman" Zirbas
Where the dude on Shmups went wrong is that he misinterpreted my indignation as proceeding from an opposition to scamming ON PRINCIPLE, whereas in fact I am simply opposed to people who scam ME AND MY FRIENDS. A good analogy would be someone who has his pockets picked in the middle of a crowd, and who realizes this and turns around and shouts: "THIEF, THIEF: CATCH HIM!" -- a reaction which by no means implies that the person who shouts like that is opposed to theft on principle, but only to the person who stole from him.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:18:51 AM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
AshfordPride
« Reply #4398 on: March 02, 2011, 12:28:20 PM »

It's not 33.

It's EE.

EVERYONE ELSE
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: March 02, 2011, 10:20:51 PM »

best twist ever