Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1369402 Posts in 64341 Topics- by 56354 Members - Latest Member: LincRead

November 18, 2019, 06:40:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamessuteF
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: suteF  (Read 3528 times)
PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2011, 07:14:36 AM »

I just now got around to finally playing it. I was a huge fan of the first game which was an entry to Game Jolt's Minimal Competition. It was a neat little puzzle platformer with a great atmosphere.

Now the creator is back with suteF where he fleshes out the ideas of the first game and adds some neat new mechanics. Judging from the first game I knew this would be something good, but I was still surprised.

The puzzles are ace! It's been a long time since I've played a game that was this satisfying when you see how everything perfectly fits and you almost never have the impression that you just stumbled through the level due to luck.
The atmosphere might have been better than anything I experienced last year, possibly even Space Funeral. It's just a very intriguing world that made me want to learn more about it.

I'm still amazed by how much character he managed to put into those little sprites. Towards the end I was really attached to the main character (or characters?).

I could ramble on some more, but you should really all just play it yourself. It's not that long and I feel like this really is a game worth experiencing. talking about.
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 11:53:55 AM »

The bear is also a television. That is awesome.

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
iffi
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 01:07:37 PM »

So far I've really enjoyed this game, except for Void Rim VII, which I got stuck on for an entire day (on and off playing) until I read a walkthrough for that level. It turns out that I almost had it, too. Facepalm

Still playing it, and it's great.
ink.inc
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »

This game is fuck-awesome. I'm definitely doing a guest write-up for it for the front page...
moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »

This is getting towards the top of my to-play list. I loved the first one and the atmosphere of its world.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 08:59:40 PM »

I've started playing it, and I really like it so far. The puzzles have a nice progression and the plot/atmosphere is very creepy and intriguing.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 02:45:57 AM »

Hellz yeah, man. Completely loved this game. I really like how the limitations in movement were implemented in the puzzles.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:25:58 AM by happybuffet » Logged
bood_war
Level 10

formerly bood_war

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 07:55:29 PM »

Its simply fantastic. Deserves waaay more attention than it has gotten thus far.

floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 02:40:07 AM »

the flashes where it gets snowy are really creepy...
reminds me a little bit of mighty flip champs in terms of gameplay... except with more upsidedowning.

i've only played 'A' so far, and I was just getting in to it... going to try and play through 'B' later today.
shipwreck
Level 0

Run and shoot, shoot and run.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 07:02:07 AM »

Played this yesterday, loved it.

Sometimes I get worn out on the puzzle platformer, as most games start to feel like they just really wish they were Braid or something, but the atmosphere of suteF keeps it very fresh and original.

And the bear is frakking cool.
iffi
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 02:27:37 PM »

Beat it yesterday. I really liked some of the puzzles near the end (not that I didn't like the other puzzles) with that new mechanic thrown in, though I did manage to get past one of the last few levels pretty quickly by just randomly walking around. Regarding that level, I think the puzzles would have been deeper with the grappling hook backpack since there would be a greater number of choices at each step in the puzzle.
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »

Yeah, this game was pretty damn spectacular.  There are 8 Void Rim levels, but no Chapter E... I'm not sure if it'll ever be added in either.  I'm not entirely sure what the game could do to garner more attention, but Tim's blog is one of the few places I regularly check.

Where else could this game be mentioned to draw in a new crowd?  I never could figure how the indie spiderweb all linked together.

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
bood_war
Level 10

formerly bood_war

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 04:14:03 PM »

It needs its own frontpage write-up.

ink.inc
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 04:27:17 PM »

Taking care of that. First draft should be done later tonight or tomorrow.
Okenido
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 05:07:13 PM »

It does have a small position on the front page already, but I'm glad this is getting more attention.
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 02:10:49 PM »

Yeah, this game was pretty damn spectacular.  There are 8 Void Rim levels, but no Chapter E... I'm not sure if it'll ever be added in either.  I'm not entirely sure what the game could do to garner more attention, but Tim's blog is one of the few places I regularly check.

Where else could this game be mentioned to draw in a new crowd?  I never could figure how the indie spiderweb all linked together.
Oh.

I got 7 of the 8 Void Rims and was assuming if I could just find the 8th I'd unlock Chapter E.

Still really amazing though I am impressed by how much mileage he gets out of intentionally limiting his mechanics.

Anybody know how to contact the author? I had a couple minor bug reports.

EDIT x2: Uh, never mind
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:23:08 PM by mcc » Logged

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
PlayMeTape
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 06:29:32 PM »

Probably one of the best games I've played in a long time. Loved every minute of it (even though some puzzles almost had me pulling my hair out).
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 09:25:59 AM »

What's really weird is that I always end up finding the Void levels completely by accident, and they've reached a level of difficulty such that every time I enter one I have to start the whole damn chapter over. There should be a "get out of the void" option.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic