Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411902 Posts in 69427 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: szálamireaktor

June 08, 2024, 06:02:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA shitload of bullets - Beta 5
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A shitload of bullets - Beta 5  (Read 918 times)
Froshin
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »

Hi there!
I supply you with my newest game in it's fifth beta phase:
A S**TLOAD of bullets! Smiley

Devour with outmost care.

---NEW---
Sweet, all-new menu with cool effects & nicely programmed buttons ( Including mute, highscore, start, controls & quit game) , tweaked bullet shooting & main object. Since it's beta, the highscore list remains the same even though this probably makes it slightly easier to reach higher scores!
Enjoy!

---DOWNLOAD---
BETA 5:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11862217/ASLOBB5.zip
Extract & enjoy.

Screenshot(A little outdated):

Despite the simple graphics the game is very functional -"Crutchfield"

Online highscorelist:

http://www.gmhighscores.com/highscores.php?gameid=1387

Updates since previous version
  • New menu w/ effects, adding mute, start game, highscore, quit and controlls buttons.
  • Tweaked shooting
  • Slighly larger main "character" or "plane"

It's my goal to keep the game challengeing, alive and fun - so please give feedback!

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 07:23:03 PM »

i thought the idea was good but didn't really find it fun, mainly because the collisions felt wrong: i wasn't even touching the bullet half the time it killed me. i recommend making the collision field for the player smaller.

it's still too early in the game to give advice like this (you probably also know this) but it could also do with music, sound effects (the only effect was for the player shooting), different game modes, and all that stuff.

i'd also recommend displacing old scores with the highest score in the high score list; e.g. instead of 100 Andrej's in the list, just the highest score by Andrej would be listed.

i found the bullet shooting by the player functionally useless, but i only managed to last 15 seconds on my best attempt so maybe i'm using it wrong. but usually it's far better to move than to shoot. perhaps you could improve this by increasing the speed or frequency of the bullets shot by the player so that they're more useful in clearing away bullets.

have you played 'shoot the bullet'? it's a japanese indie game similar to this game; both revolve around avoiding bullet patterns. maybe you can use a few of its ideas to make this game better. here's a video of shoot the bullet:

kidchameleon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 07:42:38 AM »

Nice Idea. Not sure about that text that vibrates in the middle of the screen though.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic