Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:53:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMost Unique Games You Know
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Most Unique Games You Know  (Read 20577 times)
azeo
Level 1

Blank slate!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2011, 12:22:46 PM »

Sexy Hiking, the best ever.

One time, I got to the top of the second level, and was one foot from the ending. The my mouse slipped, and I fell to the bottom
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:35:30 PM by azeo » Logged
TwilightVulpine
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2011, 01:38:52 PM »

, from the creator of Phoenix Wright. I don't remember having played anything like it before.
c--b
Level 0

...!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2011, 07:14:01 PM »

Hands down a little unknown game called

. Basically you send out quantum waveform of golfballs that interact with eachother, you then observe  the waveform to collapse it into a particle and get it to go into the hole (I think, you'll forgive me if I don't understand right?).

Hands down, the most unique game concept I have ever seen in my entire life.  Coffee
deathtotheweird
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2011, 10:25:18 PM »

Thrustburst feels pretty unique to me. I've never played a game like it before, and haven't since.

The Sentinel is another one:

In The Sentinel, the player takes the role of a Synthoid (called just "robot" in the US version), a telepathic robot who has to take control of a number of surreal, checkered landscapes of hills and valleys, by climbing from the lowest spot, where the hunt begins, to the highest platform, over which the Sentinel looms.

The Synthoid itself cannot move across the level; instead it can look around, accumulate energy by absorbing the objects that are scattered across the landscape, create stacks of boulders, generate inert Synthoid shells and transfer its consciousness from one of these clones to another.

There's also a freeware clone of The Sentinenl called Zenith, which is very fun. it starts out easy and then gets quite chaotic. and I must admit, sometimes I jump when I get spotted by the Sentinel. it's very stressful when he's got you in his gaze.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2011, 10:30:08 PM »

, from the creator of Phoenix Wright. I don't remember having played anything like it before.
On that subject, I found Phoenix Wright to be an incredibly unique experience.  Before that, I don't even think there were really any proper lawyer games, or at least none that got the formula right.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2011, 10:56:06 PM »

ZPC for it's art style. My friend Aiden Hughes made this back in '95 I believe using the Marathon engine. Some said it was shit, some say it was awesome. I am the type that says it's awesome. Yes, it is flawed due to a sadistic programmer being on the team, but it's still worth checking out.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2011, 11:11:00 PM »

It's worth checking out just so you can say that you've played a game where you are basically Space Jesus.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic