Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:56:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesIGF Drama/Conspiracy Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: IGF Drama/Conspiracy Thread  (Read 21925 times)
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2011, 02:40:16 PM »

I actually meant the original post as a joke, but if people want to blow it out of proportion, get personally offended or make completely pointless/angry arguments about it, sure - I'll read it and laugh my ass off.

Beer!

eva_
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »

I actually meant the original post as a joke, but if people want to blow it out of proportion, get personally offended or make completely pointless/angry arguments about it, sure - I'll read it and laugh my ass off.

Beer!

ur game sucks go cry now
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2011, 02:42:29 PM »

Naw, I think I'll just keep on living my life, thanks. Smiley

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »

Beer!

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2011, 02:43:15 PM »

This thread serves as the Yang to the "real" thread's Yin. Without it, we would have no balance, DO NOT CLOSE Ninja

ella guro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2011, 02:43:34 PM »

Beer!

If it's a joke I think it's lost on 99.9 percent of people, including me.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2011, 02:43:42 PM »

Beer!

Very mature. A lot of people have very valid criticisms about the IGF, and genuinely want to see it improved. You would rather make a troll thread, and basically laugh at people. Had the tone in your original post not been so hostile (because I am quite certain you were less interested in making a joke than you were in being a dickish troll), this thread probably would have contained much more on topic and less hateful discussion. But you aren't interested in that, of course. You'd rather people bicker and yell at each other instead of having a worthwhile conversation.

Disgusting really.
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2011, 02:46:17 PM »

Facepalm
speeder
BANNED
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »

I see now that Dragonmaw missed my point...

I used language as a example, and I only stated that there are a unavoidable cultural bias, a bias toward TIG, because lots of current people in the IGF is connected to TIG...

That bias change over time as the people judging change, and as rules change, what brandonn and simon said showed that indeed rules changed toward better in my opinion to make the bias smaller, but it will always exist.

And I don't "complained", I said that it exists.

I don't even defended more international people, I only used country culture bias as a example... here on TIG we have lots of NA and nordic people, and as you can see the most recent IGF winners were usually from NA and nordic countries, and that this is sort expected, because that is where the IGF is relevant anyway.

The guy in South Africa may be very happy to be in IGF, but probably most people in South Africa don't really care about it, it is like someone random coming to you and saying they won the international paper airplane competition.

In the end, the only reason I care about IGF, is exactly because of the bias, winning a IGF would mean that my game is relevant in the culture that is relevant to IGF, and that culture currently has lots of money, and I lack money, and that culture speaks a language that I do, thus being one that I can target.

Most fans of the genre that I made my game are japanese, but I don't know japanese, thus it is impossible to me join a japanese competition where I know would be biased toward my game, my only choice is IGF, thus I have to care about how IGF work.

brandonnn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2011, 02:47:36 PM »

Please forward all recommendations for savvy, dedicated, knowledgeable & fluent international judges + jurists to: [email protected]. Thank you.
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2011, 02:47:50 PM »

Facepalm
iffi
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2011, 02:49:25 PM »

Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2011, 02:49:37 PM »

The nomination process has clearly improved, but slinging shit is obviously a lot easier than appreciating progress.  Games like Super Crate Box and Desktop Dungeons would never get past nomination in the IGF of old, games that are just plain old fun.  This is a complaint that a lot of people had in the past yet no one notices.

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2011, 02:50:34 PM »

A lot of people appreciate it, look at the thread that wasn't started with a shitty attitude  Tongue

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
LemonScented
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »

I wish I could pretend that I'm far too grown up to be amused by this thread's inevitable and hilarious descent into madness, but there's a part of me that will always be a Manbaby.

So... YOU ARE ALL WRONG. All of those games that got nominated are SHIT and all of the awards should really have been divided between Halo:Whatever That Last One Was Called, Call Of Duty Of Medal Of Honour Of Madden, and FarmVille - because those are the TRUE indie games. Haters: Fuck y'all.

Peace, out.

eva_
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2011, 02:52:37 PM »

"lol i troll u!!! y u overreacting?"
"hey guys why cant u be civil my boyfriend was just trying to troll you all lol also i didnt actually read this thread but have a facepalm smiley!!"
"im just gona play bandwagon and facepalm too!!"
Jrsquee
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2011, 02:53:53 PM »

Please forward all recommendations for savvy, dedicated, knowledgeable & fluent international judges + jurists to: [email protected]. Thank you.
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2011, 02:54:04 PM »

"hey guys why cant u be civil my boyfriend was just trying to troll you all lol also i didnt actually read this thread but have a facepalm smiley!!"

Oh, Eva. I read the whole thread, start to finish. Why else would there be a facepalm?
Captain_404
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2011, 02:54:51 PM »

You didn't close the parenthesis for the Rand function =[

What's going to happen now?!?!?!111///

this thread is now /b/ until someone closes the rand function.

OH THE HORROR

Hold on... I got this...

}

Oh no! My finger slipped! Oh god! The syntax is burning!
Dragonmaw
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »

Oh, Eva. I read the whole thread, start to finish. Why else would there be a facepalm?

finger my butthole
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic