Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:43:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsunni dreams of gold
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: unni dreams of gold  (Read 1442 times)
yadurajiv
Level 0

~.^ wut you say?

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2011, 09:12:31 PM »

It has been quite some time since I've done anything on this project, and I thought I'd revive it and finish it too Smiley

Unni dreams of gold, is a story of a little boy who is in a dream collecting coins. He falls asleep on his mothers lap, waiting for his dad to come home in the evening after work(more on this later).

The game is made with Flixel. All artwork and sounds were created from scratch so far.

The music was rehashed by a friend from another track her had, which will change eventually.

so far: http://chronosign.com/yadu/experiments/unni/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:11:30 PM by yadurajiv » Logged

^___________^

Working on SpellDown!

Catch me on Twitter, Itch or come read my blogs
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 04:41:06 PM »

You should probably rework the boy's graphic a bit, at least his head. He's wearing a hat, I believe? It's somewhat confusing.

How will you play around with the fatigue system, to make it stimulating to gameplay?

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 06:34:19 AM »

It's nice so far! I dislike the sky: you'd better add something to it (clouds, gradients, ...). I'm dubious about the fatigue, without enemies isn't interesting: are you going to add enemies?

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 06:40:34 AM »

Cool so far, I found it quite easy to just spam sitting down to basically avoid fatigue most of the time. Looking forward to seeing more.

yadurajiv
Level 0

~.^ wut you say?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 10:36:50 AM »

Sorry for the late reply. I was away in a Jungle :D not home yet.. ^_^ on my way home actually..

@Melly
Yes, he is wearing a hat; sort of a pirate hat and an eye patch as well. It was all made so fast that I just wanted to get things in some playable state when I first pushed it out. There are only a few assets in right now, redoing them in a higher resolution is also a thought.

As of now, its just that. The fatigue system was not thought through to its ends, but its just there right now(read still figuring it out), less irritating than its predecessor.

@Yajo
Tongue yes the sky will be better! :D or there will be some sky Smiley

Still playing around with the fatigue system, if it fits and works out well then it can stay, right now its just there to slow you down :-S till we have some sort of an enemy.

@Mecha
^_^ Thnx! and yes you probably can, there was a delay timer as well, which needs some tune up to stop you from doing that :D

Will update with more work as soon as I get some done after getting home! ^_^ Thank you checking it out Smiley

^___________^

Working on SpellDown!

Catch me on Twitter, Itch or come read my blogs
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic