Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:12:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpace Captain McCallery Ep.3 Early Demo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Space Captain McCallery Ep.3 Early Demo  (Read 2145 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2011, 09:19:52 PM »

Space Captain McCallery Episode 3
The Turquoise Temple
Demo

I've been working on the third installment in my Space Captain McCallery episodic series of Sci-fi Action-Adventure games (DevLog here).  I decided to release this demo to get some feedback on the new style of this newest episode.

The third episode finds the Captain searching an alien planet for artifacts while fighting off its robotic guardians.

>FIND IT HERE<

Controls:
[Arrow Keys] - Move
[Z] While Moving - Jump
[X] - Select
[C] - Shoot, hold to strafe and shoot
[Shift] - Open item menu

Note:  This is a WIP demo, and as such is missing a few elements that will be in the final game, such as a save system and music.  

Feedback is appreciated.   Coffee
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:24:57 PM by Alec S. » Logged

eva_
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 10:40:42 PM »

playing... the lava effect is kool
ahrggr the mushrooms
also u can pick up that mushroom many times if u die
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »

awesome we can shoot diagonally now.   Cool
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »

also u can pick up that mushroom many times if u die

Yeah, I should remove that mushroom.  I generally try to put them in the middle of areas so you have to fight enemies to get them, but that one was mostly there to test if it worked.

awesome we can shoot diagonally now.   Cool

Yeah, I figured I'd stop giving people an excuse to complain about not being able to shoot diagonally.

fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 03:50:59 PM »

Cool. It would be nice to have some sort of option to be able to aim different directions while standing still. Right now you have to move towards an enemy to aim at it if you aren't currently aiming that direction and strafing (I died a lot because of this).

I like the crazy alien colors Smiley

Paul Jeffries
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 04:25:13 AM »

I love the graphics, they feel very '70s Sci-fi show scenery', papier-mache rocks and all!  I agree with the above comment about being able to aim diagonally when standing still; it's pretty tricky to manage to stop facing a diagonal direction.

www.vitruality.com | SPARTAN - Small Pixel Art Animator and procedural tile generator
knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 08:02:21 AM »

Imho its way too hard or maybe I'm missing something. Shame I really wanted to play more with the lovely graphics and atmosphere.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 01:43:24 PM »

I love the graphics, they feel very '70s Sci-fi show scenery', papier-mache rocks and all!  I agree with the above comment about being able to aim diagonally when standing still; it's pretty tricky to manage to stop facing a diagonal direction.

Thanks, I'm trying to get that sort of feel.
I'll try to work on a way to aim while standing still.

Imho its way too hard or maybe I'm missing something. Shame I really wanted to play more with the lovely graphics and atmosphere.
Are you using your strafe ability (hold down the shoot button to strafe)?  If you're not, doing so would make the game quite a bit easier.  If you are, then I should probably smooth out the difficulty curve a bit.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic