Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411869 Posts in 69424 Topics- by 58474 Members - Latest Member: spdp

June 04, 2024, 08:58:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallFruitle Tootle
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fruitle Tootle  (Read 1209 times)
GamePlayHeaven
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2011, 12:00:36 AM »

Hello everyone,

Get Readyyy... and GO! pop some fruity bubbles in Fruitle Tootle, the latest game from GamePlayHeaven.

The object of the game is to clear each level of bubbles.

To pop bubbles you have to shoot your bubble against at least 2 of the same type.
Bubbles that are no longer connected to the top of the level, will drop off the screen.

The harder levels contain special bubbles.
The black bubble needs to be hit once, before it transforms into a bubble that you can pop.
The empty bubbles are unpoppable, you have to drop them out of the level instead.

The game features 50 levels spread over 4 difficulty settings.
After which you can keep playing a never ending amount of randomly generated levels.

Screenshots (click to enlarge)

I hope you enjoy the game,

Michaël Schoonbrood
GamePlayHeaven
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 04:04:37 PM »

this is a basic puzzle bobble clone (like snood)

it's a casual game, but free -- i wonder why? did you just make a casual puzzle bobble clone for fun? that seems a bit weird. most of these are commercial.

there's no aiming line targeting where you can hit, which i think makes it inferior even to the original puzzle bobble. why force the player to line up a straight line / ruler with their screen when you can do it with a dotted / transparent targeting line instead?

also, in windowed mode, it *traps* your mouse in the window, and you can't move the mouse outside of the window! this is kind of annoying, the reason people use windowed mode is so that they can do more than one thing at once. trapping the mouse in a window is kind of a bad idea.

other than that, it's pretty, and polished, and has nice sounds and music. it just doesn't do anything that puzzle bobble and snood didn't already do 10+ years ago (and they did it better). i didn't see any game changes at all from those games, not even minor small refinements, it's basically those games with a new skin, and without the aiming line. but if it's a programming exercise or your first game, it's impressive though. but it doesn't really have much to offer people who already played puzzle bobble or snood.

GamePlayHeaven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 01:57:55 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Paul.

I did indeed make the game for fun, I'm not commercial at all (yet).
But that will change as I will gradually move towards a more commercial approach.

The aiming line isn't there, because it would take the skill away.
But I was playing with the idea of leaving the aiming line in there at for example the easy difficulty, or make it shorter when the difficulty rises.

I added the window mode "trapping" to prevent people from moving the mouse out of the window all the time while aiming. If you right click the mouse it unlocks and can go out of the window.
Your comment made me realise that I should make the mouse locking an option.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Regards,
Michaël
Jayenkai
Level 1

Every Week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 02:51:25 AM »

"it's a casual game, but free -- i wonder why? did you just make a casual puzzle bobble clone for fun? that seems a bit weird. most of these are commercial."

I'm crying right now.

I write AGameAWeek, and I've got over 350 games to prove it!!
---
Load, Next List
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic