Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:59:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsTips for creating simple animations
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tips for creating simple animations  (Read 2167 times)
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« on: January 06, 2011, 05:45:16 AM »

Hi everyone. I put together a blog post for some tips for creating simple workable animations for games. It's less of a "how-to", or a "what tools to use", and more about tips for making stuff look good and work easily in-game.

http://aitchesongames.blogspot.com/2011/01/creating-simple-animations-for-games.html

I was inspired to do this when I was at a 48 hour competition and noticed that a lot of my friends, even skilled artists, struggled to put together decent animations for the competition. Hopefully this should help people put together simple working animations for their games.

Is there anything I've missed out on? Any useful tidbits that could help people who want to make animated characters for their games but have little animation experience?

ToothyMang
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:41:52 PM »

Thank you for posting this. I'm having a bit of trouble with a walk cycle right now, because I haven't animated anything since I used play with Flash in the 5th grade, and there are very few Walk cycles out there to reference, only Run cycles. I love the tip about distinguished legs, and that might have been my main problem with my last attempt. Thanks agains!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic