Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:33:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural Generationeveryone loves active 2 [finished]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: everyone loves active 2 [finished]  (Read 66715 times)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2008, 12:11:51 AM »

You can curve your bullets' trajectory by right clicking while shooting and aiming somewhere else.

Funfun game. Gets a bit chaotic at times and I usually die in the midst of a bunch of 'splosions, not because I can't see the bullets, but because I myself get lost.

Corpus
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2008, 12:25:39 AM »

Yeah, I just worked it out Embarrassed

Though sometimes, even then, my bullets won't kill the bastards.

I haven't got lost yet, but I've lost my crosshair a few times.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2008, 12:14:10 PM »

The thing that makes hitting those shielded bastards so hard is that your bullets disappear upon reaching the target reticule when on a curved trajectory. So even when my bullets would be getting a direct hit from behind the thing, since the reticule isn't exactly on top of the enemy, the bullets disappear just before hitting. It's kind of annoying.

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2008, 02:07:58 AM »

The thing that makes hitting those shielded bastards so hard is that your bullets disappear upon reaching the target reticule when on a curved trajectory. So even when my bullets would be getting a direct hit from behind the thing, since the reticule isn't exactly on top of the enemy, the bullets disappear just before hitting. It's kind of annoying.

Indeed, I'm trying to figure out the math to stop that from happening so that they'll fly off according to their angle at the last bit of their curve...

Man, this game looks awesome.

I find it's really fun so far, though it requires a lot of focus.

Are you sure enemy bullets are always at the highest depth (always drawn on top of everything else)?

Also, is it me or do the enemy's explosions actually kill me?

Really fun, good job.

I can double check the depth thing, but bullets should be above all...

Enemy explosions do not (read: should not) hurt you.

Yeah, I just worked it out Embarrassed

Though sometimes, even then, my bullets won't kill the bastards.

I haven't got lost yet, but I've lost my crosshair a few times.

It does require that dual focus skill that took me awhile to develop playing Noitu Love 2, but this game is probably a lot harder because of all the shit going on.

--

I'm going to add some more big enemies with shields, and then just work on making it crazy as hell the further you get, and probably release whatever I have on the deadline.  Weeeeee! Grin
Lazer
Level 3

:S

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2008, 07:13:44 PM »

I am seriously having trouble dying, even when the game turns into a four heart multi-propeller bullet hell. It's just too easy. I wound up just letting myself get shot because I had been playing for like 20 minutes without dying. I actually almost had a hard time GETTING myself killed, let alone dying unintentionally. Being able to shoot down bullets is a big factor in this I think. I might go back and see if by the time you get to where the high score is it gets any tougher.

Make it harderrrrrrrrrrrr. Or at least throw in a difficulty adjustment or something.

Regardless though it's sutpid pretty. I almost creamed myself from all the color.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that even when I DID manage to get myself killed, the dumb game would bring me right back because I died in the midst of like a million enemies. And I couldn't just quit out without saving my score! :/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 07:16:44 PM by Lazer » Logged
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2008, 07:20:34 PM »

I am seriously having trouble dying, even when the game turns into a four heart multi-propeller bullet hell. It's just too easy. I wound up just letting myself get shot because I had been playing for like 20 minutes without dying. I actually almost had a hard time GETTING myself killed, let alone dying unintentionally. Being able to shoot down bullets is a big factor in this I think. I might go back and see if by the time you get to where the high score is it gets any tougher.

Make it harderrrrrrrrrrrr. Or at least throw in a difficulty adjustment or something.

Regardless though it's sutpid pretty. I almost creamed myself from all the color.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that even when I DID manage to get myself killed, the dumb game would bring me right back because I died in the midst of like a million enemies. And I couldn't just quit out without saving my score! :/

Oh ho!  Be careful what you wish for.

I'm making more enemies that can be as nasty as you desire...

But your main concern here seems to be a quit button, yes?  I can rewire esc to be quit back to the title screen + save your score.

To take care of the infinite respawn, I'm increasing the combo needed to recover each time you die.  First its 20, then 40, then 60, etc.  You'll see why when I release the next version (whenever that is.)  I put a lot more enemies in that are easy chain bait.

Like this:

As far as easiness goes, I think the game became a lot easier with power ups as well as the shooting of enemy fire.
Lazer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2008, 07:24:52 PM »

Yes those all sound like good ideas.

Seed: "WRECKMYFACEDAMNIT" was a bit tougher, it spammed more propellers.
Corpus
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2008, 12:03:18 PM »

Uh, yeah... I don't have Lazer's problem.
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2008, 12:27:47 PM »

Uh, yeah... I don't have Lazer's problem.

Noted Grin
Lazer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2008, 04:23:46 PM »

It should be taken into account that I'm really bad at Everyday Shooter and Geometry Wars to less of an extent. Level 5 and 420k points are my high points on both respectively.

Although yes I could just be freakishly good at the game.
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2008, 04:32:51 PM »

Heres a new buildo http://people.clarkson.edu/~pulverkl/active2.rar

This is getting pretty close to done at this point.  There should be plenty of enemies to kill you in many different assorted patterns.  Enjoy.
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2008, 10:38:21 PM »

Theres some stuff coming for the final build to be released before the deadline.  Music, some visualization for the music, higher intensity of enemies if you live long enough, and some more drawing effects on the background.  And thats pretty much a wrap! :D  Or... a RAP?  ICE ICE BABY.
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2008, 06:14:58 PM »

yay version 1.0 is up.  :O  check the first post.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2008, 06:31:02 PM »

Man, I love the whole feel of this game. So colorful, and the music and the enemies are awesome. Gotta love what those hearts say.  :D

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2008, 07:22:29 PM »

Wow! So pretty! I'm still confused completely, but it's fun. And colourful. I think I don't understand the curve mechanic. For Excellent.

The Hearts disturb me.
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2008, 07:36:37 PM »

Wow! So pretty! I'm still confused completely, but it's fun. And colourful. I think I don't understand the curve mechanic. For Excellent.

The Hearts disturb me.

Hold both mouse buttons to curve the shot.  Enemies show up with shields and such that you have to curve your shot around (although, most of the time you're lucky enough to catch them in an explosion and they die before you have to fight them.)
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2008, 02:40:52 AM »

I love this latest build. The music and extra enemies really bring it together. Grin

scottwashi
Level 0

I wash myself with a rag on a stick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »

Dude, The music is sweet!

Checkout my games at http://www.scottwashi.com
Lazer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2008, 07:26:06 AM »