Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:52:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationSesame Seeds [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Sesame Seeds [FINISHED]  (Read 23289 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 01:39:55 PM »

Mmm... well, it's pretty neat, but I don't thinkit's working properly. I often type the correct password and press enter and it doesn't improve my score or anything. Not sure if I'm going something wrong.

Also, you should not have a game screen flash so much at startup. Some people can get sick looking at that.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 02:10:22 PM »

After you type the password, you have to attack the enemy swarm. The game won't progress until every last bot is dead (or the time runs out).

I also added decoy passwords in recently, but in all the fun and excitement with the fonts, I forgot to mention them. They start turning up when your score is at least 5, but they'll be misspellings and typing them in won't do jack. I better add that into the first post, thinking about it

Cheers for playing, Melly

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 12:52:35 PM »

I don't actually think that graphical glitch is fixable in MMF2 (the editbox object's idea of transparency is a joke).
Oh, is the typed word's movement done with an edit box? Maybe moving a String with the same text in its alterable string created at the edit box's position would be better? Or you could try putting all the background stuff (sans the removable fluff) in a lower layer?

Pip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 08:53:56 AM »

The string thing is a good idea, but the transition from editbox to string might be noticeable. I might just try it if I have the time.

Hiscores guys?

Sciere
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 01:22:53 PM »

I enjoyed it a lot, especially because of the pace. Nifty!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic