Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:04:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSauce's most epic posts
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47
Print
Author Topic: TIGSauce's most epic posts  (Read 277234 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: August 08, 2012, 04:56:09 PM »

actually the best post was my novella about growing up with phil fish
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: August 10, 2012, 05:39:34 AM »

Quote from: Capntastic
Quote from: Capntastic
Hey I don't wanna "Cause a Scene" but who is Phil Fish?

S'il vous plait

Often I see people ask who is Phil Fish? Did he ever really exist, or was he simply the product of a slick conspiracy or marketing campaign to indoctrinate the West into adopting a certain way of life and entrenching Judeo-Christian values? Who has ever seen him? Is he just a rumour? Those who discuss sightings of him fall mysteriously silent for years on end, and attempts to contact them go unreturned.

Well, as the last man to ever see the corporeal form of Phil Fish, I feel honour bound to set the story straight:

Phil did indeed exist, and was once a man. He and I grew up together in Squamish, British Columbia, in the shadow of impassive, impenetrable cliffs and mountains which, I suppose on recollection, either we internalised their qualities leading to our stoicism in later life, or they were simply always a reflection of ourself, carved by the slow, steady hand of nature. I'd like to say we became fast friends, but the reality is for many years we were bitter rivals.

Throughout high school we engaged in a mutually destructive display of one upmanship. One day I would turn up with scarf of such impossible, otherworldly silkiness that it simply repelled the human touch. It required a special apparatus constructed by my father (the municipality's only CNC engineer) to wind it around my neck, unfortunately it was wound so tight that I was deprived of oxygen to the brain and have slight brain damage resulting in a lack of cognitive function to this day. Not to be outdone, the next day Phil would launch a retaliatory salvo, being adorned with spectacles of rims so thick that he had to drag his head along the ground, carving great grooves in the earth, the pavement, and the hallways, causing skateboarding accidents and similar calamities.

We carried on like this until around the age of 20 or so, when our families were brought together by mutual tragedy. Both of our fathers had, by way of some manner of unforseeable accident that the police refuse to investigate to this day, come into possession of at least 6 and as many as 12 cans of Molson Canadian beer, and, in the throes of some form of toxic delirium, had taken to a nearby ski resort for recreation. Whilst on the ski lift, my father, from what I've been able to piece together from eye-witness reports, must have suffered some form of heart attack, leading Phil's father to valiantly attempt mouth-to-mouth resuscitation for around 3 hours.

I'll always be thankful to the Fish patriarch for having the presence of mind and dexterity of mouth to save the life of my father, but some combination of the beer and near death experience had changed them. My father suddenly claimed to be a gay man, in love with the elder Fish. For his part, Fish Sr. announced that he was taking a motorcycle trip to "find himself", and true to his word, he did, and found himself in bed together with my father in motels across the American midwest.

Our mothers began spending a lot of time together, supporting each other through the toughest time of their lives. Then, one day, I found myself invited to dinner. It was on this day, in the Fish family home, that I discovered Phil's passion for art and video games.

It's funny, in all the time we had been attempting to outdo each other, attempting to be some kind of artisté ubermensch, we had focused solely on the outer perception of our beings. Attempts to impress others. We had never once revealed anything about ourselves, our hopes, our dreams for the future. We were hollow maquettes of the humans we were to become. We struck up an enduring friendship, and became inseparable. We began collaborating on great works of art, enormous silken banners of 8-bit mascots baring arms against the indignities of the soul, to be hung from The Stawamus Chief, video game design documents about how you get different as you age, or how sometimes you really like a person and separation isn't nice, or how you can turn yourself upside down for great financial reward.

We had, in all honesty, an immensely rewarding partnership. We had grown much, and won the praise and admiration of our peers. We were, at last, fully fledged human beings, our success born of a sentience we only truly achieved in our early 20's. We were precocious, and yet we were always battling to make up for lost time. It always occurred to me that we had become great people, the trouble is we had become the same great person, driven by the same personal inadequacies, drawing strength from the same fonts of courage, and it caused me to do something I shall regret for the rest of my life.

I suggested we spend time apart, just a little at first, but then for days, even weeks at a time. It was not an acrimonious split, in fact we continued to work together on many projects throughout this time, far more than we ever attempted individually. It was simply a means to nurture and nourish our own, separate personalities, lest we become an indistinct, blurry duo, the borders of our souls ill-defined, like Milli and Vanilli, Penn and Jillette, Notch and the small child he later devoured live on Justin.tv, or Arnold Schwarzenegger and the fat, weird looking stuntman from that one scene where the bike jumps in slow motion in Terminator 2.

Phil had been working for some time on an idea he'd had about our perception of space, and of space between dimensions being navigated by a Cave Story man, that had been brought on by accidentally striking himself in the back of the head with a golf club at a driving range, which was when he discovered he had joint hypermobility syndrome. For my part, I was working on an action game which provided a stinging critique of the military industrial complex, using bowling as a direct replacement for violence, though keeping the original military context. Things were going well, or so I thought.

One night it all came out. We weren't the same person, we didn't share the same thoughts, and we certainly weren't driven by the same things. I awoke at 3am to find Phil sweating profusely and crying at the foot of my bed. The first thing he said to me was "Joe, I'm going to die. Joe, I'm dying. Joe, when I die, it'll be as if I had never existed. I'll have no legacy, no agency, no memory or self. It scares me, Joe."

I was in no fit state to comprehend all this, but just as I had flicked the light switch on, he immediately switched it off, grabbed me by the shoulders, and stared at me with wide-eyed terror.

"Joe, when I'm gone, will the world even know there was a Phil Fish? Joe, I'm clasped in the jaws of existential terror. It's swallowing me, Joe. Joe, I'm forgetting myself. My self, my whole self. My entirety. Joe, it's going away now. Joe I can't fight it any longer. Joe, was I good enough?"

As he said all this, his grasp became gradually more infirm, though not for want of trying. With all the strength his tiny frame could muster, he was attempting to hold on to my shoulders, like a fleshy, hairy vise. His fingers began to lose their slender shape, his forearms gradually became particulate, a fine mist. Phil Fish was disappearing before my very eyes. His sweat and tears intermingled with the cloud that was once a man, the walls of my room resonated with poorly formed words, but I understood them:

Joe, never forget me.

With that, he was gone with the wind. Ethereal, incorporeal. I have dedicated much of my life to seeding legends of Phil Fish under many pen names, in accordance with his wish to be remembered. And, on occasion most rare, he will appear in fitful dreams and visions to the Squamish people of his spiritual home, or for several hours for on camera interviews for budding film makers.

They say on a still night, if you sprinkle a handful of blu-dust into your campfire, and also spend 70 dollars and have the correct player and television, he will appear, dancing in the flame, yelling "I fucking hate Paul Eres" for all to hear, and not updating his twitter.

So that's the story. Now you know. That's Phil. My best friend, Phil Fish.

@superb

"So that's the story. Now you know." may work better as "So that's the story, for all to know." -- i misread it as the second, and then knew in a flash that the second was superior

also, this one is a more base correction, but "midwest" should be capitalized -- it's American Midwest, not American midwest. the us is silly that way

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: August 10, 2012, 06:49:30 AM »

"the us is silly that way"

Never noticed that before.

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: August 10, 2012, 04:58:17 PM »

oh paul
Aloshi
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 15, 2012, 08:02:48 AM »

Eh, super > superb.
listen up, punk. you think you can just bust in here, use "blog" as a verb, and disparage me like this? i'm a nationally ranked epee fencer and i will fuck you up with an extremely large novelty pencil. i'll trash the whole fucking gift shop chasing you around and thrusting it into store displays as the bort license plates rattle to the ground. i will watch you take your last, desperate gasps atop a pile of plush alligators, with my writing implement embedded in your heart, you fucking coward. this is it. embrace the encroaching mickey mouse branded darkness, you fucker.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: August 16, 2012, 10:18:34 PM »

BATTLEBEARD FINALLY HIT PUBERTY?

I've been in the beginning stages for more than a year, and I am advancing. My voice used to be much higher, I used to be shorter, and I have pubic and arm pit hair.

You heard it here, folks. tigsource

EDIT:
I've never played a video game while p**ping in my life.

However, I have played beginner level minesweeper while urinating. I use my bladder level as the timer (when the stream starts to get weaker it's time to hurry up!)

I used to play gameboy in the shower occasionally. Only when my gamegear was out of batteries though. Or when it had too much soap in the screen.

Sometimes I'll play xbox 360 while brushing my teeth. The xbox white color theme really helps to hide the mess when I accidentally drool Colgate out of my mouth and onto the controller.

One time I played playstation 3 while sitting on my couch. (I'll admit this one is a lie as I do not own a playstation 3. I also don't own a couch. (In case you are wondering I use a series of fold-out chairs (they are useful in case I want to take full use of the space in my living room. (like when I'm hosting a kick boxing tournament))))

One time I played gameboy during a kickboxing tournament.
Since kicking is performed with the feet, it leaves my hands free to press some buttons on some great video games.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:00:04 PM by Tanner » Logged

Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #546 on: August 20, 2012, 12:52:18 PM »

I have pubic and arm pit hair.

ahah.

That disturbing.

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
Bandages
« Reply #547 on: August 20, 2012, 01:41:37 PM »

Quote from: Paul Eres or Whatever
many of the conspiracy theory ideas i was already familiar with and some i already believed in or partially believed in. the main one he convinced me of is that he is the only person in the universe, and that the rest of us are just aspects of his personality. at first i didn't believe it, but eventually i realized the world really does revolve around phubans, and this is an objective fact when you examine all the evidence. convincing others of this is not really possible here, or even desirable. but i am now convinced my goal in life is to guide phubans to enlightenment, although this may involve saying and doing things he doesn't like

as for the vegetarian thing, animals still exist in a solipsistic world, it's just that animals are part of a person; they don't have independent life apart from phubans, but they are still living things. him eating animals would be akin to him eating his own fingers. it'd cause him harm to do harm within his psychology (the universe). for instance, if he were to kill someone, it would be in effect denying part of his personality, destroying part of himself. so it's not really a good thing for him to act violently or destructively towards his own mind

the king of dead pan himself
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:53:52 PM by Castle » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: August 20, 2012, 02:30:14 PM »

you're not supposed to quote stuff from hidden forums in here, hahaha

tho in this case i don't mind, just keep that in mind for the future

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 20, 2012, 02:31:49 PM »

dum, who said that. there are tons of quotes from there in here

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: August 20, 2012, 02:48:44 PM »

dum, who said that. there are tons of quotes from there in here

it's in derek's rules -- "you don't talk about [the hidden forums]"

this statement breaks that rule, too

Bandages
« Reply #551 on: August 20, 2012, 02:54:27 PM »

Now my post is clean as a whistle as Paul's posts are dirty rule breakers

How the tables have turned
disparat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 21, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »

Anyway, reminds me when my friend didn't know you are suppose to use the board while pooping. So basically he would sit on the toilet itself when pooping.
To be honest I did that as well for a while, learned it myself though.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: August 24, 2012, 06:36:38 AM »

i haven't seen a single post in this thread that could be classified as disrespectful

lol

we have our first one

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
ink.inc
« Reply #554 on: August 25, 2012, 05:10:50 PM »

But with unity3d you are limited to what the engine can do, but if you write your own engine you can do a lot more.

sure, you *can*, but most of the time a game doesn't need anything that an engine can't do

as an illustration of this, i invite people to click on indietom's signature to see what coding your own engine can do, it's pretty impressive
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: August 25, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »

I think paul has been using a coach in humour and sarcasm lately

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 27, 2012, 12:51:16 PM »

i heard zzt is free too, it used to be commercial but now you can use it for free

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: August 27, 2012, 01:28:06 PM »

soon he will outrank Sheldon Cooper

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: September 01, 2012, 11:18:36 AM »

I was thinking about THIS THREAD

Quote from: sigvatr

Independent Game Developers You Should Hate

The independent game development community is chock-full of ludicrous drama queens and pretentious morons who think what they are doing is really important. Now, I know I've mentioned in various places that I generally speaking hate all people, ever. However, there are some people who are allocated a special position in my brain that confers them worthy of what I call "super-hatred". Here is a list of those people, and for people who aren't misanthropists, independent game developers you should hate anyway.

Phil Fish. He used to work for Ubisoft, a video game publisher run by more Jews than Israel, and also a French company, which probably appealed to Phil because he is arty or something. He quit working at this company because he didn't like making games for Jews and then started making his own games independently, which is a pretty ordinary story for independent game developers.

However, the story of Phil Fish isn't exactly ordinary; or at least he doesn't want you to think it is. Phil takes every opportunity he has to deliver a jaded rant about Ubisoft and Jew-run game megacorporations, and he wants you to care. His biggest dream come true would be if everyone at Electronic Arts got fucked in the ass by Hitler. He probably sleeps at night having nightmares about creativity-sucking Jew aliens who arrive in black, monolithic UFOs and attach an idea extractor to his head so they can siphon his brilliant game ideas out of his head, make games from them with the addition of lots of guns and then sell them for a million dollars.

Phil is currently making a game that is more indie than inhaling pulverized NES cartridges: a 2d game that looks like a really old game (very indie), but can actually spin around and turn into a 3d game. Upon hearing about this game, ten thousand indie gamers pulled out their triforce-tattooed cocks and ejaculated on a Sega Nomad. Today, these indie gamers regularly return to the internet from an intense session of Audiosurf to circlejerk one another in a forum thread where Phil said something.

Derek Yu. He invented the independent gaming community, which is why you should hate him. That being said, however, you should also hate him because everyone in the community he made wishes that they were him. Derek Yu is like Tyler Durden for indie gamers, and he embodies the Nietzschean Übermannlich ideal of the indie scene: quirky sense of humor, a refined tasted in comic books and the fact that he makes his Edge Games defeating games with Game Maker.

Saying anything bad about him will get you banned from the entire internet and an indie gamer who reads a negative comment about Derek Yu will become so enraged that they will actually get off of their computer to vengefully train their Shii-Cho lightsabre stance. If you accuse someone of wanting to be like Derek Yu, then they will just refute with the same exact accusation, which results in an argument about who loves Derek Yu more.

Arthur Lee, also known as Podunkian or Mr. Podunkian. I don't need to tell people to hate him because everyone hates him already anyway. I have previously referred to him as "Evil Derek Yu" because he wants to be like Derek Yu more than anyone else, and also because he is evil. To achieve this Derek Yu level stardom, he decided to make a clone of indie gamers' most favorite game of all time, Cave Story. Everyone is aware of this, so anytime Podunkian gets mentioned anywhere, it is a rule that any replies you make to the mention must be entirely consisted of the words "cave", "story" and "ripoff".

Podunkian does not quiver in the face of criticism, so for a long time he pretended to be mean and sarcastic so that hopefully people will stop giving him shit, hence the "evil". Today, however, he actually is very mean and awful because people figured out he was just trying to be cool, and he doesn't like that.

Jonathan Blow. Nobody knew who this guy was until he released a game that was so indie, it stopped being indie and become a marginally financially successful game. Jonathan would like you to think he still makes games, but he actually makes a living just by giving interviews talking about his game, which he believes is very philosophical and important, which games aren't.

Since the release of his game, approximately 50% of all indie game news is about Jonathan Blow's latest interview. Since he is too busy giving interviews these days, he makes posts on his blog asking other people to make games in his name for him.

If Jonathan Blow controlled the game industry, games wouldn't be allowed to have blood, gore, women with big tits, guns, violence, space ships, Vikings, ninjas, or women, period. Instead, games would be made entirely out of something that only he knows about. After putting up with this for a few seconds, a space ship flown by a Viking ninja woman with big tits would shoot him with a minigun-minigun and he would be disintegrate into blood and gore so that people could make games with stuff that is actually cool in games in them.

Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #559 on: September 13, 2012, 04:31:34 AM »

I remember back when I was just lurking this site, I stumbled upon this crazy guy called "codergames". He was angry just because people were giving honest criticism on his work. He made a thread named "I remember getting extremely bad critics here, GameVortex gave 89% rating". This is one of my favorite replies:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=15312.msg442977#msg442977
Quote from: Davioware

Ok, so you got a good review.

That don't impress me much! So you.. got the game.. but have you.. got the touch?
*I better hope you know the reference...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic