Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:41:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSauce's most epic posts
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47
Print
Author Topic: TIGSauce's most epic posts  (Read 275013 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #620 on: April 27, 2013, 02:12:21 AM »

A traveling merchant went to the home of a village elder one night, knocking on the door furiously.  When the old man opened the door, he appraised the merchant with a look of recognition and implored him:

"Please, come in, have a seat, enjoy some stew I've made."

The merchant, in a huff, ignored the plea and began to vent.

"Elder, many times have I come to this village to display my wares.  A year ago, I brought exotic inks and brushes, and was ignored.  Last summer, I came with beautiful tapestries, and yet none gave them a second look.  In the winter, I sought an apprentice to teach my trade to, and none offered.  In the spring, I came with a cart of wholesome grains, and they fermented in their bags for want of being purchased.  And today I come again to your village, seeking to open a stall, perhaps to better learn the ways of this village, and yet none would assist me in this endeavor.  So I ask you, though I have visited this place many times, and found no quarrel; what must I do to not be cast aside like a stranger?"

The elder, looking up from his meal, simply implored the merchant once more:

"Please, come in, have a seat, enjoy some stew I've made."

And the merchant was enlightened.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 27, 2013, 12:49:38 PM »

haha that was a perfect response

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #622 on: April 30, 2013, 07:21:50 PM »

I've seen dudes look like chicks and pull it off, this guy doesn't even come close.
ZEL Moblin

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
PowRTocH
« Reply #623 on: May 16, 2013, 01:47:39 PM »

Went through some album artwork I did for a band and found some Vexon-like creatures. Well, hello there!

That's really cool stuff man. Listen i'm not trying to be Betty McButthurt or anything, but i'd like to ask for the thread to not have tons of other pictures in it. While everything thus far has been been tastefully discussed I'd like the art posted here to be created specifically for this thread's topic. By all means, feel free to discuss similar designs further. I'm just asking for you to not post pictures directly into the thread.

its fucking crazy and disrespectful, imo, that this fucker busted in here without showing due reverence for the 15 year old who invented beaks, plague masks, cultural depictions of london in 1665, and made up some silly word for it so that he could continue constantly posting about himself and nothing else. its really rude and awful. wheres the fucking decorum, bro.

ethered
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #624 on: May 16, 2013, 02:02:58 PM »

oh lawd, I need to read that thread

Blambo
« Reply #625 on: May 16, 2013, 02:10:42 PM »

Always assume it's a 15 year old.

No, the Geneva Convention prohibits us from attempting to make art.

Yes, of course we can.  It just takes practice.  You may not remember, but you weren't very good at programming at first, either.  But you stuck with it, and improved over the years.  Art is the same way.  You'll start to see things differently and improve your overall ability the more you practice.

Just keep at it.  Don't give up.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:51:31 PM by Blambo » Logged
Ashkin
« Reply #626 on: May 17, 2013, 02:31:26 AM »

Nobody suspects a thing.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #627 on: May 29, 2013, 12:15:06 PM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #628 on: May 29, 2013, 01:41:17 PM »

oh my what an honor
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #629 on: May 29, 2013, 02:23:12 PM »

gj instantly paging it so nobody will ever look at it again

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: May 29, 2013, 02:34:14 PM »

Oh, really?

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 02, 2013, 05:24:32 AM »

the children gathered with sticks and stones. Who stemmed in with minds that saw the world. For the human is he who sees others and becomes them. As the hammer hits the hand all that sees winces. So the children saw the man in the suit and become him with the briefcase in hand, he turned up at the tea party and thus was influenced simply by seeing so. We become what we see, we sit down with dogs and come up with fleas.

so the children became men the child who grew up with the nes in one hand and the computer in another become the game designer. He become simply so an object a nes himself able to manipulate the codes that lay beneath. It was him  and he to it. Alas phil fish you are a silly trout, but more so a designer simply for being observing it. Like those that see the hammer meet the hand we too all feel the pain and the fun.

Oh the colours of the world how are they named and bueat but merely the names that our fathers and mothers gave to us, perhaps they are the most  influential of us all. The mothers hug had provided more groups of sprites then Derek yu ever had inspired. Fuck chicken.

-----

Its stupid tto try to look to stars and place them on pedistrals, they are up there away from you - you cannot give a medal to will wright, what good would that do to your own life? I find it odd how devolopers shunned from the outside world would only take due influence from their brothers in arms and ignore the nature, the universe that birthed us out from star dust. It is rather others, One says it is I Notch who makes sandbox simulator. So the cousins in arms and relatives all say you I will take influence from, born forth dwarfcorp fortress craft and starcraft. But they ignore the real world, the hammers and suits and ties and clothes and flowers and trees they abandon them. Laughingly and mock what game can be made from a suit? What pleasure what gain? Some others do not even see. It is like the saying "think outside the box" the fact that this saying is in existence shows how redimental we are with our habits and patterns we steal.

My happiness existences is the study of trees and grasses mapping their ebb and flow in terms of sin waves and tans. I look to the people in the street and in their palletes I find rainbows of colours I see, but the indie designer ignores such bueaty with limitations of 12 bits and 256 bits and nes palletes and his brothers say look at this alien complexion I have designed. His brothers agree and they too become alien to the universe.

Fuck being influenced by internet people -be influenced by the world around you, your culture friends,god dammit are are so alone that youhave fonts to see on signposts? no music? no jazz? no povety? crime heros legends? even the most smallest group of friendship has a legacy of injokes, Go outside see your own unique tree. the palm tree the gum tree the pine tree everywhere are all different and you would never see such things together. But the shut in looks not at the trees of his own country but the trees of the game, and misses out the original worlds he can build of it. It is all the same the same zelda inspired tree he saw in his youth.

Prehaps it is a curse of the Game Designer, instead of growing as a representative of nature experincing nature - becomes the Game experiencing Games.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
ink.inc
« Reply #632 on: June 10, 2013, 07:09:53 AM »

wanna know a fuckin secret? when they dub these things, you are a guy in a booth, scheduled for no fewer than 4 hours at a time. in front of you you have a collection of papers which include only your lines. you dont know the fucking context of anything and will only be given that context if your read doesnt mesh with the scene. otherwise you get 3 beeps in your headphones, you say the words dramatically, and you move on. a line is strictly defined as 10 or more words. you get paid about 4 dollars per line. you know how every stupid piece of shit in these dumb cartoons for idiots is screaming all the time? well if youre quick at reading your lines which are hopefully over 10 words, you can pick up more than the minimum session fee. if you have a session full of stupid fucking screaming, guess what? you get to ruin your voice by screaming for 4 hours, you cant work for several days, sometimes you develop polyps which need surgery, and you make only the minimum session fee because you actually had no lines. on top of this, because these shitty fucking things are going to be resold and reaired and merchandised in perpetuity, that is to say, for fucking ever the producer "negotiates" a 200% buyout as standard for all your residual rights. you ruin your future livelihood and your health and will see no return on it past this day. then you log in to troll a video game forum on a message board for people who dont think guns and muscles are cool and read some bejorted poindexter flying the rising sun flag for glorious nippon and saying the people constantly yelling with no nuance in a language they neither speak nor understand are much better than the people who constantly yell in a language they do understand. you see, that latter group are just bad actors, because acting under kafkaesque circumstances for pennies is just really intuitive and easy. suck my entire dick. goku has autism and youre a shithead who disappoints his parents daily.
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #633 on: June 10, 2013, 07:23:51 AM »

That was a great post.
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #634 on: June 11, 2013, 03:23:22 AM »

I'd appreciate less genital mutilation chatter though.

Yeah this seems more applicable in the happy programmer room.
Blambo
« Reply #635 on: June 18, 2013, 04:12:08 PM »

i put on my officially licensed goku gi and boot up game maker. right then and there i start powering up and delivering kung fu blows to the drag and drop codes. it is a powerful foe indeed. i have lost my voice from the screaming, but my kamehameha beam burns brightly. but, what's this? no! it can't be! my qi blast object has been set to bounce off my crt monitor! noooooooooo! marcus fenix taunts me from atop his pile of brown skulls. this is my personal hell.

and

Quote from: Superb Joe
[everything this human being has ever said.]
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #636 on: June 20, 2013, 01:58:19 PM »

moneyz for cloud services, shut those Gaikai dudes, they are no match to this gentleman
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #637 on: June 21, 2013, 06:26:18 PM »

that's swag

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #638 on: June 23, 2013, 03:24:59 PM »

FF6 with my sister. Near end. Magic tower. Moogle charm. Need gem box - x magic. Oh yeah. Kill all dragons, almost. How easy is this game? First time I build perfect party - amazing - even though I've beaten it many times before. How great is old FF? Fuck english-only voices. Screw Japan. I love you guys. Make more FF. Stop fucking around. FF7.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: June 25, 2013, 07:57:18 AM »

alot of people ask me the elixer of life - the way to talk to girls and greater things. And I answer as i do as i may when i do. But they do nnot like the answer, that i give that you do too Mr Eres paul what they entires.

So alot of people dont know this about me but when I was young i studied under the great bruce lee; yes odd isnt it - almost hard to believe but faith must trample under reason if you are to learn from this. Every few months he would visit my uncle - my uncle suggested thatt i show him my games - I showed him mark overmars early version of gamemaker this was before gamemaker 3; it was called drape. which was limited to mere pattern draw that showed the used of early d&d used today. But none then less when the program was compiled so to speak the screen wasfilled with a myraid of colours. I asked him how would I improve the game he replied that he wasn't placed on this world to tell me how to live life but in order to tell himself where on the world he would be placed in the world. To a six year old that phrase stuck to me - to not listen to my father, my mother my sister how amazing would that be.

oddly enough his telling is something i based my entire being on everyday on my life.

"
Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
" Bruce Lee

- -  - -  - -  - -  - -

I would rather play the game of a man who is simply exploring the notions of himself then the academic studies of a book man

I would rather read the notions of a writer who is simply exploring the notions of himself the the perfect writing studies of a academic journal.

Players like variety,

How can we give variety when we use the same theories over and over again.

They like new experiences and learning.
How can we learn when the theories are used over and over again

They like challenge. They like surprises.
the only challenge here is the mediocritie of these stupid theories that plague your produce

When these "theories" come into play they become useless and dull - a fashion of sorts. But the man who simply designs "for" himself will always create something new and unique.

If i presented the theatres of the world - summed all the great designers of the world into a pitch dark room with the torchlight of god into your soul and being. Their would not be one such as yourself. A thousand game designers and only one I who writes varibles like I who draws sprites like I who uses the sound like I who writes storys like I

yet you graphing ham defend the use of not making an expression of yourself. But of the statistics of others.

I hate this

It makes shit games; It makes shit movies; it makes shit books and shit shit shit thats dull and boring with smooth edges.

Morrowind was better then oblivion; theory is to blame.

Now paul is right usally is start sentences with I think or I'm not sure but this ideal is something he is Mithra about. "the 'better' thing is to make games" and it fuckin shows paul eres reads a lot of books he writes ton he writes everyday he plays games his games are in essence paul eres. Like limbs and fingers,

our identity is not what we do but what we leak out to the world.

So why leak out a fucking books idea of who we should be

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic