Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411738 Posts in 69405 Topics- by 58458 Members - Latest Member: oiledsurvivor

May 22, 2024, 11:55:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallWordsnap Contraption released tomorrow for iPhone/iPod Touch! (14th Jan 2011)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wordsnap Contraption released tomorrow for iPhone/iPod Touch! (14th Jan 2011)  (Read 794 times)
BazTaylor
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:19:54 AM »

Hi,

My name is Baz. My company, Digital Sideburns, is releasing a new iOS game for the iPhone and iPod Touch tomorrow on iTunes. The game will sell for 79¢(in Europe), 99¢(In North America) and 59p(in the UK).

A gameplay video can be found here:

I suck at making fancy videos but hope to make a better one next week. I want to show off our nice menus too.

It's a word based game, where tile appear in the centre and players can move them to any of the four rows make up to four different words at a time. The longer the word the better the multiplier you get on your next time. There's a strategic element to how to play also; you might steal letters from one unfinished word to finish another word. There are retina graphics and an online leaderboard using Game Center.

You can find out more about Digital Sideburns on our blog: www.digitalsideburns.com, including HD images (http://digitalsideburns.com/blog/happy-new-gear/) of the menus and of the game. We've a Facebook page at www.facebook.com/DigitalSideburns if you'd like to join.

We are a two man team and for this game we did all the design, coding, testing, art and music. Thanks for any support and we hope you enjoy our work. I'd love to answer any question if you have them. I will post a reply once the game has officially gone live!
BazTaylor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:40:10 AM »

Suppose I should really post some images! Might help.

Main Menu Screen. All menu screen have a similar background with moving gears.

Game Start. Tiles waiting in the center to be moved into one of the four other rows to create full words.

First word. Once you're happy with it, press the button on the right to submit it. Because it's a five letter word you'll receive a red, 2x multiplier tile which will double the score of any word it's used in.

Three different words being created at the same time. If you're missing a letter you can come back to a word and start on a new row. You can also steal letters from one word to complete another. There are risks and rewards in trying to make longer words.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic