Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 10:58:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingFight The Generic Power
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Fight The Generic Power  (Read 16967 times)
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 03:35:27 PM »

You are a dude.  Your girlfriend has been stolen by the President's daughter.  Are you a bad enough dude to save your girlfriend while trying not to hurt the President's daughter?
LemonScented
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 05:06:14 PM »

You are a god, with limitless power. You can mould time, space, matter, reality, perception, life, death, energy, luck, karma, coincidence and "French-ness" however you see fit. You can create a boulder too heavy for you to pick up, and then you can pick it up anyway.

The one thing you can't do is find a civilisation to rule over who will accept a deity with such power. It turns out people prefer the sorts of lesser gods who "move in mysterious ways", or who are opposed by some kind of evil bad-guy god, or who are a part of a pantheon, or who allow free will. All of these concepts are vastly below your level of power. You are a god without a religion. How do you find people who can feel comfortable as your subjects, and accept you as a ruler?

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »

Timmy Staterson was a lonely boy-- Not just because he stuffs himself in his room all day.

No.

He's mute.

Will you dare leave your room to try to overcome your voiceless oppression? Or will you stay inside and work to become the King of Facebook?!

Ixis
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 02:42:29 AM »

You are a particularly deadly shade of maroon. You're finding it hard to get work these days, as the theory of relativity has just set up shop down the street and is offering services at prices you simply can't match. The only way to settle this matter is to invite him for tea and best him using wits, violence or subterfuge, all lovely weapons you keep in your violence box. You have 24 hours to make it count.
Ixis
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 02:43:41 AM »

And no, you can't ask the explosive sound of a canary at the window for help because she's out of town visiting family. Big Laff
Captain_404
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 08:07:50 AM »

And no, you can't ask the explosive sound of a canary at the window for help because she's out of town visiting family. Big Laff

I don't know what world you live in, but I want to be there.
tsameti
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 09:49:31 AM »

A hydrologist with a drinking problem has to keep a town's water reservoirs safe from industrial and domestic pollution.

Current
Poikolos

Permanently on Hiatus
Son, Stranger
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 11:55:04 AM »

You are Kim, a underpaid accountant at a international firm.

Sitting in your cubicle, you often draw on your notepad while talking on the phone.

Your uncle often calls you at work. His wife has recently passed and you were always close with her.
He is depressed but you try to comfort him, day after day, before telling him "look, I really have to go" and returning to your work.
You hate your work. You feel like the only big thing you have to look forward to... is death.

Only a few short years after previously mentioned death, you will be renowned for your drawings, which will be exhibited around the world as "High Art".
Tiderion
Level 0

Game Writer/Designer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 02:45:13 PM »

The universe is ruled by the Hierarchy of the Cosmics. It's a vast, faceless bureaucracy of forces and formless entities bound together by the desire to codify and enforce the laws of Physics.

A human man has lost his wife, and now intends to bring her back to life. If he defies the finality of Death, he may damage the linearity of Time itself.

You are the one charged to stop him. What motivates you to kill a dream?
Not to hate but this sounds like the Adjustment Bureau movie coming out soon. Except from the point of view of John Slattery.
Tiderion
Level 0

Game Writer/Designer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 02:57:42 PM »

You are a disgraced engineer who works in the bowels of a city monitoring it's sewage and treatment facilities. While attempting to repair and unclog pipes due to all the crap people flush and throw into storm drains, you notice a dead body in a pipe. Now you have to search the pipes for other clues to figure out who was murdered by whom and why.

All while avoiding crocodiles.
LemonScented
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 07:04:45 PM »

You are a disgraced engineer who works in the bowels of a city monitoring it's sewage and treatment facilities. While attempting to repair and unclog pipes due to all the crap people flush and throw into storm drains, you notice a dead body in a pipe. Now you have to search the pipes for other clues to figure out who was murdered by whom and why.

All while avoiding crocodiles.

I would totally play that game. In fact, if I had a magic button that could generate the mythical Spare Time, I would use some of it to make that game, if nobody else was doing it. Crime! Mystery! Exploration! Crocodiles! Poop!

tsameti
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 01:00:13 PM »

Not to hate but this sounds like the Adjustment Bureau movie coming out soon. Except from the point of view of John Slattery.

Huh? Wikipedia says that's based off of a Philip K Dick novel though, so I don't feel surprised. Philip K has thought of everything already.

Current
Poikolos

Permanently on Hiatus
Son, Stranger
Tiderion
Level 0

Game Writer/Designer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 04:27:47 PM »

Huh? Wikipedia says that's based off of a Philip K Dick novel though, so I don't feel surprised. Philip K has thought of everything already.
I know, right? Hollywood has a mild obsession with his work.
Squibb_Wiggins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 01:28:05 PM »

You are a particularly deadly shade of maroon. You're finding it hard to get work these days, as the theory of relativity has just set up shop down the street and is offering services at prices you simply can't match. The only way to settle this matter is to invite him for tea and best him using wits, violence or subterfuge, all lovely weapons you keep in your violence box. You have 24 hours to make it count.

My new goal in life is to own a violence box.

You are Will, the world's greatest Pharmacist. After touring your wholesaler's warehouse and being trapped under a mountain of Lipitor for 2.7 days, you've acquired the ability to fly. As well, your lucky counting spatula has grown to novelty sizes. You now set off alone to defend the city from criminals.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 02:20:05 PM »

You are Nolan, a student and freelance photographer.
You are also an alcoholic.
School is becoming a chore and your photos aren't selling very well.
You start stealing whiskey.
Trent
Level 0

Someday I'll make games!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 11:18:15 AM »

I would totally play that game. In fact, if I had a magic button that could generate the mythical Spare Time, I would use some of it to make that game, if nobody else was doing it. Crime! Mystery! Exploration! Crocodiles! Poop!

Man that would be awesome. I feel like it would be especially fun to wade through the sewage and random oddities that people flush. Something like the sewers/Old New York in Futurama.

AlexDJones
Level 0

Dough-faced wonderchild

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2011, 07:13:53 AM »

You are Zeke, a tramp who dreams of Broadway. Your mission is to hijack "The Lion King" and deliver a rousing rendition of "Circle of Life" whilst avoiding security.
pixhead
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 03:28:57 PM »

You are god. One day you realized that taking care of everyone by yourself is not only hard but boring, so you cloned yourself. You realized after spending so much time with yourself that you are a douche and you decide to kill yourself. But when you kill yourself you break your own commandment and lose all your powers. You wander the world searching for an angel to bring you back to heaven. BEFORE the devil captures you.
P-Flute
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2011, 10:06:12 AM »

robots are allowed if they are not trying to be some other kind of machine, ex. killing machine trying to be love bot...

Well, urr.  During the day you're a killing android manipulating the world scene for your government/corporate masters.  You love your work and are coolly indifferent about the fleshbags using you to rise to power.  You are the only model of your caliber and you go uncontested pretty much forever; The killing is basically the loading screens.  The gameplay consists of mini-games about your hobbies: chatting up baristas, tasting independently brewed beers, and writing short stories about lost pet animals as metaphors for the human condition.

Though I suppose that's more an unoriginal character with a twist...ah hell.
Philtron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2011, 12:32:02 PM »

You are a college grad with an archaic computer only good for word processing and cruising internet forums. You start up a wry and witty gaming blog. You think internet people should check it out because they might enjoy it. The twist ending is that you were me, all along.

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
http://electriccartilage.wordpress.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic