Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 06:13:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingFight The Generic Power
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Fight The Generic Power  (Read 16966 times)
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 12:09:12 PM »

You are a worker bee in a large, prosperous colony. Every day you head out into the world, looking for flowers to collect nectar to bring back to the hive to turn into honey to feed to the little bee larvae who keep breaking out of their cells, at which point you have to bring another egg into the cell and wax it over so the larva will be safe, and by the time you're done all that it's time to go to sleep and get ready for the next day.

Are you content leading this life, or is there more to see and do out in the world?

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2011, 05:43:43 AM »

You are a worker bee in a large, prosperous colony. Every day you head out into the world, looking for flowers to collect nectar to bring back to the hive to turn into honey to feed to the little bee larvae who keep breaking out of their cells, at which point you have to bring another egg into the cell and wax it over so the larva will be safe, and by the time you're done all that it's time to go to sleep and get ready for the next day.

Are you content leading this life, or is there more to see and do out in the world?
That needs to be called SimBee. There's already SimAnt, so why not?
kokocipher
Level 0

2D Artist & Music Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2011, 12:33:28 PM »

You're a White blood cell battling a common cold virus.  Your goal is to engulf smaller pathogens.  If the pathogen is bigger than you, you must fire antibodies to reduce its size. 

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2011, 07:27:13 AM »

You are nothing. Nothing happens. Big time.
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2011, 04:38:05 PM »

That needs to be called SimBee. There's already SimAnt, so why not?

Maybe. The idea in my head is that, yes, you can play it straight, doing all the tasks mentioned for points and to see the colony expand, for a limited duration - a hard time limit in the form of the player-bee's life span - or you could actually spend your time just exploring the world, finding little easter eggs or something. Maybe you have to balance your exploration with needing to meet a certain quota of 'real work' in order to not anger the Queen Bee and her soldiers or something.

Now it sounds like a game I'd like to make at some point, maybe... Undecided

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Gauss Jordan
Level 2

This world!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2011, 12:02:37 PM »

You are the feared evil overlord that used to rule the world with your iron fist. Once, you battled a spoiled, weak little brat that thought killing countless numbers of slimes and bugs would make him prepared for the fight. Trying to stomp on him with your featured tungsten boots you took quite the impressive leap. Maybe too impressive even, as you broke your neck when hitting the roof. Paralyzed, lame and entering a coma, you have lost everything. After many years you finally wake up in a cozy bed - locked into a museum display case...

Lefty-concepty, righty-pixley, but bothey programmey.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2011, 01:29:08 PM »

The title is "You Find a Room in Yourself."

You wake up with a window in your belly. Inside, you see a tiny person in a locked room. To get the guy out of the room and presumably out of your belly, you must give him items to solve puzzles in his room. These items must be found in the house you find yourself in. How do you get them to him?  By eating them.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2011, 02:15:46 PM »

Sir Raptor,

Stop scaring me with your creepy stories. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Heinz
LemonScented
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2011, 05:47:15 PM »

Is there a giant outside your house that keeps eating things which then magically fall down your chimney?

Does the little man in your belly keep eating stuff that's in his house?

Actually, that reminds me of a game I spent a month or so seriously considering making. You play a greedy boy who ate all the food in his house, ate through his parent's bank account as they tried to feed you, and eventually ate all the furniture in the house, followed by the house itself. You are stricken with guilt at how your greed has left you and your parents homeless, and you set out to make things right.

"Making things right" mostly involves platforming, in which you reach platforms you otherwise couldn't jump up to by regurgitating bits of furniture to climb up on.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2011, 06:20:24 PM »

Sir Raptor,

Stop scaring me with your creepy stories. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Heinz
NOPE

Play as a hot dog vendor whose hot dogs are made from shattered dreams. Every night, you enter the streets and through minor increments, you ruin the future goals of the working men and women who will tomorrow purchase your delicious hot dogs.

Is there a giant outside your house that keeps eating things which then magically fall down your chimney?

Does the little man in your belly keep eating stuff that's in his house?
No, just you and the guy in your belly. He also has a machine that spits things back out of your mouth. I have a basic idea already, with art style and everything, and it's so insane I can't decide whether I should make it myself or give it to Cactus or some shit like that.
letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 03:29:43 AM »

You are a young boy with magical powers that must save the world from an ancient evil. Oh- did I say a young boy? I meant a dead wizard's talking goblet. What sorts of things will you pour today?

RCIX
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2011, 11:42:26 AM »

You are the first inter-universal cheese maker. Tasked with bringing the fine glory of exotically manufactured cheeses from a wide array of universes back to your own, you're aided by a shady scientist only known as Gor G. Onzola. Will you discover the source of this fantastical technology he supplies you with? Is he even a human? And more importantly, will you be able to make the first ever antimatter cheese?

Also, this:
And no, you can't ask the explosive sound of a canary at the window for help because she's out of town visiting family. Big Laff

I don't know what world you live in, but I want to be there.
Theophilus
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2011, 08:29:40 AM »

A factory of condom-manufacturing robots have been making defective condoms; the world is overpopulated and it will explode.
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2011, 01:38:06 PM »

These sound like wonderful settings for text adventures (excuse me, "IF").
Because a lot have clever language manipulations that are better understood linguistically than visually (eg "the theory of relativity step up shop")..

great stuff!

destiny is truth pre-op
Articulated
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2011, 07:29:28 AM »

You are Edgar, the lowly son of a farmer.  Through some strange twist of fate, your childhood friend discovered a magical artifact aged 12, and is destined to rid the land of the Generic evil it faces.  You will follow your hero friend on his quest as his sidekick and:

- Carry the heavy equipment.
- Moan about the weather.
- Provide comic relief during the dull bits by falling down holes and getting caught in traps.
- Get you both into trouble with your impulsive pulling of levers.
- Become jealous of your friend's hero status.
- Try to win the heart of the princess, and pretend to not care when she shacks up with hero-boy instead.
- Decide whether to betray him to the Evil forces or stick by him.
- Return to your turnips when the deed is done, and begin your own quest: to rid your field of moles.  With lasers!

Need a Voice Actor for your game?  Check out my demo reel on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/jc5124

I have a blog too!

http://arbitrax.wordpress.com/

Follow @JC5124 on Twitter!
QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2011, 08:21:03 AM »

A few thoughts:
-You are an amorphous blob who must spend the entire game trying to move from one end of the room to the other, which is difficult since you have no muscles.
-You are one of many voices in a man's head and must try to convince him to do your bidding.
-You are the owner of a fabric manufacturing company and must stop the UN from finding out about your child laborers.
-You are a suicidal fish who wants to find a fisherman's line to bite... unfortunately you are below the legal limit so they keep throwing you back.
Painting
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2011, 03:47:21 AM »

You are a scientist who enters his painstakingly genetically modified single-celled organism into an Underground Artificial Prokaryote Cockfighting Championship.

On the way, you face a cat-loving stoner girl and an imposing, drum'n'bass-loving former eating contest champion - each a competent microbiologist. Can you engineer an organism brutal enough to take down theirs?

The final boss is a reticent, prepubescent autistic girl who tapes feathers to her arms. She was only allowed into the tournament because of her unimaginable brilliance. Also, she knows the organizer personally.
leonelc29
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2011, 07:48:55 AM »

you're a giant enemy crab that...eat people...  Hand Fork Left Mock Anger Hand Knife Right
njm1992
Level 0

Aaaaargh!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2011, 06:47:30 AM »

This idea just popped into my head and I don't know if it's been done, haven't read all the posts.

You are the fourth dimension, Time, and you've got a crush on a rather unlucky human girl, who will, time after time, get in deadly situations.

It's up to you to save her! Use you powers of self-control to slow down objects and people, so that she will not get hurt.

Unfortunately in the end, you are forced to make a hard choice. Will you kill her with old age, or will you freeze here in time and destroy all of reality?!
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2011, 10:58:08 PM »

You are dead. Where are you and what happens?

(probably such game has been done, please let me know)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic