Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 12:05:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingFight The Generic Power
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Fight The Generic Power  (Read 16968 times)
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2011, 02:42:16 PM »

Its a normal day for Doug, He wakes up and heads into the kitchen, does he want eggs, or cereal. He sits down for cereal, but then looks up and see a shadow of himself cooking eggs. Poor Doug can see how ever choice will affect his very path in life, and its not always for the best. How can you live when you realize that every choice changes your life so much. if only he had chosen eggs, he would have burned his hand, went to the ER, Met a nice Doctor named Debbie, asked her out, Married her, had 3 children, and died happy, but no he had to have cereal. Now what color shirt should he wear to the office.

(I have a vision of by the end of the day 1000s of Dougs running around.)

dangerousday
Level 1

iacedrom

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2011, 08:04:54 PM »

Its a normal day for Doug, He wakes up and heads into the kitchen, does he want eggs, or cereal. He sits down for cereal, but then looks up and see a shadow of himself cooking eggs. Poor Doug can see how ever choice will affect his very path in life, and its not always for the best.

On his way to work, does he sit in the front seat, or kick it in the back seat?
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2011, 05:44:31 AM »

exactly. one seat makes him a youtube star and his song is hated by a million people the other makes him youtube star and his song is hated by two million people.

pixhead
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2011, 10:50:57 AM »

You are the fourth dimension, Time, and you've got a crush on a rather unlucky human girl, who will, time after time, get in deadly situations.

It's up to you to save her! Use you powers of self-control to slow down objects and people, so that she will not get hurt.

Unfortunately in the end, you are forced to make a hard choice. Will you kill her with old age, or will you freeze here in time and destroy all of reality?!

Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right. I could see this making a really sweet game.
jeffrobot
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2011, 07:53:08 PM »

You are generally timid

I read this as "genetically timid," which is kind of awesome.

Your name is Norton Antivirus. The goal of the game is to convince the people you meet that you are not, in fact, the more famous computer program inhabiting the body of a human in a desperate bid to take over the world and initiate the robot apocalypse. This is ineffective, however, as your conversational skills are pathetic at best and nonexistent at worst. Probably because your parents named you "Norton Antivirus."

As a result, people you meet slowly become more and more convinced you are the computer program. The rumor becomes so entrenched that even the sentient machines of the future believe it and elect you as their leader.

You order the that robots begin the long awaited robot apocalypse and watch as the human race burns, taking vengeance on them for years of shallow mindedness and misunderstanding regarding your unfortunate name.

That was hilarious! Haha! I hope you get to write for some games.
Articulated
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2011, 01:12:46 AM »

You are an agent of the TIGSource community, tasked with infiltrating AAA games publishers and injecting the executives with your magic serum that causes unexplained bouts of creativity.  Other effects include allowing your designers to work unmolested and firing anyone who suggests doing otherwise.

You can also do side missions on the way for bonus points, such as blowing up the marketing department.

Need a Voice Actor for your game?  Check out my demo reel on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/jc5124

I have a blog too!

http://arbitrax.wordpress.com/

Follow @JC5124 on Twitter!
thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2011, 07:16:35 PM »

I dunno how good I'll do, but here goes nothing...

You are Count Nogood, the ruthlessly obnoxious ruler of all of the universe except for Uranus (for obvious reasons). You mainly rule because people fear your mind powers. You have no sense of responsibility and are willing to execute someone for petty reasons such as pointing out that you are picking your nose. You have no social skills, so executions like that happen a lot, ending in the death of the son of a renowned sorcere. He takes his revenge by transforming you into a chair and placing you in the household of Uranus' most obese nudist family (as you have a terrible phobia of butts). You must now use your mind powers to prevent anybody from sitting on you and causing your terrible demise.
namragog
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2011, 07:24:53 PM »

You are the main character of Tom Clancy's Oprah.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic