Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 09:54:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)My talk on my AS3 port of sfxr
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My talk on my AS3 port of sfxr  (Read 2343 times)
SFBTom
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: January 14, 2011, 01:42:35 PM »

So a while back, I decided to port sfxr, that most ingenious sound effects tool, to AS3, both as an online app and a runtime sound generator. Some people liked it, which was cool.  Smiley

Then I gave a 3 minute talk about it at Flash on the Beach last year, which people also seemed to like! Enough to invite be back for a full hour slot for the next one anyway.  Shocked

Then I talked to a bunch of people about it and made some improvements. I don't know if anyone liked them though.  Undecided

The app is located here.

The source is right here.

And here's a link to Tomas Pettersson's page, since he started the whole thing!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 02:04:57 AM by SFBTom » Logged

Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 02:13:49 PM »

I use as3sfxr all the time. I prefer it over standard sfxr due to the extra features.

Just popping in to say great work!

SFBTom
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 05:06:23 PM »

I use as3sfxr all the time. I prefer it over standard sfxr due to the extra features.

Just popping in to say great work!

Thanks, always nice to know someone other than me uses it!

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 06:43:53 PM »

Yeh, sfxr is noice, and your port looks good!

I also ported it (to a java applet) back in the day: http://bp.io/post/177

Smiley

nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 07:16:36 AM »

Nice program and clear and funny video. I could imagine me using this in flash, because i don't have to download the program.

Maybe in an added (or other program) make a step controller and layers so you can even compose your music in this program?

SFBTom
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 07:52:51 AM »

Maybe in an added (or other program) make a step controller and layers so you can even compose your music in this program?

I had a brief go at porting musagi playback to AS3 a while back, even got as far as getting it playing notes in order and on time. Work got in the way though, so I never finished it. Maybe I'll go back to it one day if I get the time...

Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 08:05:08 AM »

Is the source for the incomplete Musagi port available anywhere? I would love an AS3 Musagi player, and if it was on Github or something I would probably at least take a quick look at it to see if I could help.

Also AS3sfxr is brilliant, thank you very much for creating it.

SFBTom
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 03:28:13 AM »

I'll have a dig around when I get back to my PC.

The original source can be found here though, specifically the source in the playmu folder in the zip. I'd only spent a day or so tinkering, so it wouldn't take too much to catch up!

nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 02:29:47 PM »

Great! Smiley

Off coarse we shouldn't let you do all the work Wink, but still i really like this kind of programs ported to flash.
SFBTom
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 05:25:50 AM »

Seemingly inspired by the talk, Chounard has ported sfxr (via as3sfxr) to XNA! Here's the first version

seanw
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 06:06:24 AM »

Thanks for this, sfxr is a great tool and I like the extra features you've added. Smiley

Fresco: a bitmap editor with layers and filters for Android. Testers wanted! http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=19238.0
Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 06:18:54 AM »

I've used as3sfxr in almost every flash/flex game I've made, so I just feel the need to leave a comment saying Cheers!  Beer!

SFBTom
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 03:34:50 AM »

Thanks for this, sfxr is a great tool and I like the extra features you've added. Smiley
I've used as3sfxr in almost every flash/flex game I've made, so I just feel the need to leave a comment saying Cheers!  Beer!

No worries guys, glad it helped out a little Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic