Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 09:56:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAtomograd
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Atomograd  (Read 1441 times)
bento_smile
« on: January 14, 2011, 07:02:58 PM »

Making a thing.

Please excuse WIP screenshot from inside Max. Smiley (Not-so-good default lighting.)

It's an exploration game with a ton of 3D. I want to make each area as unique as possible. :D If the furniture looks dated, that's intentional (it's kitsch).

Finished so far:
100 meshes (woo!)
Temporary textures (booo)
Apartment layouts

Next I am going to start cleaning up the textures (adjusting colours, separating shiny ones, and creating tiling patterns for fabrics and things), and continue adding more to this one apartment. I also have to make doors and windows.

This is really big and will take me a long time Sad but thankfully there are places I can make economies. Flat textures is one, and concentrating on variety in certain places only is another (for example, I only have two sets of kitchen units to cover all apartments, but I have about 6 different types of dining chairs/stools.)

Hopefully next time I post I'll have that room up there looking pretty!  Beg
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 07:32:50 PM »

what're ya making it in? 3D games require a ton of assets and that takes a lot of work, so you're just doing them first and getting them out of the way or is there another reason?

100 meshes made already  Epileptic

(i like the name)
Chris Pavia
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 07:34:58 PM »

Hooray, more 3d games!
bento_smile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 08:04:50 PM »

what're ya making it in? 3D games require a ton of assets and that takes a lot of work, so you're just doing them first and getting them out of the way or is there another reason?

100 meshes made already  Epileptic

(i like the name)

Cheers! :3

I'm going to give Unity a go... so partially I wanted to make a bunch of 3D so I wouldn't chicken out if/when I hit a bug. Mostly it's just to work in big chunks in Max for as long as possible, so I can drop stuff in room by room. (It's going into Unity though as soon as this first bit is ready!) :D

Hooray, more 3d games!

Grin:handthumbsupR:
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 01:26:17 PM »

I'm so happy and excited to see this here.

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 01:44:20 PM »

I love the really like, flat, basic texturing. It reminds me of the old Mercenary/Damocles games. Very charming.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic