Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:09:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFree Vintage/Retro MMORPG - accepting new players!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Free Vintage/Retro MMORPG - accepting new players!  (Read 1688 times)
russeljc
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2011, 12:55:03 PM »

After tinkering away for several years, I'm happy to open Everschmame up for public play!

Download link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12712358/Everschmame%20Release.zip

I grew up playing games like Zork, Telengard, Moraff's World - RPGs that relied on compelling gameplay and strong game mechanics, because good graphics simply didn't exist!  While Everschmame is graphically based, the game's core focus is on building a strong game engine that incentivizes smart play, with interesting game concepts.

100s of playable hours already exist, but more is actively being added weekly.
Here's a snapshot to give you an idea of the game (the backpack and character window are up in this image):

Things added in the past month include:
-The humble beginnings of a town.
-Within that town, a wise old man, responsible for collecting quest items.  The 'world quest' will build a tunnel interconnecting the various zones of the world.  As each quest completes, the game world changes! You are rewarded for your individual contributions.
-Enchanted items now exist in-game.
-A unique rolling system that makes it possible for any given drop, off any given creature, to result in an item that exceeds your currently equipped gear.

The community is rather tight-knit, and always happy to help new players.  Simply ask whatever questions you may have (Press Enter to chat).  Gameplay tends to be busiest at night.  Hope to see many of you soon!

-Jamie Russell
in-game, Skarr or Chainsaw
russeljc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 02:40:34 PM »

One detail I probably should have added:

The game is fun to play alone, but like all MMOs, it is best enjoyed with 1 or more other people you know.  I'd highly suggest trying it out with 2-4 friends, all starting a character at the same time.  This allows you to take on tougher enemies, and when loot drops that doesn't benefit you, it will still likely help someone else.  And most of all - it's fun to try to one-up your friends, whether it is on the Most Experienced Leaderboard, Most Wealthy, or perhaps even the Most Reckless!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic