Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:47:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsCassette 50 and Don't Buy This (let's Remake This)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cassette 50 and Don't Buy This (let's Remake This)  (Read 4283 times)
htimreimer
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2011, 10:31:55 PM »

We Got Action 52 And The UK Gets Cassette 50 and Don't Buy This: Five of the Worst Games Ever,So Why Not Remake This.

The Only Thing Good About Cassette 50 is That it Came With a Timex Digital Calculator Watch.

Don't Buy This Was a Joke Yes a Joke From Firebird for the ZX Spectrum.

So Let's Do This

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassette_50
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Buy_This
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:44:26 PM »

I was thinking one time to start making remakes of old (spectrum) games and bad ones like you pointed at. But if you want to make remake you have to play and even end them first and that could be quite troublesome Smiley

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 01:23:25 PM »

I'm so glad I've been introduced to Don't But This.  That cover is so amazing.  I wish I'd had it for my speccy!

Silhouette
Level 0

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 10:59:08 AM »

Why is noone showing any interest in this?  I, for one, would be quite interested.  The Action 52 remakes were, in my opinion, a huge success.  Bringing together both inexperienced and experienced indie game developers, and allowing a vast array of different styles to all come together into one project.  It promotes diversity in style, and encourages teamwork/collaboration.  A Cassette 50 remake should be very fun indeed.  I've checked out a few of the games via youtube videos.  To be honest, many of the games seem quite simple, and bland, but that doesn't mean an imaginative spin wouldn't result in something fun.  Come on people, let's do this thing!

<sig>Insert Generic Signature Here</sig>
torahhorse
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 01:31:58 PM »

'don't buy this' is truly inspired. i would like to see some interpretations of 'fruit machine'

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 03:22:31 PM »

Now that I think of it, I think we had Cassette 50 in our collection... 

I'd be interested in doing something Speccy-themed, if there were enough takers.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 01:42:35 AM »

Wow, I just bought an original ZX Spectrum, and you'll never guess which games came packaged... Yep, I am the proud owner of CASSETTE 50 (for the second time in my life haha.)  Now I just need Don't Buy This.

ezuk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 10:37:08 AM »

Here's an article on Don't Buy This from Hardcore Gaming 101.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/kusoge/kusoge4.htm#dontbuythis

I was a little disappointed that Fruit Machine was just a slot machine.  But the Fido with laser eyes was . . . interesting.

Does anyone know where to learn more about Cassette 50?

"All styles are good except for the tiresome kind." - Voltaire
QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 03:04:17 PM »

This is a good idea, but all I can really find for these games are titles, which makes them difficult to remake.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 01:58:47 PM »

If anybody's doing the Cassette 50, then they better have the tape effects down pat.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic