Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:23:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Doodles Thread
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92
Print
Author Topic: Doodles Thread  (Read 324924 times)
Steven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1800 on: June 05, 2016, 12:10:21 PM »

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: June 05, 2016, 10:16:25 PM »

that feeling when you haven't used your tablet in a lifetime
miguli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: June 23, 2016, 10:28:02 AM »

Some stuff of some kind Captain Space Superhero and Space assassin

I hope I did not take too much of page size Shrug
Canned Turkey
« Reply #1803 on: July 08, 2016, 10:29:19 AM »

Posted this in art, but seeing as how ya'll are so good at "doodling" apparently this only counts as a doodle .-.
I'm pretty rusty, I need to physically draw more often.

Steven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: July 08, 2016, 01:38:43 PM »

posing practise. All poses are traced/referenced and come from David Bowie with further influence from Manddy Wyckens.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:56:01 PM by Steven » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: July 08, 2016, 04:34:52 PM »

Trying to find a pose for an important character whipping. I have find the correct way to push it. But I have two condictory goal
- the character must be firmly planted and stable to show stature
- the whipping must still feel kinectic and at an extrem, also not like it's an anticipation nor ending on a weak floating pose, it must feel like the strike was fierce

it's too stiff I'm not there yet

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: July 08, 2016, 04:41:33 PM »

Look up castlevania concept art?

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: July 08, 2016, 07:49:24 PM »

Of course, I google first for reference, still not quite what I want, the prepare to it not having it, and it generally lack the intensity I want.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: July 08, 2016, 08:48:53 PM »

Anyway I think I found the base pose to work with, it' give me a next extreme pose with a tense body, I get the nice curve with the whip pose as a tangent for composition and I have the visage clear and the overall pose still convey stability. I need to work a bit more to convey the kinetic and the impact, and maybe more refinement on the arms poses. BUT I need to retrain my anatomy it's fucked up Sad I totally forgot how to draw hand it's embarrassing  Tired

mankoon
Level 4

And that is how you get to Llama School.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1809 on: July 09, 2016, 09:22:30 AM »

You don't need to know how to draw hands. Once you have your position figure out the type of hand you need to draw, then draw that one perfectly. I used to do that silly conceptart.org type training where I woke up early in the morning and drew hands for like an hour. I think it's a waste of time now. A lot of those people study for life but never draw a full illustration. When you get the position you like, draw the best hand for it.

That was a tangent so, my bad. I just tried to look up some whip reference. That was quite hard. Google doesn't understand what I want right now.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: July 09, 2016, 10:26:40 AM »

I just tried to look up some whip reference. That was quite hard. Google doesn't understand what I want right now.

Google image has become worse over time, surely copyright constrain. But action pose + whip or whip reference do it for me.

GoldWolfPine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: July 09, 2016, 05:55:29 PM »

**First Post to TIG forum**
Ive recently wanted to formally start developing my drawing ability after having spent alit of time following various classic animators careers and the general discipline of Golden Age animation.

As a kid, I was always doodling cartoons - its become the foundation of my interest in the visual medium. I also spent alot of time, no surprise, playing videos games - and so often the things I mimic'd were things like Sonic the Hedgehog (complete with og deviantart original character binges and everything!).

So naturally video games are a natural fit for visual art, in my mind. Ive been thinking about cartooning principles as it pertains to gameplay, and its an exciting aspect Id like to explore. And seeing the many talented artists on this forum about video games, I decided maybe I would share some doodles Ive made recently that Im rather proud of and maybe get some feedback on where I sit - or maybe a discussion about cartooning in video games in general.

I also really didnt have any idea how a first post should sound, so I apologize if this is rather... obtuse. Lels. Shocked

Anyway:

It was spur of the moment to share these, and Im not near my scanner - but if people would prefer, I could edit this with scanned versions.

Blue constructed drawings (scribbled in to reduce the amount of noise the construction lines create)

All feedback welcome. :3
Shirsh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: July 10, 2016, 04:30:36 AM »

I love those, have similiar story, doodling cartoons since childhood etc.
So in the end after decade of doing different things on different jobs I just aquire books about animation like "The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams, and started trying it. Unfortunately it happened quite late, but finally have a feelings of "right thing to do in life". I mean, just go for it, try, flash or pixel animation, it's a damn huge pleasure to finally see your pictures moving, after years of doodling single static moments, it's like dream that was sleeping in doodles become alive.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 04:37:46 AM by Shirsh » Logged

GoldWolfPine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: July 10, 2016, 05:14:07 PM »

I love those, have similiar story, doodling cartoons since childhood etc.
So in the end after decade of doing different things on different jobs I just aquire books about animation like "The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams, and started trying it. Unfortunately it happened quite late, but finally have a feelings of "right thing to do in life". I mean, just go for it, try, flash or pixel animation, it's a damn huge pleasure to finally see your pictures moving, after years of doodling single static moments, it's like dream that was sleeping in doodles become alive.

I spent alot of time messing with flash and digital drawing quite a few years back, rolling on Newgrounds spam crews and all that.

I have a hard time working with pen tablets - I struggle with the disconnect of seeing where my pen swipes are going. I feel I wouldnt be able to really try and make anything using pen tablets unless I got one of those fancy surface tablets for that 1:1 hand movement. And to be honest, theres also a charm to ink drawings, I feel - and games like Cuphead have shown that the basic scanning process can still come out looking good.
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: July 16, 2016, 11:25:31 AM »

[img]
that feeling when you haven't used your tablet in a lifetime

I like how you draw your things

Thanks man!
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: August 19, 2016, 05:28:55 PM »

An MS Paint doodle I slapped some effects on in PS. Was mostly just quickly churning out ideas for the general feel (colors, tone, etc.) of the city setting in my game, but I thought this one looked interesting.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: August 19, 2016, 05:39:02 PM »

can make alt interpretation of metroid (not samus)?

Lee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: August 20, 2016, 05:50:39 PM »

Getting some doodles out there
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: September 21, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »

Wow this thread had not been updated in a month.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: September 23, 2016, 03:41:11 PM »

It's time to do-do-do-doodle!

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic