Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:10:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Versus Competition: Rules
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Author Topic: Versus Competition: Rules  (Read 140448 times)
Kazerad
Level 1

Should really make more games.

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2011, 06:21:27 PM »

If we did have it, it should be in a few weeks when everyone has cooled off from this one.
Makes sense to me to have a coop compo after a versus one!
It might be kind of neat if it was a mini-compo of sorts, where people are allowed and encouraged to modify their Versus entries into Coop ones.

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2011, 06:23:35 PM »

Heh, that WOULD be a neat idea.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2011, 07:28:27 PM »

When does the voting period start?
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 01, 2011, 10:59:13 PM »

That's probably up to Derek, as he's going to assemble the entries and all that jazz.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
renkin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 02, 2011, 11:18:31 AM »

It might be kind of neat if it was a mini-compo of sorts, where people are allowed and encouraged to modify their Versus entries into Coop ones.

That would be really awesome, because the idea for our entry was actually derived from an eralier, more complex idea for a co-op game we still want to make.

And a question about the rules: Am I allowed to update the game now, post deadline? More specifically, I'd like to upload a Mac version with the same content, but with some tweaks to controls and sound to make it work better on Macs.

Versus entry: Battle Mode
kavs
Level 2

Brad Kavanagh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: March 02, 2011, 11:32:25 AM »

Throwing in my support for a co-operative compo. Smiley

Feels really natural to transition into this quickly after a versus one. I have a few ideas for a co-operative one, but could also convert mine to co-op quite easily too. Smiley

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2011, 11:55:11 AM »

And a question about the rules: Am I allowed to update the game now, post deadline? More specifically, I'd like to upload a Mac version with the same content, but with some tweaks to controls and sound to make it work better on Macs.

I don't see any problem with that.

FinalSin
Level 1

Too bad they lose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2011, 03:45:19 PM »

Feels really natural to transition into this quickly after a versus one. I have a few ideas for a co-operative one, but could also convert mine to co-op quite easily too. Smiley

Yeah. We probably need a month's breather, though?

Games By ANGELINA - Games designed by artificial intelligence!
Cut Garnet Games - Games designed by me!
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2011, 04:03:13 PM »

Yeah the update thingie bugs me too, but i'll just cheat my way through that i guess Tongue maintaining two servers for two clients is really not an option. Also, I will add some random bugs when fixing the others, so I guess it's pretty fair.

Fluff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2011, 05:37:24 PM »

I threw all the entries on one (quick and dirty) page:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19403257/web/Versus%20Entries.html

There are 81 by my count.

62 have windows standalones which, all downloaded, come to about 503MB (still in their uninstalled/zipped state). Although Low Bitrate Fighters accounts for 127 of that, due to having video.

19 are online.

This will take some time to digest!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:40:41 PM by Fluff » Logged
kavs
Level 2

Brad Kavanagh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2011, 05:57:54 PM »

Yeah. We probably need a month's breather, though?

Ah, but of course! I should be focusing on finals anyway. Wink

I just don't want to go another 6 months without another compo. I had a lot of fun with this one and if we did a co-operative compo within the next few months, it would feel pretty natural.

mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: March 03, 2011, 08:03:45 PM »

I threw all the entries on one (quick and dirty) page:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19403257/Versus%20Entries.html

There are 81 by my count.

62 have windows standalones which, all downloaded, come to about 503MB (still in their uninstalled/zipped state). Although Low Bitrate Fighters accounts for 127 of that, due to having video.

19 are online.

This will take some time to digest!
Maybe we should make a torrent or something. Though we'd probably have to get consent from all 81 people to do so

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: March 03, 2011, 08:32:58 PM »

I would love a single download with all the games (or links for flash) in one package.

I believe one of the previous compos had this, so it's shouldn't be a problem.
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 03, 2011, 08:37:20 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

Just make a torrent, you don't need permission from everybody.  Just the other day I downloaded some of the games from the AGBIC competition from their torrent.  I didn't think people were still seeding that, but there it was.

-PENCERKOFF

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 03, 2011, 09:23:07 PM »

A torrent could be a good idea, but it's probably best to wait until voting starts.

MedO
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 05, 2011, 02:00:50 AM »

I have started collecting the games to prepare a big download, but it will take a while because I'm only doing this when I take a break from working on something else. It will include the Windows version of everything, plus a link to a browser versions if present, and a link to the forum threads.

I will put it up for download once the voting starts, so I can make sure that it contains all relevant entries.
ortoslon
« Reply #236 on: March 05, 2011, 06:15:56 PM »

true to the theme, the winner of the compo could be determined in an elimination tournament, one day per round of voting
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 05, 2011, 06:56:07 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

true to the theme, the winner of the compo could be determined in an elimination tournament, one day per round of voting

If we had one big round of voting, we could narrow it down to 4 entries and have a mini-tournament.  It should get more people interested because 4 games are less intimidating to play through, and you know they are at least somewhat good.

-PENCERKOFF

MedO
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2011, 12:52:32 PM »

Everything from the Finished Entries thread is now in my big Versus folder, but there are some entries like nulShade which are missing there. Since I don't really fancy digging through the entire board to find all the missing pieces, I guess I'll have to wait for an "official" list of entrants.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2011, 08:22:52 PM »

Anything that's not in the finished entries thread won't be on the on the official webpage, although the rules say making a thread is all you need to enter.

Also, do you plan on a zip (or rar) folder, or a torrent?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic