Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:34:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Vergessen [not currently being worked on anymore]
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Print
Author Topic: Vergessen [not currently being worked on anymore]  (Read 106538 times)
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 27, 2011, 12:03:59 AM »

Played a bit of the developer build today. Oh boy... it's goooood.
MY PATIENCE IS AT ITS LIMIT
ink.inc
« Reply #361 on: February 27, 2011, 03:12:01 AM »

Thank god for break statements
ink.inc
« Reply #362 on: February 27, 2011, 08:45:06 AM »

Game is almost complete... but I'm going to take a little nap first... expect the game later tonight.  Tired
Conker534
« Reply #363 on: February 27, 2011, 03:28:45 PM »

YAYAYAYAYAY
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 27, 2011, 05:40:44 PM »

Almost time? Crazy
Rooky
Level 0

Prince of London

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 27, 2011, 06:03:06 PM »

Watch, he's going to oversleep the deadline for the competition.  Wink

ink.inc
« Reply #366 on: February 27, 2011, 06:20:21 PM »

I'll be working on it till the very last minute. Things are doing pretty swell; only one or two more things I need to do. Smiley (the credits and main menu), and a couple of things I want to touch up (some art assets, known bugs, in-game help file, etc.).  Tears of Joy

Just to remind you guys, I've had to cut quite a bit in order to make the deadline (the massive world, injury and weather systems, etc.), but all of that will be added upon even after the compo ends. I plan to keep working on this for a little while... it's a huge amount of fun to develop it.
ink.inc
« Reply #367 on: February 27, 2011, 11:21:27 PM »

Well, fuck. There's been a huge issue with the AI director... a damn Heisenbug that just presented itself to me. The game absolutely refuses to start up while the AI director is implemented. I think the issue is with creature placement... I wrote some very hackish code to ensure that creatures don't spawn within the inside of rocks... I think that's probably the issue, but I'm not entirely sure. You can notice that it works whenever you spawn sheep; the sheep spawn directly on top of the floor tiles; not inside it, or spawned in the air (like the walkers do), but for whatever reason, something is preventing me from implementing it throughout the game, and for the life of me I can't figure it out.

This is not an issue that I will be able to fix within the next hour and a half. However, the gameplay WILL be finished by next weekend, at all costs. I just need some time to work this one issue out.

Sorry for letting you folks down.

However, not all is a complete loss. Here is the latest testing build, with the majority of the game's features and assets accessible to the player. In it, players are able to explore the world, kill monsters, use various items and weaponry, kill each other, farm, construct defenses, hunt, delve into the earth, and listen to Artem's amazing soundtrack. Consider it a sort of a sandbox as opposed to an actual game, but I'd like any feedback or ideas you can give me.

Seeing as how an essential piece of the game is unfinished, I will not be entering it into the competition running. However, I feel that the game has too much potential to even think of dropping it.

I need to get some sleep.

(NOTE: You will not be able to kill each other with guns until you purchase the 'weapon hack' upgrade.)

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE ALPHA BUILD:

http://www.host-a.net/u/jtsandoval/vergessen test build.zip
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:30:58 PM by John Sandoval » Logged
charlestheoaf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: February 27, 2011, 11:39:38 PM »

That's too bad! I was really looking forward to this game. I'll check out the dev build, and hope to see the final version soon man!

Animal Phase (twitter) | Local TIGSource: Crevice Climbers | Past: Puny Human
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: February 27, 2011, 11:40:06 PM »

Sad Sad Sad Good luck!! This is definitely the most interesting thing I've seen come out of this compo.

I think you should submit the alpha build anyway. You could maybe even put "alpha" in the name of your contest submission. It's not like everything that goes into these things is a finished product.

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 27, 2011, 11:44:22 PM »

Tried the alpha.  I have to say, while I'm still getting used to some things, this is a pretty awesome experience so far.  I take it the seeds and drill are supposed to be used together?
DrOctapu
Level 0

Brutally modest.

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 28, 2011, 02:32:02 PM »

Sad Sad Sad Good luck!! This is definitely the most interesting thing I've seen come out of this compo.

I think you should submit the alpha build anyway. You could maybe even put "alpha" in the name of your contest submission. It's not like everything that goes into these things is a finished product.
Yeah, definitely put it out there for the compo's end. I'd hate to see you not get recognized for what you do have.

Add me on...
 Desura | Steam
ink.inc
« Reply #372 on: February 28, 2011, 03:09:51 PM »

Tried the alpha.  I have to say, while I'm still getting used to some things, this is a pretty awesome experience so far.  I take it the seeds and drill are supposed to be used together?

The seeds are to be placed in the brown dirt patches you find around your ship. The drill was mainly to find hidden items. Actually, I might just cut the drill out altogether; it doesn't allow for nearly as many practical gameplay possibilities as I thought it would.

If I may ask, what did you have difficulties with? Was it the user interface (inventory/upgrade menus, etc.)?
Conker534
« Reply #373 on: February 28, 2011, 03:36:33 PM »

I just wanted to say me and my friend REALLY enjoyed what you gave us.
shojin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: February 28, 2011, 04:43:06 PM »

Sometimes I contribute more than sounds.

WHAT NOW?! UH.

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: February 28, 2011, 05:55:15 PM »

The seeds are to be placed in the brown dirt patches you find around your ship. The drill was mainly to find hidden items. Actually, I might just cut the drill out altogether; it doesn't allow for nearly as many practical gameplay possibilities as I thought it would.

If I may ask, what did you have difficulties with? Was it the user interface (inventory/upgrade menus, etc.)?

It took me a while to figure out what exactly "The Construct" was until I looked in my ship's storage container.  Also, the inventory system seems a little bit cluttered.  I think it seems pretty useless to have empty ammunition packets lying around, and it's a hassle when I'm trying to pick up a new one to have to drop my empty pack to make room for the new pack.  I'd really like the empty ammo packs to just be destroyed automatically.

There were also some collision issues when I was shooting those enemies on the left half of the map, and the AI really doesn't quite seem aggressive enough (but this is probably no doubt because of the issue with the AI Director).

Other than those things, though, I loved it!  The interface was sleek, the graphics looked great, music was fantastic, and the skill tree was very intuitive.  Just one question though: Do things like rations and meat stack, or do they each take up one inventory slot?
ink.inc
« Reply #376 on: February 28, 2011, 06:06:46 PM »

You can have a maximum of two rations in one slot, and I think four pieces of meat in one slot.

I'll add the ammunition thing to the bucket list Smiley

Things I did today:

1. implement sfx
2. got part of the ai director up and running
3. Fix a few bugs that shojin pointed out to me

Will continue work on this through the night. Smiley
mike_st
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 01, 2011, 01:01:39 AM »

This is really impressive work so far Hand Thumbs Up Left

I understand this is Alpha build so there simply has to be a lot of bugs and unfinished stuff, but what I found particularly annoying was the fact that I had to unequip the item I was using to equip another one, while it should unequip autommatically when the other item is equipped.

Still It was fun to play.
ink.inc
« Reply #378 on: March 01, 2011, 10:50:54 AM »

Thanks for pointing that out to me! I'll definitely have to fix that. Smiley
berareu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 01, 2011, 11:39:38 AM »

Just tried the alpha, damn it's awesome!  Kiss I'm sorry that you couldn't make it in time Sad
I noticed a little graphical bug, it's nothing major though. If you continue to walk while colliding with a solid object (in short, walking but not moving forward) the mountains in the background still move in the direction you're walking to! Just wanted to point that out! Smiley
Keep up the good work!  Beer!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic