Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 10:40:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Cloak and Swagger
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cloak and Swagger  (Read 5242 times)
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:03:26 PM »

A god damned STYLISH multiplayer spy game. The mechanics of Ninja Convention, ie not knowing who the other players are in a crowd of NPCs is something I really like and want to build upon.

So fuck, let's see:
  • Made in Flashpunk (Chevy expect streams of Player.IO questions from me)
  • Online (it better damn well be online)
  • Featuring art by me (bullet points are usually good things, maybe I should remove this one)
  • Music by James Last, every song he has ever made is made for spies, prove me wrong. (Quentin Tarantino agrees, do you not like Quentin Tarantino?)

There's my fucking game, hope I fucking manage to fucking finish it.

Progress

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:41:37 PM by Carrie Nation » Logged
knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 12:04:46 PM »

Good luck to you sir I'll be looking forward to playing it.
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 12:09:20 PM »

Dude that is a classy idea.
ChevyRay
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:11:44 PM »

Holy shit wtf that's VERY similar to the idea me and my artist were talking about Shocked

Sad goddamnit

EDIT: BAH i still think I'll do our idea, since it's quite different anyways! Just similar in core premise Cheesy
ChevyRay
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 12:18:32 PM »

UNLESSSS... we wanted to join together and combine our efforts!? I've already got 3 talented Flash artists in queue (EDIT: oh, you are an artist) and I'm familiar with networking + Player.IO if you're interested Smiley

If you'd rather just do this one your own though that's cool! Since our games might actually be quite different despite sounding similar.
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »

Chevy I am not worthy to work with you, I'm pretty much going to try to make this as a learning project for Flash as I've only ever made little engines in Flashpunk so far.

Also I feel like our games would actually be really different after seeing your mockup.

So yeah, good luck, wish I COULD team up with y'all, maybe next competition when I suck a bit less at making games.

ChevyRay
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 12:35:02 PM »

Awesome! Good luck!

You are more than worthy of working with me Tongue I'm just a dude who made an engine, not even a noteworthy game designer. But best of luck, and feel free to hit me up via email, skype, or PM if you need help with any of the code and stuff.

Peace

EDIT: btw I love the game name! Keep it <3
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 12:59:54 PM by ChevyRay » Logged
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 01:22:10 PM »

This is the friendliest competition ever.

Great game idea, work hard!

Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 10:39:53 PM »

End of Day 1 progress:
Well Day 1 lasted about 1 and a half hours as I need some sleep now, basically fucked around with Player.IO stuff trying to get it to mesh with some of my older projects. Also watched Kill Bill in order to get in the mindset needed to undertake this project.

More things to do in order to get in the mindset needed to undertake this project:
  • Play Gravity Bone
  • Watch the other Kill Bill
  • Commit real heist

Had some thoughts about online game design:

Thoughts about online game design:
  • Latency doesn't really matter if you don't have direct player to player combat
  • My game will not have direct player to player combat
  • Drinking coffee before bed gives me headaches

END DAY ONE
Toeofdoom
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 10:47:49 PM »

I see you did not take long to commit that heist, smooth. Ninja

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 11:00:08 AM »

I do like Quentin Tarantino.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 05:07:47 PM »

These crowd-assassin games seem to be popular! I have a feeling yours will be unique, somehow. Best of luck.
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 05:30:21 PM »

These crowd-assassin games seem to be popular! I have a feeling yours will be unique, somehow. Best of luck.
Idea of mine is more to take gravity bone, make it not 3d, and then turn that sort of spy-themed yet bizarre objective based gameplay into a multiplayer thing, where each player is given a different, sometimes conflicting  and always insane task to complete.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »

Idea of mine is more to take gravity bone, make it not 3d, and then turn that sort of spy-themed yet bizarre objective based gameplay into a multiplayer thing, where each player is given a different, sometimes conflicting  and always insane task to complete.

I always love a good bit of insanity in my games. Bravo to you, sir. I expect awesomely insane graphics to follow suit.  Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic