Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:46:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Masjin [1.9b]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [1.9b]  (Read 118234 times)
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: February 24, 2011, 03:27:37 PM »

Okay! I today tried to get the winning in, it's so late that I think I'll save the release for tomorrow. After that I'll tidy up the menus and make that the final version. I'll try to have the energy to tackle the real problems and missing features hiding in the game, when the compo is over.

mike_st
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 24, 2011, 05:20:38 PM »

Seriously, this game is really good and fun to play. Don't give up just like that.
Look at how much you have already accomplished instead Smiley
fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 24, 2011, 06:37:09 PM »

Just wanted to chime in and say I really enjoyed the time I spent playing this game, and I hope you keep working on it. It would be a shame to let such a great start go to waste.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: February 25, 2011, 02:18:16 AM »

Seriously, this game is really good and fun to play. Don't give up just like that.
Look at how much you have already accomplished instead Smiley

The problem is, once you don't feel like working on something, it doesn't really help that you know that you've done a lot. Especially when what you've done already is full o' bugs and would need some extreme rehauling to work.

Anywaaay, the update is here! I made the game logo a bit neater, and added winning. There's a slight chance that this'll slow certain people down for reasons unknown to me (the last round-winning version did), so report to me. Especially Sandoval had problems, so I'd like to hear from him.

Currently there's an underground room in the middle of the playfield, and both teams try to hold the area for 180 seconds. The time held accumulates, so don't worry, the game will end eventually. The reason for the placement of the control area is because I wanted to have the need to use diggers. I can move it about easily, though, if this seems like a bad choice.

If all goes right, I'll get some musicry and sound effectry today from BurnZeZ; I'm interested to see/hear how the game works with them.

VERSION 1.57 GET!

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: February 25, 2011, 11:43:42 AM »

I tested it out with two windows open.
The numbers seem to desinc by 1, although that's probably just lag. However, because of it, you can't lose, because the other player wins and leaves the server, and your 1 doesn't count down to zero, so you stay.
Also, at one point the red teams points randomly changed from 180 to 20.

And when you join, the points are set to full for you, as opposed to what they actually were.
Filth
« Reply #305 on: February 25, 2011, 12:35:58 PM »

The control point needs to be larger, the current one's too easy to defend.
It could look like the bases the teams have or something.
The chat is currently filled with the control point messages. What if the controlling team's score would light up instead?

And yeah, the points don't really seem to work like they should.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:20:56 PM by Filth » Logged
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: February 25, 2011, 01:34:12 PM »

I'd say have the host calculate the scores and have everyone else just get them from him. the scores would lag behind by a second, but they wouldn't desync.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: February 26, 2011, 12:18:28 AM »

Ah right, I was sure I forgot something. Working on thoe today if I can.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2011, 06:51:52 AM »

Ok, due to my illness, I really haven't been able to work on this. I'll fix the worst bugs with the control point and so on, but I'm afraid most of the more detailed stuff will be left out.

Also I'm not sure if I can get any audio whatsoever into the game. This bothers me Sad
EDIT: Ok, going to use placeholder SFXR sounds until I get to know whether the person who were doing the audio for me has finished his job.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:03:39 AM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: February 27, 2011, 08:19:11 AM »

Triple post, my apologies.

Anyway, I think I fixed the timer. Also, I added some really awful SFXR sound effects as placeholders until I get proper sounds. Luckily, if you're annoyed by them, you can turn them off in the main menu.

I'm afraid I'll have to call this the competition version. I'll tidy things up a lot after the compo for sure, but currently I'm too sick/tired to do much. Sorry again again. SadSad

VERSION 1.57b GET!

Ozoh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 27, 2011, 10:13:53 AM »

Don't worry, this is pure awesomeness even it's unfinished.  Smiley

Chris P. Bacon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: March 04, 2011, 09:18:49 PM »

Been playing this and getting people to play with me.  This is definitely getting a vote from me.  I'd like to see you expand it too :D

shojin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: March 05, 2011, 09:46:15 AM »

Hey Hempuli... I might have an idea for some music if you're still interested. More on Monday when I can render the track at school.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: March 06, 2011, 01:12:52 PM »

Great! It'd be good to get a bit of sound going to the game.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: March 15, 2011, 05:50:02 AM »

I assume I ought to organize some rounds in order to allow people to experience all of the gameplay. Would anyone be interested in some fun gaming fun tomorrow? My timezone is GMT +2, so arranging anything is kind of difficult, but from what I've seen most people are available when it's evening for me (something like 7 PM GMT). Say something here if you're interested, please!

And yeah, shojin is doing some great music and I'll start looking after those sound effects tomorrow - my exams will be over then for the most part.

gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: March 15, 2011, 06:43:53 AM »

I'd be interested in this.

Petri Purho
DrOctapu
Level 0

Brutally modest.

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 15, 2011, 03:10:55 PM »

I'll play a bit if I can.

Add me on...
 Desura | Steam
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: March 16, 2011, 10:52:51 AM »

Forget what I said, we're having a game now!! Do come in!

EDIT: We had great two rounds. Lots of bugs and lag for some, though. OHH WELL. Sorry Gummikana, I hoped you'd have been around at the right time. Sad I'll try to arrange more games in the future (while hopefully fixing some of the bugs, derp-a-herp).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 12:11:11 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 20, 2011, 03:16:39 AM »

Holy schmuck, this looks good!
It's like the bastard child of Anamaton and Gang Garrison.

Downloading now!

...And hoping for an offline splitscreen mode in the future Beg
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: March 20, 2011, 12:05:21 PM »

The game isn't as good 1v1 though.

(Online splitscreen?)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic