Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 09:07:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Masjin [1.9b]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [1.9b]  (Read 118236 times)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2011, 02:54:39 PM »

Glitches are the best.

Mokesmoe WAS the plane. Seeing a plane hop around is hilarious.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2011, 03:00:58 PM »

I may have been a plane, but you were an DRILL PLANE!

Also I had some texture smearing, but it's a big picture so just a link:
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2507/smear.png

Also also: WORD WRAPPING!
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2011, 05:25:38 PM »

Forever alone.
ink.inc
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2011, 05:39:16 PM »

Just played with oddball. Fun.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2011, 05:42:36 PM »

Yeah. This was great fun until my internet went down again. I liked throwing the bombs, very satisfying. Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2011, 05:59:17 PM »

You should make engineers spawn bombs until you have an actual way of making them, because they run out pretty quickly.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2011, 06:24:05 PM »

Lovely game with John Sandoval, mokesmoe and some guy whose nickname was "lol"
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2011, 06:27:41 PM »

lol lagged for like a minute while in a digger, then had the vehicle-man glitch on and ran through some pathways that weren't there. (I presume he dug them while lagging.)
Paul McCrawfish
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2011, 11:24:30 PM »

This is looking pretty fantastic. Crying shame it moves so slowly on my computer.  Sad
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2011, 02:37:51 AM »

Yeah, I fear that the game is quite memory-heavy! Especially the computer of the game hoster matters a lot. Slower computer equals to more packets lost, which in turn equals to weird bugs everywhere. I'm sorry, MMF 2 isn't the best tool for optimization!

Today, I shall add lots of smaller things, like a proper ceiling, bugfixes and hopefully WORD WRAPPING and coloured nicknames. Then I have planned some bigger additions:

• Ores to mine
  • Cannons
  • A machine that creates stuff (currently only bombs) using the ores

Ozoh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2011, 11:13:42 AM »

Is it possible to change class? ._.

nylos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »

Is it possible to change class? ._.
Not jet but soon - right now you have to reconnect for that.
Dimikosta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »

Hey, I was the "lol" guy you were talking about. Anyway I was playing around by myself and the game created a pretty odd map. There was a huge mountain spawned right in front of Red's base. I imagine in a real game Blue would have a pretty easy time invading Red's Base.

To save post space I'm just linking to the other screen caps.

http://i.imgur.com/uj3r2.jpg

This is coming from Blue's side.
http://i.imgur.com/omwiM.jpg
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2011, 01:35:30 PM »

Update!!!
Bugfixes/changes:
  • The machines shouldn't bug anymore when you disconnect
  • When you die, you drop your items
  • Beams are now orange to avoid misunderstandings
  • Diggers have jetpacks instead of jumping, makes them a lot more useful
  • Diggers can hurt enemies
  • The ceiling of the game area is now closed to avoid bugs
  • There're a few more means to ensure that a player gets all the necessary data. This still probably wont work 100%
  • Maximum of 10 players set on every game (sorry, but I think 5v5 is big enough. I'll maybe make it 12 or even 14, in case we get enough players and/or the 5v5 games are stable enough

Additions:
  • There's now blue ore to dig!
  • You have neat kill/death counters in the HUD
  • Hitting a player now has a better effect
  • The nicknames of the characters are coloured to represent their team!
  • There's now a neat little menu in the bottom-right corner for class changing and disconnection!
  • Changed the chatbox from bottom to top in order to add word wrapping; it isn't in yet, though, and the new chatbox is too confusing I'm afraid
  • Both teams have a bomb-making machine. Each bomb costs 100 ore

I fear that this build may be the most unstable this far, since now that you can fabricate bombs there'll be a lot of instance destruction/creation everywhere, which are pretty easy to be messed up! Hopefully I'm wrong, though. Keep your attention at the small numbers in the bottom-right corner; they're there for testing purposes and if two players have mismatching values, something is SCREEWEEED UP! Report this to me, please Smiley

NEWEST VERSION GET!
(I need to start adding version numbers, huh Undecided)

knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2011, 03:15:58 PM »

That was fun! The diggers are pretty great. I think my favorite class was the soldier.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2011, 03:21:32 PM »

Updated to version 1.4 (random number) just to indicate that I (hopefully) fixed some bugs!
Apparently the "stunning" visuals of the game hurt the FPS a lot for some people, so I added Direct3D support. Hopefully that'll help, if only a bit.

Known bugs:
  • Terrain destruction caused by bombs isn't sometimes updated for all players, thus leading in wallswimming and airwalking.
  • BurnZeZ has curiously 6 more objects in his game than everyone else! Why's that I wonder.
  • Diggers still hurt people even when they're not running; this is pretty annoying.

I think I'll need to make a better way to send the bomb explosion areas around, and also try to find out what object is appearing wrongly for players (they're the bombs, I know it, but why? WHY?Huh?)

I'm getting quite tired of all these bugs, but luckily what keeps me going is devising new stuff. Tomorrow I shall fix More Bugs and make the scientists to be able to heal! Also maybe cannons and jetpacks.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:11:16 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »

Some thoughts.

Since you are going for a more resource-gathering/research type deal, I don't think that players shouldn't start out with any sort of gun, or maybe a very primitive/limited gun. The map also should be much longer something that would take maybe 5 minutes for a player to walk across unaided. This would give said gathering/research time to actually happen, and lead up to a climatic 'Who darest fire first?' type moment.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2011, 05:00:17 PM »

In my vision, I'll try to achieve the possibility to research by making the kills not be the important part of the game. I've explained the game mode I had intended earlier, and I think it would make longer and more research-based games possible even without large map sizes. And to be honest, at this point I want to keep the level as tight as possible for memory-saving reasons, too!

Edit Schmedit: Turned out the real culprit for the slowness is, who could guess, the network code. Yippee. I know quite much exactly what is causing it so much, but fixing it is an another matter entirely and I feel like I'll wait a bit and gather motivation before actually fixing it. Sorry everyone, I'm a wuss. Sad
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:32:47 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

Maikel_Ortega
Level 1

...and the stars, my destination.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2011, 04:37:15 AM »

Edit Schmedit: Turned out the real culprit for the slowness is, who could guess, the network code. Yippee. I know quite much exactly what is causing it so much, but fixing it is an another matter entirely and I feel like I'll wait a bit and gather motivation before actually fixing it. Sorry everyone, I'm a wuss. Sad
Beg May or prays for awesome games motivate you? Beg

Keep on the hard work! You can do it!  Gentleman

Melee Studios:http://melee-studios.com<br />Forever WIP (ESP devlog): http://maikel.londite.es/devlog/
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2011, 06:30:12 AM »

Don't worry, adding new stuff will keep me interested; it's just that about 70% of the players will get serious slowdown with the current code and that's just no good! Also causes packet loss, I'm sure.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic