Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:28:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Versus Insersus [Working title]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Versus Insersus [Working title]  (Read 2115 times)
pakoito
Level 0

Raging dev

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2011, 05:17:19 PM »

The idea is something that's been around my head and my moleskine for a while and I'm gonna try to make at least a better working prototype. It's a 1v1 fight game with a cardgame twist.

Here's some initial prototype I made a bit ago in a couple of hours using MMF2 even though the framerate of the video is shit: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5625111/multimedia_fusion_2

Well It's my first time in one of this competitions and I've chosen Gamemaker to go the easy route. I've studied Informatics so I have got average knowledge of some languages and I hacked a J2ME TBS game a couple of years ago. I may use some help from 2D artist or someone with knowledges of Gamemaker to make the project run smoother.

EDIT: Anyway if you find me suitable for any of your groups and you have a realistic proposition I like, I'm in.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:48:50 PM by pakoito » Logged
pakoito
Level 0

Raging dev

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 05:37:01 PM »

About the game:

* Two players, "plataformer" fighting game.
* Health bars, coin counter winning 1 coin per sec.
* X card sockets each assigned to one key, every second if a socket is empty it fills with a new random card.
* Any player can play any card if he meets the coin cost and pays for it.
* Each card is a weapon or striker or whatever with its own damage, speed and path.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:47:36 PM by pakoito » Logged
David Pittman
Level 2

MAEK GAEM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 05:46:36 PM »

Neat idea, random cards would nudge players into trying different abilities instead of always sticking with just one or two moves they're comfortable with. There could be characters with their own particular decks and coin acquisition rates--lots of vectors to balance upon.

jwk5
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 04:59:17 AM »

Sounds pretty interesting! It seems like it'd call for the player to make a lot of adaptive decisions and develop a number of different strategies based on the possibility of certain card combinations popping up. It'll be interesting to see how these matches might unfold! Keep up the good work! Smiley
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »

Neat idea, random cards would nudge players into trying different abilities instead of always sticking with just one or two moves they're comfortable with. There could be characters with their own particular decks and coin acquisition rates--lots of vectors to balance upon.

I like this idea, of having different ways of altering the base rules and cards and such. Characters is definitely a good way to do that, but maybe you can have different 'styles' as well, like... I can't remember what game, I think it was a Marvel Vs. Capcom, or something? It had different ways of charging up gauges.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic