Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:44:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Fuck You!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fuck You!  (Read 3042 times)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: January 17, 2011, 07:16:32 PM »

Fuck You!
A Fuck Sewers!Combat Adventure

...coming soon...

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 07:18:24 PM »

For those of you unaware of what he's talking about (shame on you!):

here is the link to Fuck Sewers!
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:44:16 PM »

I eagerly await more info.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:03:09 PM »

planning planning. Trying to figure this shit out. Boardgames, gah.

Always wanted to make a boardgame, never did, will now.

Phrase that inspired game was "competitive board-game roguelike"

Will keep it simple, though. Don't want dice rolls for every action or silly stuff like that. Would like to keep events of chance to a minimum.

Plan at the moment is to have players battle towards each other from opposite sides of a dungeon, and when they finally meet they are each the final boss of the other.

In addition to natural, automatic events of the dungeon - traps, native life, stumbling upon the occasional goblin campsite or whatever - players will be able to get cards that they can play to mess with the opposition, like bribing a couple goons to ambush them, stealing items, or causing any nearby pipes to burst (the 'mean dump' card?) so that they can still affect one another before they actually meet for the fight. Also, cards to affect own character in positive ways, etc.

May also be a score, I think. Certain actions will give points, like killing enemies and finding treasures. Killing the other player yourself will always give super many points, though, but so will screwing with them, so there's incentive to make them as miserable as possible but also to hold off on killing them until you can do it yourself.

Ideas and suggestions are super welcome, please!

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 12:30:32 AM »

a couple mockups

doin' this all with the size of normal computer paper in mind, so the board itself is made of four 8.5x11 sheets and everything else should be to scale relative to each other in the latter mockup.

Also think I got a pretty good idea of the game I'm going for, now - wrote the general rules out and all, just gotta make the content, now.

Way it'll work is pretty much each player acts as a partial DM for the other, trying to screw them over while simultaneously trying not to be screwed over themselves. School starts tomorrow so I dunno how fast it'll go from here, but hopefully I'll be able to do a couple test runs over the weekend with my brother or something.

I'll probably have a censored version, too, if you wanna play with like, kids or whatever.

edit:

Quick one, before I head to class. This is a Materian, beings who are excellent matterfuckers but whose immaterial makeup tends to make wielding items difficult. On the plus side, they're a bit more resistant to physical attacks (with the downside of being themselves more susceptible to matterfuckery and temperature-changing forces like fire or ice).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:08:20 AM by Xion » Logged

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »

Looking really nice so far. Grin

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 03:08:54 PM »

I'm wondering if I'll be able to convince my teachers to let me do things for this for some of my projects...I'm only taking art classes, and it might be cool to have all the elements of the game be traditionally painted and sculpted - all the cards and tokens and character pieces and such.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 03:22:13 PM »

I love the subtly new look for those guys; a lot more 'magicky', with the varying colors, instead of 'smoky'.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 01:02:53 AM »

Thanks, homie.

here, are the rules I have drafted up so far.
Fuck You! Rules ver. 0.2

There's a bunch of shit I haven't figured out about the Grim Bastard, like how to figure out where to summon him to exactly, and I just pulled the numbers for his movement, requisite score for summoning, etc. out of my ass so that will all definitely probably change. Unless I got it right out of my ass the first time. Which I superfukken doubt.

feedback and suggestions, as always, very welcome.

The game's subtitle will be

DUNGEON VENDETTA

Which will also be the censored version's title.

I like subtitles, okay?

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 05:55:07 AM »

Don't censor, be violent!

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 08:43:24 PM »

I would, but I want to be able to play this with my fam'bly, and I dunno if my sis wants her kid learning these words from me. But I mean if she does I'd gladly oblige. But I doubt it.

Races and Classes

Probaby gonna add the other stuff at the bottom to the same url. Once I get some items, enemies, and cards figured out, I'll try testing it (and you can, too!?). Not too worried about environmentally interactive stuff. That's more like an 'if the rest of it works well' feature than a must-have. I do want explosive barrels, though.

Let me know if anything seems blatantly overpowered.

edit: added a few items to give the gist of how they'd work.

edit:
Ranged Actions
Beyond Fuckery, other actions can sometimes be ranged as well - the effects of certain weapons, mostly. All weapons have a 'range' rating: either 4, 3, 2, 1, or melee. Melee weapons, of course, can only attack the immediately surrounding tiles. Weapons with a range of 1 can attack any tile in your current room, and weapons with a range of 2 and beyond can affect any tile in your current room plus tiles aligned with your character (that is, on the same x or y axis) in rooms beyond, with 2 reaching to adjacent rooms, 3 reaching to one room beyond that, and four reaching up to three rooms outside the current one.

In addition to the 'range' rating, ranged weapons (and other ranged actions, whatever they should be if I add them) will have an accuracy rating, with higher numbers being better. When attacking outside of the current room, the player must roll a die, and if the result is higher than the accuracy rating of the weapon then the attack misses completely. So essentially the accuracy rating tells you the highest number you can roll to still land a hit. Ranged attacks within the same room, however, need no such roll unless explicitly stated.

Melee weapons have no range and so they have no accuracy rating, and ranged weapons treat adjacent spaces (even if you're at the edge of a room) as being part of the room you're in. So you will always be able to attack something that's right next to you.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:07:52 AM by Xion » Logged

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 06:10:22 AM »

What a ridiculously simple system. You seem to be making some mighty fine RPG systems in this board game, man!
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 03:55:06 PM »

thanks Smiley

sum bonedog concepts or whatever:

latter two done with suggestions from inanimate.

I also realized that the amount of information needed for items would exceed the amount of space I could fit on a thing that would fit in a square of the game board (image, name, type, effects, range and accuracy [if present], size, more!? in a tiny square!). So I'll just make the items be folded up pieces of paper. Which works nicely because I can design it in such a way that it looks like a treasure chest when you open it up.

also you guys are free to suggest items. In fact I implore it. I beg it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 04:11:56 PM by Xion » Logged

ChevyRay
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 04:18:14 PM »

I keep seeing this topic and getting Cee-Lo Green stuck in my head Epileptic

Good luck Xion! Sketches are really cool so far Smiley
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 07:38:04 PM »

Thanks, Chevs
I keep seeing this topic and getting Cee-Lo Green stuck in my head Epileptic
I don't mind that at all. Smiley

So at the suggestion of Bobo, and also the realization that I fucked my math up pretty badly, I think I'll use 2d6 instead of 1d6 for the game - easier to calculate probabilities and that, instead of just completely equal random chance. It'd be nice to keep the hardware to a minimum but I think in this case it'll probably be worth it.

Also at the suggestion of Bobo, no folding of item cards. In fact the whole of item getting will be fairly different from what I originally envisioned. Dropped and thrown items will be destroyed and unrecoverable (except perhaps through the use of an Event Card?). Some items will activate their special effects when dropped or thrown, but you probably still won't be able to get them back.
Items will be represented on the board by tokens still, but rather than these being the actual items, they will prompt you to draw an item from one of two available decks. The decks won't really have any difference gameplay-wise - they'll both be just two halves of all the items shuffled together, and the choice will be up to the player. The item backs will display only the type of item, though, and the presence of choice is to let the player decide if they want the Weapon or the Misc, the Crystal or the Armor, the Shield or the Artifact, etc. If you know your opponent needs a weapon, and one of the item decks has a weapon on top, you might both race to the nearest item pickup, one to get the item they need and the other to keep it from them. When you pick up an item you'll be allowed to look at it before you decide whether you want to keep it or not.

Added some more items and stuff to the content.txt...

R:M 0 = Range: Melee, 0 Accuracy
S:3 = Size; 3

Passive effect means its effect happens naturally and isn't counted as a separate action of its own.

Not sure about the dice pictures...new fail range is 2-4 (as opposed to "1 or 6"), new success range is 10-12 (as opposed to "1 or 6")...egh, yeah, definitely don't like the dice pictures.

But anyway, yeah.
Seriously tho some item and enemy and happen/event card suggestions would be rad. I mean I've already got some ideas for a few, but as soon as I get enough of each I'm gonna test this baby out, and the more I test the radder it'll get until everything is sweet enough for me to begin arting up the cards and items legit, dig?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic