Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411590 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 03:37:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPaint With Blood
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Paint With Blood  (Read 1972 times)
Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2011, 09:00:55 PM »

June 13, 2011
After lots of procrastination, and deliberation over deciding between simplicity and an obscene amount of everything (awards/powerups/modes), I've decided to keep everything fun and simple. I never entered this game into Quilderwibben's compo because he never responded, and because I couldn't bring myself to work on it! Tongue

Changes in the new version:
 - Finished Powerups (Mating Season and Bloodlust made the cut, as well as one that increased the time limit)
 - Finished Combo system (For every 3 combo kills, a second is added to the total time after the combo is over)
 - Finished Award system (achievements for different in-game feats EX. "Only use the gun" or "Get 15000 points without powerups")

January 17, 2011
I'm making a game for a competition with the theme of "Three Colors" held by a guy named Qwilderwibben.

Old Screenshot

The game is almost entirely finished, I just have to add combos, a crap load of achievements and then online highscores. I feel like it is amazing and I spent so much more time playing it than I did working on it. It's just genuinely fun.

Please take the time to play it and give me some constructive comments on it.

Also, if anyone likes the game enough to make some music that would fit, I probably won't say no. I feel like some decent music can only help the situation right now. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 10:36:47 AM by Acid » Logged
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:50:17 PM »

Nice game! This has some really good flow to it and it's fun to play. Here are my suggestions:

-There needs to be more feedback when a bullet actually hits an enemy. Maybe a splash animation on top of the blood splatter? It can be hard to tell if you're hitting anything once the floor gets covered.
-Maybe health, to add more challenge to the game. Right now it's fairly easy and adding the possibility of death will add a ton to the interest factor.
-Sound! I may be able to help, check my sig for info.

Really fun game you have here, I can't wait to see more!

Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:01:38 PM »

My whole idea and purpose for this game is to eliminate the factor of death and instead focus on the something that is mostly ignored. (at least to my knowledge) The artistic property of blood and the fun of just cutting and shooting the crap out of stuff. Tongue

I'm going to add powerups and combos, thanks to the suggestion of some others at 64digits.

Here's some of my ideas:
- Mating Season (Increase enemy spawn rate)
- Bloodlust (Slightly faster movement but unlimited attack speed)
- Exploding Crabs (Crabs explode into bullets upon death)
- Cleanup (The player just slowly accumulates points for nothing and wipes the blood off the stage)

Edit: I think I'm going to put this list in the first post.
NFour
Level 0

Grow Old or Die Trying

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 05:20:22 PM »

Love the graphics on this game, simple but beautiful in my opinion.
Though i do agree with AMT, it needs some sort of challenge to make it a more than a stress reliever Tongue
And maybe some sorta mega mallet thing like in super smash bros, might be a fun powerup when all the creatures start piling on you, I know you kinda already have that with the sword, but maybe something like boots where you chase them around instead of them chasing you? idk, its a weird suggestion, feel free to ignore it.

overall it definitely seems like one of those addicting things thatd id show my friends one day then regret it the next when i realize they havent stopped playing it since XD
Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 07:59:19 PM »

The I think that I'm going to put in an title system, rather than an achievement system. It would function a lot like the one in Super Smash Bros. Melee, where you acquire new titles based on how you played and what you did, or did not, do. With a page that will display all of your previously earned titles, a highscore system of some sort, and some interesting powerups, I believe the problem of it being "just a stress reliever" will dissipate. But I might think of adding a "Zen Gore" mode or something, where the game functions without a time limit or score, as an unlockable! Tongue
Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 10:36:34 AM »

I just made some significant progress with this game. It's very close to being completed. The only COMPLETELY NECESSARY thing that I need right now is a title, but some extras that will add polish will be added before the actual release. (Sounds/Music/Slight touch-ups on minor graphical hiccups.)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic