Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:24:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Catch the Ninja!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Catch the Ninja!  (Read 2334 times)
Flimgoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:02:54 AM »

A devious Ninja has stolen your treasured "My Little Pony" collection.

He (or she, you're not sure) has escaped to the rooftops (or whatever I can actually manage to draw, so the "strange corridor of cube type things") and is getting away.

Fortunately your army of super strong mutant steroidal bodyguards is on the case.

Player 1 is the ninja, fleeing from their pursuers, throwing things in their way to stop them from following.

Player 2 is the army of bodyguards, attempting to catch up - they run slightly faster, and have guns, and whenever one falls off it seems like another is there to replace them.

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 03:54:23 AM »

Assymetric cool!

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 04:49:35 PM »

How will you control a crowd of mutants?

The idea of "Super Strong Mutant Steroidal Bodyguards" guarding your My Little Pony collection is perfect, by the way, and I feel lends an extremely dramatic and epic tone to this adventure, on par with Tolkien and other great classics. I am looking forward to the intense action and grandiose plot, surely filled with stunningly realistic portrayals of characters, and such writing that hasn't been seen in games ever.
Flimgoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 01:21:36 AM »

How will you control a crowd of mutants?

The idea of "Super Strong Mutant Steroidal Bodyguards" guarding your My Little Pony collection is perfect, by the way, and I feel lends an extremely dramatic and epic tone to this adventure, on par with Tolkien and other great classics. I am looking forward to the intense action and grandiose plot, surely filled with stunningly realistic portrayals of characters, and such writing that hasn't been seen in games ever.

It'll be one mutant at a time (just infinite respawns). Unless I build in a many-players version where you have 7 people vs 1 (and all 7 get in each others' way of course)

I shall strive to exceed your perfectly reasonable expectations as to the quality of this game.

Flimgoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 12:38:13 PM »

This isn't abandoned, might even get something playable by the end of the month.
(probably not)

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 02:14:35 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

You must post pictures!  There's nothing quite like posting a picture and having 3 people say "Hey can't wait for this" to get your energy going for the game.

The pony idea is too intriguing to not keep track of.

-PENCERKOFF

Flimgoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »

No ponies (yet) but I do have early concept art (by iggie, whose input on this project means it will actually look pretty. Shame I'm doing all the coding so it'll still play like crap Wink)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 03:12:26 PM by Flimgoblin » Logged

Flimgoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 10:45:10 AM »

Models animating nicely (again all iggie's work here):

http://dl.grumpyferret.com/grumpyferret/catchtheninja/models.html

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:49:27 PM by Flimgoblin » Logged

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 01:46:28 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

Models animating nicely (again all iggie's work here):

http://dl.grumpyferret.com/grumpyferret/catchtheninja/models.html

The link works but I'm not going to bother with whatever "install unity player" is.  So that's what the game would look like?  Looks great but I still have no feel for what the game is.  A nice screenshot of the pursuit would make my day.

-PENCERKOFF

Flimgoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 02:52:00 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

The link works but I'm not going to bother with whatever "install unity player" is.  So that's what the game would look like?  Looks great but I still have no feel for what the game is.  A nice screenshot of the pursuit would make my day.

-PENCERKOFF

Greetings Pencerkoff,

Install Unity Player = the web player for Unity games. If you're on Windows/Mac it's worth bothering (just for all the other unity games you can then play) - the link itself is just the models cycling through animations so not quite what you're after yet Smiley

Plan is to have a playable level 1 for the end of the compo (though it'll most likely be programmer art for the environments) by which time I should be able to get a screenshot of bodyguard in hot pursuit of a ninja for you.

Cheers,
Flimgoblin

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic