Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:21:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Missile Mayhem [Finished]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Missile Mayhem [Finished]  (Read 4168 times)
Irkush
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2011, 08:45:40 AM »

Hey!

Going to use this competition to kick off a new game project and for once make sure that we finish it and not add another game to the infinite heap of unfinished games.

Summary
Action RTS
2 - 8 players

A game where tactics and diplomacy will be used to ensure your survival and your opponents destruction. Build your base, gather resources, build missiles and blow your friends and/or enemies into oblivion.

Not that much is to be told so far since most of the design is still to be decided upon, more information will be coming. Going to start on the foundation today and hopefully have a playable prototype at the end of this weekend.  Grin

Edit:
Game is now done!

Link here aswell: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18600621/MissileMayhem.zip
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:35:18 PM by Irkush » Logged
bauer
Level 1

Codes games & makes music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:44:34 PM »

Yeah, lets go! Beer!

Irkush
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 03:05:19 PM »

I guess it is time for a progress report.

This weekend we sat down and built the foundation of the game. We started with 3 brave programmers during saturday. But an unexpected crash of the SVN-server allowed beer to flow from everywhere. This reduced the team to two people on sunday but the progress was still over expectations.

At the moment you can connect to a player who is acting server and you can build your base, sending missiles toward each other is partly working. Also there is auto-discovery over LAN play, which means that if someone has created a server the clients will find it automatically.

Warning for red pictures, and please keep in mind that the graphics is all programmerart / placeholder.

A lovely picture of our current main menu. Somewhat Red Alert inspired.

Ah, the game in its glory. Oh! Someone is building a base.

And here is a picture of one of our classes, or parts of it atleast.

If you have any questions I would gladly answer them, more updates later in the new week.

bauer
Level 1

Codes games & makes music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 09:42:25 AM »

Yah!!! Development is going forward like a crazy train, though I'm mostly slacking while Irkush and the übergörman are hacking away on the game.

I seem to be missing a print screen button on my keyboard so unfortunately I'm not able to give you any visual updates, but I can assure you that the game is progressing nicely. All of the game play elements are in place, most of the work left is polishing the graphics, fixing some kickass tunes and balancing the game logic. Stay tuned for a playable alpha within a week! Beer!

Irkush
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 08:29:44 AM »

Alright, it is peanut-butter-crunchy time. We have not forgotten about this compo. But I must say that we have forgotten about updating this thread with new info, part of this is that we haven't gotten any feedback or comments here.  Sad panda is sad.  Panda

Sorry about the alpha not being uploaded, but we have been busy doing lots of work on the game instead.

Current features:
2 - 8 players, fully online & LAN playable with a serverbrowser.
Missiles and base construction in realtime.
Chatting working.
Basic particle effects.
Some options.
Ingame music.
Irkush
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 04:34:52 PM »

Phew alot of things have been checked of the todo-list last couple of hours.

Here is the game, finally Smiley
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18600621/MissileMayhem.zip
KaffeeWolf
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 03:15:40 AM »

Yay bsquang! :D

Be sure to check out our great server browser in the game! A shame that you cannot play alone at the moment, so just create a server and wait for some fool to hop in your lobby ,)

The game uses 53281 as port, didn't see the 12222 discussion before. It might succeed in doing nat punching but who knows :D

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic