Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:55:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Amazing champions
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Amazing champions  (Read 1710 times)
Mstrp
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2011, 07:26:14 AM »

I'm super excited about this comp, i've been thinking about making some kind of networked flash game for a while. And now is the perfect time for it!

So i'm going for a merge between a roguelike-like game and a game such as HoN/Dota/LoL, in a free-for-all killing frenzy through tight corridors in a maze like environment. I'll try to keep it as simple as possible at first, leveling up, acquireing of items, trying to create a nice feeling of player progression while still trying to balance things out. Maybe there will be some kind of shop in a vulnerable place where you can buy and upgrade your itamz, there will probably be natural creeps (npc) throughout the maze aswell.

Regarding the heroes, there will probably be different kinds of types of heroes, with different styles of play, what those types will be exactly i leave for future me to decide.

This may all change yet, nothing is final. But i feel good about the idea so far.

Enough writing, let's do it!
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:34:35 AM »

Sounds like a lot of work! Do your best!

PS. killing frenzy sounds fun, like everything involving killing

Mstrp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 08:30:39 AM »

Yea it will be alot of work, fortunetly i have alot of framework server/client code ready for flash games. The hard part will be to glue everything togheter into something of value Droop

It's now possible to connect, create and join games. Moving a pink box around sure is fun when it's on the networks.

Pictures will come when there is something interesting to see.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 05:20:29 PM »

The Internets: Making Moving Pink Boxes Fun

This sounds like a fun idea; roguelikes are always fun, and LoL / DotA have always interested me (I've never played them, though); this looks like my kinda thing!
Mstrp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 08:51:27 AM »

Playfield generation complete, quadtree implementation complete, next up is unit abilities and a buff/debuff system. Still not much to see, will create some placeholder graphics and post something here.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic