Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:17:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLycan Lad
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lycan Lad  (Read 1123 times)
tim-bo-jay
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »

Shrug What is Lycan Lad?
Lycan Lad is a new project from me, Timbo Jay! It's a platformer in the style of classic Mario games as I feel although the evolution we've seen in platforming is a good thing, sometimes it's nice just to enjoy retro simplicity.

Hand PencilSmiley What's the Story?
You take on the role of Vivan Splot, once a famous Monster Movie actor known for his wolf man roles. These days with monsters done in CGI Vivan has taken up a new carear as a Treasure Hunter! After hearing rumors of a treasure of imaginable wealth hidden away deep under a long forgotten castle Vivan sets out to prove to the world that you don't need double D's to be an epic treasure hunter!

Hand Metal LeftKissHand Metal Right How About The Bleeps and the Bloops?
Audio will be done by none other than those sexy feathery gods, the Hyper Ducks!

Hand Shake LeftCrazyHand Shake Right And the Programming?
This will be done by myself! I'm in no way a programmer and couldn't even wrap my head around Game Maker 8, but recently I've stumbled upon Game Factory 2 (MMF2's "lite" version) and due to it's painfully simple setup I've come along way in a short amount of time! Alas I'm still in no way a skilled programmer and the community for the tools is a little lacking so expect this Dev.Log to be filled with a lot of '...shit...hit a wall...anyone know how to fix this?'...because I'm a pro and that's how I roll Cool

Hand Point Right Other Info
Price : Free
Platform : Windows

Blink Screen Shots & Videos
The current build of Lycan Lad is pretty much some platforms and spikes as I'm still working on elements like death, lives, and the possibility of an option to spend coins in a shop. In other words showing it off now would do nothing but sell the final product very short. I will upload some pics (and possibly video) as soon as I've got something worth showing.
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:44:16 AM »

Awesome idea presented awesomely.
Awesome story, too.
Awesome awesome awesome.

Awesome.

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 03:39:49 PM »

YARR SHALL BE A GRANDDEE OLLLDDD BINT OF A GAEM!  Beer!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic