Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 06:00:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)What are you programming RIGHT NOW?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71
Print
Author Topic: What are you programming RIGHT NOW?  (Read 210254 times)
AODBAMF
Level 0

sup

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 16, 2014, 01:50:35 AM »

It appears to be called "Greedy Meshing". Was optimizing the mesh creation for my voxel/cube based framework and after it worked as intended, I googled for other possible implementations and found that my method is like 95% identical to the greedy one Smiley
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 16, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »

A scrollable TUI dialog in the CMD. Didn't really need to optimize anything since it's at 6MB of memory, and members of the Console class that I use require a bit of memory. CMD was meant to be used a command prompt anyways. Also, low-level hooks are fun. C# makes it really easy to use unmanaged code with managed code  Smiley
jeffgmelton
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1122 on: May 17, 2014, 06:16:13 AM »

Currently working on implementing spatial hashing for broad-phase collision detection.  This is for a little platformer I am prototyping using C and SDL2.

Belloch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 17, 2014, 02:15:22 PM »

Creating random shapes in a background thread, and then feeding them back to the main Cocos2D thread to be turned into sprites. These sprites are very large and cannot be created anywhere other than the main thread. Finding a way to actually generate them efficiently without causing the game to lock up for a good quarter second has been giving me quite the headache for the last few days.
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 17, 2014, 05:48:16 PM »

major refactor in progress.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: May 17, 2014, 09:19:29 PM »

writing my physics system for my 2d engine. This is the second time I've done it but I've been doing it entirely off of my tenuous understanding of discrete physics system. I really should get the orange book at some point but I think for my current purposes I can deal with my hacky bullshit.

Next time I'll look into incorporating another framework but my issue with physics is most systems out there are too overdone and dont fit my requirements. I'd love to see an AABB only system thats done to perfection and has a ultra-simple interface (aka Overlap & Collide methods with little other setup)

lunarkingdom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1126 on: May 18, 2014, 03:13:59 AM »

I'm working on a checkpoint system, so players don't have to start right from the beginning of the level each time they die (and they die a lot xD). I'm basically saving the state of all interactive objects in the level when a checkpoint is reached and restoring it back.

Working on HacknPlan, the planning tool for indie game developers.
mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1127 on: May 22, 2014, 01:35:43 PM »

I'm experimenting with some pseudo geometrical figures where the bodies are divided in triangles tks to the Delaunay triangulation, all in HTML5. Started from some canvas examples with lineTo/strokes...
Canvas is pretty fast but the fan of my laptop is running like hell :D

indie11
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 23, 2014, 07:19:18 PM »

A randomly generated space shooter. Gotta work out on how to place static enemies on walls and also the AI for flying enemies

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1129 on: May 24, 2014, 02:29:05 PM »

Fighting with "things" over rotating colliders (unity) that don't want to rotate...  Mock Anger

Jubjub
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 28, 2014, 01:22:52 PM »

Working on some reflections using stencil buffers:

I'd always wanted to try this out but never had a good reason to do it, it was surprisingly easy to do and I got it working on the first try!  Shocked Hand Shake Right
mft-dev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 28, 2014, 02:02:49 PM »

That looks pretty awesome! But shouldn't the reflection change position relative to the camera view vector? Who, Me?

I'm working on a Simplex Noise implementation so I can finally ditch those rainbow colored meshes (normals==color atm.)
powly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1132 on: May 28, 2014, 02:17:13 PM »

shouldn't the reflection change position relative to the camera view vector

Since it's an ortographic projection with the camera panning - not rotating - the view direction is constant. (if this were not the case, the background should also move behind the foreground when the camera moves)
anthnich
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1133 on: May 28, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »

Nice job on the reflections!

I just "converted" a number of sprites for my levels into a vertex array. Eliminated hundreds of draw calls.

Turnover @ Steam
jddg5wa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 29, 2014, 02:20:04 AM »

Working on some reflections using stencil buffers:
*snip*

I'd always wanted to try this out but never had a good reason to do it, it was surprisingly easy to do and I got it working on the first try!  Shocked Hand Shake Right

This looks very cool. I have never seen 2D mirrors like that before. Although it is a bit odd that her reflection is on the left side. Based off of the perspective of the sinks her reflection would be on the right side.

"Around here, however, we don't look back for very long. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Jubjub
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 29, 2014, 12:41:28 PM »

Based off of the perspective of the sinks her reflection would be on the right side.

You're absolutely right, I've changed it and now it looks just right. Thanks for pointing it out!
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1136 on: May 30, 2014, 04:41:50 PM »

What am I programming? Absolutely nothing!

I'm postponing the making of my level editor. I really need to make myself one, doesn't have to be fancy at all, but it's... sooooo... boooooooooring. Complex and boring tasks are the worst.

Sixmorphugus
Level 0

._.

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 07, 2014, 05:39:08 AM »

I'm working on some kind of 2D space building game. More specifically, I'm working on the Game Engine for such a game. It's based off an old one I did for a top down dungeon crawler, but it's supposed to be programmable with lua callbacks and have a more dynamic asset loading system than the other one, which just read a bunch of config files and loaded stuff based off what it thought was needed. Also, more than 8 possible directions of object movement would be nice this time.

So far, I have a window. That's it. As they say, all uphill from here. Cheesy

There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
Cheezmeister
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 12, 2014, 01:45:21 AM »

Man, I'm tweaking my dotfiles. It's the coder equivalent to masturbation, I need to get in gear already.

෴Me෴ @chzmstr | www.luchenlabs.com ቒMadeቓ RA | Nextris | Chromathud   ᙍMakingᙌCheezus II (Devlog)
Rainforce15
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1139 on: June 12, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »

Currently working on porting my small and recently finished Android game project so its engine compiles perfectly fine to Android and regular Java at the same time, in preparation of doing a "proper" game next (as in, one that takes more than a week to create). Currently rendering works alright, now I need to figure out how to implement things like clicks and device tilt in an... untiltable environment. Also reordering package names and abstracting classes.

I made a game thingy.
It has colors in it and might make you curse. : D
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic