Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 01:34:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)What are you programming RIGHT NOW?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 71
Print
Author Topic: What are you programming RIGHT NOW?  (Read 210048 times)
kefka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2011, 03:28:52 PM »

i really should spend my time between developing the fun gameplay-stuff and misc things more evenly.

I couldn't agree more!  Not only will it keep you more motivated and able to track with the project, but I think its very healthy to take creative breaks and try to use different parts of your mind if you can.
iffi
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2011, 07:10:05 PM »

I got a JFrame to appear in my latest attempt at actually finishing something. Grin
After that I spent the next several hours playing games or on these forums, and now I don't even remember what I was about to code. Facepalm
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2011, 04:22:23 AM »

Got CMake :

- call a script that
  - call a tool that generate c++ code from an xsd file
  - remove previously generated files
  - move generated files in the correct directories
 - then generate project files for me (a shared library)

Works nicely. Just need to add some dependencies to make it compile...

st33d
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »

Nothing.

I've got to play test nearly 50 levels.
Nix
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2011, 02:38:39 PM »

Nothing.

I've got to play test nearly 50 levels.

Oh darn
FrostedSentry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2011, 10:41:25 PM »

Nothing really... Fixing a few edge cases. Then off to go find some unsuspecting souls to playtest the game.

David McGraw ∴ Twitter
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2011, 11:44:54 PM »

My SCons script.

SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2011, 12:22:08 AM »

Particles. I just spent a couple days implementing a Barnes Hut algorithm only to find that using my recursive implementation 250 times a second is slower than doing brute force calculations in my game.

Which is sad because i'm actually a little proud and it was fun to write. These things happen.

Qbopper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2011, 01:09:38 PM »

Hello World.

No, really. I'm jumping out of Byond (never did like Game Maker) into Java, I have a book. Pretty good.
Riley Adams
Level 5

I don't actually use Ubuntu much...

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2011, 01:14:56 PM »

Learning random assembly and memory stuffs... lately I've been doing homework/labs for some upper level CS classes I can't take yet (all the lecture slides and such are available online...), I'm doing a buffer overflow lab/project for a security class right now... tricky stuff...

davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2011, 02:26:09 PM »

i'm working on a level editor, which is going to be a half of the game... you get half build level, get some stuff, place it on the level and the play that level and try to finish it.

i've just spent 2 hours fixing my arrays and stuff, coz shit hit the fan and everything failed miserably. now i've somehow solved all infinite loops, out of bounds errors and stuff and now i'm working on a platforming part of the engine, yay.

Tycho Brahe
Level 10

λx.x

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2011, 02:28:55 PM »

A Piece of mapping software for a school project. So far I've got a nice graph thingie, based off a custom linked list thing. Its pretty fun throwing ideas at it, especially as it means I don't have to work on some crappy database thing like the rest of my class...
eesau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2011, 02:51:36 AM »

I am adding physics to my script-based 3D modeller Crazy
tergem
Level 1

It's a pony!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2011, 07:17:12 AM »

I'm putting finishing touches on a top-down shooter's player class

Games made so far (completed):Spike teh dodge, Unnamed puzzle game, Galaga clone, Generic Top-Down Shooter, overly simplistic business simulator In dev: Platformer!
Kekskiller
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2011, 10:08:07 AM »

ImageJ plugin for processing and visualizing the vectors of an object. Pretty nice one, did even manage to skip and identify holes in all kinds of images I throw at it. But Java's list class always freezes my program for some reason. So I'm coding a quick'n dirty array solution for it.
J. Kyle Pittman
Level 6

PostCount++;

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2011, 10:45:25 AM »

Drawing images inlined with text.

Edit: Finished! The markup parsing is horribly slow in debug because it does about a million allocations, but I can deal with that later.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:49:28 PM by J. Kyle Pittman » Logged

Nix
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »

A polygon editor for creating the ground geometry of levels. You will be able to
-Click and drag nodes (I just finished implementing this)
-Create a new node on the highlighted line segment by subdividing
-Delete a node, connecting the nodes on either side of the deleted one

Then I'm going to have to figure out polygon triangulation to fill in the polygons with black.
Twitch
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2011, 06:06:07 PM »

Bug hunting and tuning Wyv and Keep, trying to get rid of some of the more bizarre circumstances, and gearing up for a beta / demo release.

I'm also giving everything a good refactoring while I'm at it, putting the LINQ that I've been learning to good use. I'm kicking myself for not learning it sooner, because writing stuff like this:
var bottomGubs = surroundings.Where<Gub>( gub => gub != this && Geom.Overlaps( new Vector2( position.X+1, position.Y + size.Y+1 ), new Vector2( size.X-2, 1 ), gub.position, gub.size ) );

which returns an array of gubs overlapping a particular area (game objects), is so much more straightforward than the sloppy multiline foreach-if block it was before.
bengrue
Level 0

I code. A lot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2011, 06:24:32 PM »

Right now I am making a generalized map-loader for my html5 game enginey thingy.

Current Project: Sully: A Very Serious RPG

Executive Producer of Dungeons of Dredmor

@bengrue on the twitternets
TeaAndBiscuits
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2011, 03:49:13 AM »

First pass on a map generation algorithm. Results so far are very promising! This has convinced me that writing a map generation algorithm is way more fun then writing an editor.

Now off to buy some beer for lunch  Beer!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 71
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic