Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:22:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The grumpy old programmer room
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 295
Print
Author Topic: The grumpy old programmer room  (Read 738911 times)
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: December 26, 2012, 06:00:14 AM »

But it's a crapload of work that nobody notices. And it falls apart if you change certain things. And it's not handicap friendly. It takes on an attitude of 'fuck old/poor people, they don't buy my app'.

There's a problem with accessibility? Why is that? It doesn't seem like anything in the Fragment/Activity approach prevents accessibility features from being added.

rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: December 26, 2012, 11:12:07 AM »

Smalltalk is the worst language ever and VisualWorks is the fucking worst IDE/framework/system I ever had to work with No No NO
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: December 26, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »

But it's a crapload of work that nobody notices. And it falls apart if you change certain things. And it's not handicap friendly. It takes on an attitude of 'fuck old/poor people, they don't buy my app'.

There's a problem with accessibility? Why is that? It doesn't seem like anything in the Fragment/Activity approach prevents accessibility features from being added.

I mean like old people who buy old phones and dont know the 'update' button and the poor people who buy the cheap phones that only run Gingerbread.

It's available only for the new Android versions (even the ICS versions screw over Honeycomb). Third party compatibility libraries are good, but they can be quite a bitch. Worse still, half the android developers don't even bother with compatibility libraries, so you have plenty of apps that don't work simply because someone wanted to do tabbed navigation.

The handicap thing was an analogy of something which i forgot what I was talking about in my blind rage.
akademiks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: December 27, 2012, 04:00:47 PM »

Shit i spent 3h debugging my lighting shader code that is working on my iPhone simulator but not on my device...

Turns out i was using lowp for my light position! BAD BAD BAD -> ALWAYS use mediump for position stuff  Tongue
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: December 27, 2012, 04:29:11 PM »

one of the face recognition libraries I'm using reeeeealy doesnt like to play with other libraries.

Got it working but kind of had to section it off from the rest.

QuadrupleA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3805 on: December 27, 2012, 04:46:15 PM »

DirectX is pissing me off - sick of having to deal with stupid rasterization coordinate systems in graphics libraries where everything is 1/2 a texel/pixel off. Why not define everything on the gridline intersections and stick to that? Life and math would be so much easier.

Weapon Hacker - roguelite metroidvania;
Battleship Solitaire - mindless podcast companion
QuadrupleA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3806 on: December 27, 2012, 06:25:57 PM »

Because it's so much easier to deal with a homogeneous coordinate system that spans from (-1.000625, -0.9991667) to (0.999375, 1.0008333) and changes every time you change your back buffer resolution, than something crazy and confusing like a system that spans from (-1,-1) to (1,1) Smiley

feminazi
« Reply #3807 on: December 27, 2012, 06:29:39 PM »

hmmmmm i grumpy aobut getting stuck on da same parts whenever i mak a engine... animation.. colision.. wel i not grumpy. im just bord now.
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: December 27, 2012, 07:05:39 PM »

goddammit, the package explorer window in eclipse disappeared and I can't find which button to open it with.

hmm... apparently it was the 'new window' button  WTF
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:27:31 PM by Muz » Logged
Liosan
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: December 28, 2012, 03:45:00 AM »

hmm... apparently it was the 'new window' button  WTF
... Shouldn't that be under Window -> Show view? Nevermind, Eclipse can be weird...

Liosan

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3810 on: December 28, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »

speaking of werdness in IDE's

in vs2010 I want to find a 'project tree' : method and variable names (with signatures) , preferably indented under their classes.
I found something like that in a dropdown on the top/right of my screen.
but is there some window i am missing ? A solution explorer/project manager can't be all right ?
QuadrupleA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3811 on: December 28, 2012, 12:34:49 PM »

speaking of werdness in IDE's

in vs2010 I want to find a 'project tree' : method and variable names (with signatures) , preferably indented under their classes.

Visual Studio 2012 has a nice "Class view" pane for that - not sure if 2010 has it - View -> Class View. The Visual Assist X addon also provides an even better "VA Outline" panel that breaks down classes, class member variables, methods, etc., in document order, lets you navigate to them, refactor / rename, find all references, etc. Really handy.

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: December 28, 2012, 01:41:24 PM »

yeah such a thing, preferably in a same sort of accordeon/tree thingie like the solution explorer. but helas in vs2010 there is no \view-> Class View

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: December 28, 2012, 01:50:17 PM »

git...

*grump grump grump*
QuadrupleA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3814 on: December 28, 2012, 01:53:26 PM »

yeah such a thing, preferably in a same sort of accordeon/tree thingie like the solution explorer. but helas in vs2010 there is no \view-> Class View

http://www.wholetomato.com/  = really good.

ham and brie
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: December 28, 2012, 04:26:03 PM »

Try going to Tools > Settings and if you're in Basic Settings switch to Expert, then look for View > Class View again.
Overkill
Level 3

Andrew G. Crowell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3816 on: December 28, 2012, 09:01:41 PM »

Hmm, why are the controls in my game randomly getting stuck?
keys[event.keyboard.key].setPressed(event.mouse.button.action == GLFW_PRESS);

...Oh, yep, that'd do it.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: December 28, 2012, 09:10:57 PM »

http://www.wholetomato.com/  = really good.

oh yeah I LOVE VAssistX

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: December 29, 2012, 02:09:34 AM »

yeah well I seem to remember reading many posts here and there where people proclaimed the visual studio IDE to be the best thing since sliced bread...

Are there more missing features* that I need to buy 100$ plugins for ?
And if these sort of essentials come from 3rd party tools; Why is this visual studio so great then?
compared to free alternatives like sharpdevelop, monodevelop. (I'll test this out myself, last time I checked monodevelop crashed occasionaly)

But I am ranting sry, atleast this is the grumpy room, I'll give the VAssistX trial a go.

Oh and btw So does this mean I can stop searching for it in VS2010; it's really not there ?

*) or are these features of other version then the express editions ?

Try going to Tools > Settings and if you're in Basic Settings switch to Expert, then look for View > Class View again.

thanks
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:20:38 AM by nikki » Logged
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: December 29, 2012, 04:33:55 AM »

vassistX is only for C++ it actually hinders visual studio for C#. You defintely want to disable it if you are using visual studio for C#.

I"m generally not a fan of MS but when it comes to IDE's visual studio is still one of the best i've ever used.

that said sharpdevelop is free? I thought it was a commercial project.

Also I love monodevelop but for c# visual studio (without plugins) is easily better

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 295
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic