Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:41:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The grumpy old programmer room
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 295
Print
Author Topic: The grumpy old programmer room  (Read 738287 times)
powly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5040 on: June 03, 2016, 03:06:59 AM »

I'm taking another trip to radix sort land, playing a sad tune with an oboe as I go ;_;
Cheezmeister
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: June 03, 2016, 02:48:56 PM »

I'm taking another trip to radix sort land, playing a sad tune with an oboe as I go ;_;

Quicksort too slow? Too big?

෴Me෴ @chzmstr | www.luchenlabs.com ቒMadeቓ RA | Nextris | Chromathud   ᙍMakingᙌCheezus II (Devlog)
powly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5042 on: June 04, 2016, 01:13:19 PM »

Too non-GPU-friendly, I'm afraid. Up to 45% of the performance of my old implementation (going glsl to hlsl for better portability and a nicer API), all should be good in a while!

I'm mostly doing this for fun, last time I ever so slightly surpassed the fastest NVidia CUDA implementation, found in the CUB library -- about a billion 32bit key+value pairs per second on a 980. Would be cool to at least roughly match that again. It's pretty neat for acceleration structures for simulation and ray tracing, and maybe proper transparency for particles.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: June 06, 2016, 11:46:48 PM »

It's late I must just enumerate a grid given a row index, I don't know how to do that because my brain decide fuck simple thing I made thousand of time Sad
gonna sleep bye

deathgreps
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5044 on: June 08, 2016, 11:18:52 AM »

Just hit some really fuckin' bizarre issue with SDL_mixer and certain MP3 files. Was pulling my hair out until I tried a Tool song and it played flawlessly. Searching 'sdl_mixer mp3' on StackOverflow comes up with _some_ results but absolutely no solutions AFAICT. Was driving me mad
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: June 08, 2016, 11:26:40 AM »

Short of clues, I'd try out different export settings to see if the problem goes away. For various reasons, however, I would recommend against using MP3 in the first place. Try OGG.

deathgreps
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5046 on: June 08, 2016, 01:24:56 PM »

Short of clues, I'd try out different export settings to see if the problem goes away. For various reasons, however, I would recommend against using MP3 in the first place. Try OGG.

That's just the thing, even after I convert this file to OGG it still plays choppy. It must be how the file is encoded because other files work fine.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: June 09, 2016, 03:17:48 AM »

Yeah, the mixer is probably picky. Keep fiddling with export settings, I guess.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: June 15, 2016, 02:29:50 PM »

Oh boy. I didn't realize unreal engine already does input dead zone stuff and I implemented it in code so it goes through 2 dead zone passes. That explains a lot.

I have to remember to check if the engine already did something I'm implementing. :X

Cheezmeister
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: June 16, 2016, 05:17:53 PM »

Fucking Java. I just...I can't...

Bloody, sproinking, fucking Java.

෴Me෴ @chzmstr | www.luchenlabs.com ቒMadeቓ RA | Nextris | Chromathud   ᙍMakingᙌCheezus II (Devlog)
pbrand
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5050 on: June 16, 2016, 08:14:44 PM »

Fucking Java. I just...I can't...

Bloody, sproinking, fucking Java.

What's buttering your toast?

[Lead Programmer @ Arcadian Atlas | Tools Programmer @ Geomancer: Into Exile | Never finishing @ Vindis Saga Tactics]
Cheezmeister
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: June 19, 2016, 01:20:07 PM »

Butter knives, mostly. Sometimes the toaster oven.

Abadox
Level 0

full metal jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: June 19, 2016, 11:58:55 PM »

Syntax Error: missing } after property list
SyntaxError: missing } after property listSyntaxError: missing } after property listSyntaxError: missing } after property listSyntaxError: missing } after property listSyntaxError: missing } after property listSyntaxError: missing } after property listSyntaxError: missing } after property listSyntaxError: missing } after property listSyntaxError: missing } after property listSyntaxError: missing } after property listSyntaxError: missing } after property listSyntaxError: missing } after property list
kill me.
Cheezmeister
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: June 20, 2016, 09:14:00 PM »

But where is the syntax error?

Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: June 24, 2016, 01:25:22 PM »

I'm grumpy because I have to learn JavaScript but I really dislike its syntax. It's not giving me difficulties, it's just... Ugly.

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5055 on: June 24, 2016, 01:27:59 PM »

My condolences :D

I take it you cant use one of those languages built for transpiling to javascript like typescript?

Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: June 24, 2016, 02:20:28 PM »

I take it you cant use one of those languages built for transpiling to javascript like typescript?
I don't think so D: I'm working with Rpgmaker MV, the damned program switched from Ruby programming to JS in its lastest version. I need a bit of JavaScript to modify the basic menus and stuff like that.
Shouldn't be too hard. Luckly for me, the community is pretty active and I found many useful scripts around, even free to use for commercial games!

For a team without a full-fledged programmer, I dare to say we're faring well so far.

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: June 24, 2016, 04:14:59 PM »

My brother put so much text in a draw text function that the tooltip for it took up the entire screen of my 16:9 HD monitor.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: June 25, 2016, 05:24:40 AM »

I don't think so D: I'm working with Rpgmaker MV, the damned program switched from Ruby programming to JS in its lastest version. I need a bit of JavaScript to modify the basic menus and stuff like that.
Shouldn't be too hard. Luckly for me, the community is pretty active and I found many useful scripts around, even free to use for commercial games!

For a team without a full-fledged programmer, I dare to say we're faring well so far.

Ah that's not too bad then Smiley Typescript etc would probably only complicate things in that case.

Weird they ripped out ruby for javascript. I guess their line of thinking is that everyone and their dog knows js these days.

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5059 on: June 25, 2016, 02:21:08 PM »

Weird they ripped out ruby for javascript.

Ruby is an excellent language, but it is, by a large margin, one of the most difficult languages to embed into an application. I would guess that the difficulty of working with it behind-the-scenes also contributed to the decision.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 295
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic