Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:38:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Stratecombat 2000 (working title)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Stratecombat 2000 (working title)  (Read 1570 times)
guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2011, 12:38:11 PM »

I hate you, people! Why did you have to start this awesome compo when I'm too busy, you know I cannot resist entering!  Cry

Anyways, this is gonna be a one-on-one action/strategy combat. It's like a mix between: FPS' death-matches + fighting games + RTS games + platform games + Contra.

HOW TO PLAY

1.- You select a character, you are then given some points you can add to your character's power, speed, jump or defense stats, so you can customize it to fit your style.

2.- You battle one-on-one in a one screen only arena. You need to collect stars as these will be needed to use weapons. Every weapon costs certain stars. For example every rocket you shoot costs 5 stars. Stars respawn after some time in different locations after they are taken, so you need to be on the move exposing yourself to take them.

3.- You can shoot in 8 directions, you can duck, you can cover yourself with a shield, you can run and walk, jump, jump several times in the air, etc.

4.- Every battle arena will have a different feature. For example in one you will be able to warp from bottom to top and from left to right (like in Pacman) and so on.

5.- You have many weapons, mines, rockets, machine-guns, etc. You can shoot them as long as you have enough stars.

THE PROJECT

I only have 2 weeks to work on this, after that I'll be "internetless" for a whole month, so I'll stay humble with my expectations. I can always expand it later.

It will be human player vs human player in the beginning. Later I may (or not) add AI controlled opponents and network gameplay.

Graphics are low res, tile based (16x16) but with detailed backgrounds. If I get a graphics guy tiles could be up to 40x40 for more detail. Game made on Multimedia Fusion 2 Standard.

HELP WANTED!!!!!!
I need....
+ Music
+ An artist
+ MMF Network/AI coder

If you want to help drop me a PM. Smiley

Also, I'm thinking about wikiing this game. Meaning having the design doc open for people to edit it and the best stuff stays. You will be completely credited for whatever you add! Dunno how that idea sounds like?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:59:29 AM by guillermo » Logged

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 03:12:56 PM »

I like the idea of competing for resources, and it seems you have a good collection of interesting ideas here!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic