Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:20:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOwlboy Development
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Print
Author Topic: Owlboy Development  (Read 77236 times)
kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2013, 10:21:19 AM »

ah sorry, internet has given me a habit of overstating criticism Embarrassed

that said I'm superhappy this beautiful game is in the works and that said level bits are just temporary setups

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2013, 03:33:15 AM »

I think it looks fucking fantastic, I played the demo and it looked great too.
So to counter the "so boring it's baffling" i'm gonna say it's so exciting it's jizzin'.  Hand Shake Left Well, hello there!

BALANCE RESTORED!  Tiger

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Snake
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2013, 01:18:59 PM »

Alright guys, I want to put this out here a little early:

Would anyone be interested in a D-Pad Studio Podcast?

We've realised that there's a lot of questions people have about the project, and it would make it easier for people to get the answers they want, along with some minor tidbits here and there. We just want to know wether or not there's any interest in the first place.

I think it looks fucking fantastic, I played the demo and it looked great too.
So to counter the "so boring it's baffling" i'm gonna say it's so exciting it's jizzin'.  Hand Shake Left Well, hello there!

BALANCE RESTORED!  Tiger

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it. Really wish we could replace it with something more up to date (and not have those horrible last-minute signs as a tutorial, hahaha!) But alas.

I actually decided to use the critisizms as fuel and have spent the past week creating decoration tiles for the dungeon we're currently working on. I'll be doing this for all dungeons (hence why there hasn't been a lot of updates lately.)

Once we finalise our current dungeon version, I'll start adding the visual polish. Maybe then I'll have some new screenshots for you guys.

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2014, 01:41:19 PM »

via https://twitter.com/DPadStudio/status/538407018701529088 (I've got nothing to do with this game, not sure if the devs check on this thread anymore)

p.s. Snake if you come back to this thread, would you mind rehosting the images from this post? Hopefully the old stuff is still around so you guys can chronicle the process when Owlboy is done.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:49:30 PM by unsilentwill » Logged

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2014, 01:53:32 PM »

Oh hey, that really cool looking game I forgot existed.

JustRadek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »

Cool, glad to hear you guys are still tinkering away on it.

bounds
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »

If this plays 10% as well as it looks, it will play brilliantly!

folks out there might think I'm crazy, but I've got to rescue Daisy!
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2014, 12:33:32 AM »

these graphics still look rad as ever

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2014, 03:00:04 AM »

Oh hey, that really cool looking game I forgot existed.
What he said
Snake
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2014, 05:00:32 AM »

I checked TIG by complete coincidence and found this. Figured it was about time I commented here.

I should start off by saying Owlboy isn't dead. In fact, it never was. Been working on the thing for 6-7 years now and I'm not planning to stop now. We've just got a ton of things to take care of (lately, that's been finishing a collaboration project,) and keeping dev threads updated was proving to be difficult. Especially since every time we do, people assume we're shipping the next day. Hell last week we ended up on the front page of the newspaper saying we were ready to release when all they had asked us was what the game was about, so naturally we're a bit cautious about what we post unless we have a plan to back it up.

I've had plans to pick this thread back up once we settle a couple of things in development because quite frankly, there's a ton of stuff in the game. Jo (one of our programmers) is the one that started this thread though, so it'll have to be a joint effort.

The screenshot above is from something I finished 3 days ago. It's one of the later dungeons, and it's starting to near completion.

p.s. Snake if you come back to this thread, would you mind rehosting the images from this post? Hopefully the old stuff is still around so you guys can chronicle the process when Owlboy is done.

I would, but I'm not sure what these images are honestly. I'll have to do some digging in that case. It's from 2008, so it must be from the old beta before the new team formed and created the first demo. I can probably find the oldest screenshots I have, but exactly which these are is unsure. If someone has an idea, let me know.

If anyone has any questions, be sure to let me know. I could probably do the easiest thing I can and mirror some of the updates I make on our other channels here before moving on to more regular updates.

If you have more direct questions, my twitter handle is @snakepixel

Cheers!

Adrianb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: July 09, 2016, 04:10:27 PM »

WWrriiise froom your grwwaaave!
Hey everyone, another update. Sorry for the long gap since Simon last posted.
We keep a blog updated at least twice a month and we regularly post screenshot/ short videos on Twitter, Reddit, and Facebook.
http://dpadstudio.tumblr.com/
https://twitter.com/DPadStudio
https://www.reddit.com/r/owlboy/
https://www.facebook.com/DPadStudio/

Simon and I are probably the most active on Twitter as far as previews/ screenshots
https://twitter.com/snakepixel
https://twitter.com/AdrianGBauer

As for some current dev news.
We're trying to put forth more media about the game's progress. Everything is a rather crazy right now as we hit some major project goals. Jonathan is working with our friend Martin to polish up the sounds right now. You may know Martin's work on Among the Sleep. Henrik and Jo-Remi are powering through bug testing feedback and other loose ends. Simon is drawing nonstop to finish up any missing art and animations. I'm currently finishing up extra map content and any other level design changes as needed.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 09, 2016, 11:26:55 PM »

IT'S AN OWLBOY UPDATE!!!! (on TIGSource that is)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2016, 12:35:41 PM »

#bringbackOwlboy

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2016, 01:57:00 PM »

At least share your pixel work in the pixel thread again!
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2016, 02:02:27 PM »

OMG IT'S HAPPENING!

Adrianb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2016, 04:28:19 PM »

We're going to be doing a panel at PAX West this year. Simon, Jo, and myself will be talking about Owlboy development. I'm looking forward to a crazy time at PAX.
longneckgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2016, 04:32:19 PM »

Stoked to see this game is staying in the works! It would break my heart if all those beautiful pixels didn't make it to the finish line!
Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2016, 06:16:37 PM »

WWrriiise froom your grwwaaave!

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
Jo-Remi
Level 0

Developer on D-Pad Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: July 17, 2016, 07:38:50 AM »

We're preparing to show Owlboy at PAX this year(we're also having a panel on the 5th of September, so please join us!). I've started filming some scenery from the game! There are A LOT of improvements to animations since the 2011 demo.

The most noticable ones are the addition of animated foliage and moving clouds. In the demo, most of the backdrops were static, and we've put a major effort into making the game feel 'alive'.

I'll touch on other scenery assets later, but I'll leave this one here for now,

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 17, 2016, 07:45:15 AM »

There are A LOT of improvements to animations since the 2011 demo.
Even better pixel graphics?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic