Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 04:51:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOwlboy Development
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Owlboy Development  (Read 77283 times)
Ratchet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 02:05:29 PM »

Any chance of a Mac release for this too? It looks absolutely amazing! (TBH, worth booting Windows for anyway XD)

The animations in particular blew me away, and I love the expression system for talking. Can't wait for this!

Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2011, 11:44:07 AM »

just posting to keep abreast of future updates, and to say this is awesome.

Balrog
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 07:04:46 PM »

I've had my eye on this since the initial videos. I can't wait to play it!

CEDE
Level 2

Don't Stress, Live a Cool Life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2011, 07:12:42 PM »

I love the character designs and poster art. All really fantastic!

portfolio | studio | latest game: shade dogs | twitterpost-it
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2011, 01:27:08 PM »

My eyes, my eyes ...
it's full of star
my eyes are full of stars
what have you done to my eyes?

Snake
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2011, 06:44:33 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm hoping to show more art as I finish it, but I need to get better at putting things online. Anywhoo:

Also had fun playing this at GDC last year, was on the kiosk for 30-45 mins but hit some bug that earned me high fives but cut my session short.  Looking forward to playing it again if I can snag a CD from you guys this year.  Beer!

I remember you. You were the one that shot down some blocks that should be solid, right? We'll definitely try to have some CD's ready if we're in the same area.

Been looking forward to this forever! I often put on the owlboy music in the background when I'm working. Jonathan Geer is the shit! And so is Snake of course, his art makes my heart beat.

Will buy this the first day it comes out  Grin

Oh, and out of curiosity, what do you guys do for a living?

We make Owlboy. That's our alpha and omega at this point.

Before I start hyping this, any idea what the system requirements will be? I'm still rocking on a computer from 200X (4) and have missed tons of PC games, but seeing as this isn't made on the Game "Resource Hog" Maker, I've a little hope that this will run on my computer...

We don't know the exact requirements right now, though we're planning on doing some system tests very soon. What I do know is that we've avoided effects that will demand more powerful systems like Pixel Shader 2 and such. Our goal is to let as many people be able to play this as possible.

Any chance of a Mac release for this too? It looks absolutely amazing! (TBH, worth booting Windows for anyway XD)

The animations in particular blew me away, and I love the expression system for talking. Can't wait for this!

Since the game is created in XNA, It seems unlikely that we'll be able to get this running on Macs, but it might be something we can look into. At the moment though, we do not have any plans I'm afraid.

My eyes, my eyes ...
it's full of star
my eyes are full of stars
what have you done to my eyes?

Just put stars in them. It's seriously difficult to shove several nuclear cores into someones' eyeballs though. Hell, I'm amazed we got the compression chambers to last long enough. And let's not speak of the remote transfer module...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:51:45 PM by Snake » Logged

Relix
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2011, 07:52:49 AM »

What I do know is that we've avoided effects that will demand more powerful systems like Pixel Shader 2 and such.

That sounds good (to me atleast).
I guess I can start hyping it, the graphic card is the weakest link on this computer.

Snake
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2011, 09:33:06 AM »

Being a dev thread, I thought I'd do something out of the ordinary and post a mockup of what we're working on:

I present: The item menu. Filled with Greenishes, Yellowishes, Blueishes, Redishes and Canteens. And hats. Did I mention we're adding hats to the game? We're adding hats to the game.  Gentleman

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2011, 10:56:02 AM »

This is super-awesome.

Also, hats. The new Morality system?
Kramlack
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2011, 11:13:04 AM »

You're my hero Snake. It's all so damn beautiful.
Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2011, 12:50:05 PM »

I see a spelling error! "Replenishes" Wink Though it's just a mock-up so I guess it's okay.

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2011, 05:12:42 PM »

geez... I just watched one of the gameplay videos on youtube.
It makes me so happy to see that there are still people doing work as good as this. What a simply amazing game!

agersant
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2011, 05:56:10 AM »

I remember Blake got me into some kinda of alpha-test program for this game some time ago (1 or 2 years ago maybe). Is it still running ?

The game looks very very good and the gameplay was lots of fun too, keep it up !
Snake
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2011, 07:38:45 AM »

I see a spelling error! "Replenishes" Wink Though it's just a mock-up so I guess it's okay.

That would be my dyslexia doing it's thing right there. Concerned

But yes, it's just a mockup for now. The actual version we're doing has the benefit of a spellcheker. I'm glad someone spotted this though, in case I wanted to use the screenshot again.

I remember Blake got me into some kinda of alpha-test program for this game some time ago (1 or 2 years ago maybe). Is it still running ?

The game looks very very good and the gameplay was lots of fun too, keep it up !

Sadly, it's not up anymore. The testing program was taken down along with the old site when Blake left the team, but we're planning on setting up something new once we get closer to release.

Jo-Remi
Level 0

Developer on D-Pad Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2011, 06:30:04 AM »

Buccanary's Shop has been added

The Adventure Emporium! The headquarter of trinketry! The place where Otus gets his paws/wings/gloves on the game's rarest of powerups.

In exchange for rings, Buccanary's Ad-campaign coupons, the player can unlock more trinkets. As he gathers more rings, more items will appear on Buccanary's walls. It is also where one goes to put on freshly aquired hats for Otus' head.

Part of Buccanary's store chain, are the Penguin shops, scattered across the land. They usually store two items, and fresh soup for hungry travelers.

On the outside of Buccanary's shop, flagpoles will signify how far Otus has progressed in the search for the ring coupons.

Outside Buccanary's Shop

Next week, the demo should be very close to completion! Expect a big update:D Hurrah!

JoGribbs
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2011, 06:34:03 AM »

This looks incredible, but I think the font in that speech bubble looks a bit off. I much prefer the one in the item menu shot above. Anyhow keep up the good work.
Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2011, 10:45:29 AM »

I think the font in the new screenshots may be too big and thin to fit with the speech bubble's graphical style. Probably should have some empty space between the font and the speech bubble border to pad the font a little. Maybe either a thicker font or more compact font would be nice... or maybe just scale down what is already there.

I'd prefer something like this, but maybe it's just me:

oh and also... I WANT TO PLAY THE DEMOOOOOO Crazy

Jo-Remi
Level 0

Developer on D-Pad Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »

Some nice observations about the font here, and I agree, we just havn't replaced it yet. The font we're currently using looks inconsistent in a way, it's called "Kootenay".

Which font are you using here Konidias?

I'd prefer something like this, but maybe it's just me:

Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2011, 04:07:09 PM »

Lucida Sans Typewriter
Bold
14 pt
Crisp AA
Scaled 80% vertical 80% horizontal
Same colors as your font

(in photoshop)

Works well since it seems to be monospaced so it should look nice inside boxes Smiley Though I do believe you have to give proper credit to use it?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 04:51:12 PM by Konidias » Logged

pixhead
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »

Please update this blog more then you do the website. I need Owlboy!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic