Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 03:24:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallMoldering on 8-bit Funding.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Moldering on 8-bit Funding.  (Read 9012 times)
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2011, 05:37:22 PM »

It's not like I'm getting any positive exposure from this. I can't convince him my project is worth his, or anyone elses, money. I'd say putting my project out there so people can find it doesn't necessarily constitute begging. If one were to continually ask for money, I think that's where it crosses the line into begging in our colloquial vernacular.

It won't get any exposure if I were to push my project live on 8-bit Funding and tell no one. Then the question might be asked, why even put my project there at all. Some people might argue that my project isn't worth posting on a site like this. I'm a full-time student who's been programming this game for years. I am 100% committed to it's completion and I've now created a venue for people who have been following my game to help it's progress along. Some people like it, some people don't. However you can say so and leave it at that, just like we're not convincing you that it's worthwhile, you're going to have just as hard of a time convincing us that we shouldn't be creating this outlet and announcing it, or supporting it for that matter.

Can we all agree to disagree and leave this thread for people who want to discuss this game?
valis
Level 0

Kaffiyeh Camel

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2011, 09:20:43 PM »

Don't lock his thread because of me.  It's not just this guy, it's the whole entire concept of it that irritates me.  I'll just leave it at that and not pollute his thread anymore.  Mouldering guy, best of luck.

Still, I do urge you to find some more viable method for getting cash because I don't really see this working too well.  Another option would be to develop the skills to do stuff yourself instead of paying for it.  Personally if I had a game concept that I couldn't afford to develop I'd be revising the concept into something that I could afford.

But then again, what do I know?
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2011, 06:39:56 PM »

I realize the video that used to be on the 8-bit funding page wasn't very impressive, and part of the reason I'm not receiving many donations. Here is a replacement. It is what the donations are going towards. Here is a run through of a few maps we put together that show off some of the art we've paid money for.

If you like what you see please consider donating to help with the development of this game.

Thanks,
James

http://www.youtube.com/embed/YDpap3vddwo
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 12:40:08 PM by James_M.D.T. » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic