Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:38:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationApophenia [Complete]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Apophenia [Complete]  (Read 23597 times)
Pip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 05:01:36 PM »

Let me be the first to say:

Artgame!

It challenges the way we think about challenges.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 12:17:51 AM »

If you need more explicit help understanding your goal in each game, you can activate pretentious mode for further clarification.
I've spent several minutes trying to find words which will express just how awesome this is, and I can't do it.   Kiss
Thanks! Grin

Some of these scenarios are quite challenging and addictive.

(Not this one though:)

fuckalicious

In this oblique mystery you are inexplicably a heavily-armed supersoldier, hopelessly trying to eat happiness.

Sounds like a typical FPS to me.  Wink

Awesome! :D
I like the way it defines this game:
generic
In this thrilling sequel you will have complete influence over a wisecracking anthropomorphic mascot reluctantly trying to obliterate a wisecracking anthropomorphic mascot.

Artgame! It challenges the way we think about challenges.
I wasn't quite sure while making it whether it was more an art game or a parody of art games. Honestly, I'm still not sure. Smiley

Tommunism
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 01:11:50 AM »

"You are a cave exploring robot risking life and limb to marry a pancreas"...priceless.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 11:11:51 AM »

interesting, although it would have benefited from more variety for the rules and environments. And more interaction with the environment. Good concept.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
shrimp
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 12:32:36 PM »

I hope it's a parody of art games! They deserve it.

Made me laugh and was fun trying to figure out what the hell was going on. I was a bit disappointed there was no way to "win" or progress in some... non-successful-completion-oriented-way...

twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 06:41:55 AM »

This concept is pretty cool... I keep thinking though, if only I could type in or generate different gameplay mid-game. Kind of like hacking the game to do certain things in real-time and knowing that certain words do certain actions would give you a set of weapons to work with.
Daniel Benmergui
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 01:46:09 PM »

I really liked Apophenia!

Even if just the fact that the games feel very deep because of the perceivably infinite combination of factors. Pretentious mode was a very clever idea to hint on how the exploration of possibilities is supposed to be approached, and I think there is yet more depth to find in this concept...I'm glad you did this.

Daniel.
Ludomancy
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 06:13:22 PM »

I can't get it to run. UltimateZip tells me it failed a CRC check. It seems to extract but the exe doesn't work. Using the default XP extracting function helps not in the slightest. Any thoughts?
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2008, 06:48:54 PM »

Glad y'all enjoyed it! Grin

I can't get it to run. UltimateZip tells me it failed a CRC check. It seems to extract but the exe doesn't work. Using the default XP extracting function helps not in the slightest. Any thoughts?
Hmm... looks like my site is over its bandwidth quota at the moment so you probably downloaded a partial/corrupted copy, or just the html error page. I uploaded it to Filefront as a mirror in case this happens again: http://files.filefront.com/apopheniazip/;10658034;/fileinfo.html

Crackerblocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 08:32:54 PM »

I love this game. It was the first thing I voted for. Simple, weird, and really took the PG concept by the nuts.
zradick
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 05:28:51 PM »

I liked the variety, but it was never clear to me when I had won or lost.  I had suspicions for sure, but a little feedback would make it more compelling perhaps.
Cheers!
--Zack
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic