Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:13:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Alliance betrayal, playable alpha
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Alliance betrayal, playable alpha  (Read 1553 times)
ishlilith
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 27, 2011, 05:22:13 PM »

OK, here is my entry for the competition. Sponsored by "Player.io for Dummies" and "Casting magic in C#".
I have always wanted to do some kind of board game, and this looked like the perfect excuse to do it.
It's not very complex, but I hope you like it.

Alliance Betrayal is a 3-8 players turn based game.

Point of the game
The objective is having more points than the other players at the end of the game (duh).

Gameplay basics

Actions phase

You control a territory (Right now is a circle, but it will change) with 3 possible actions per turn.
The first is what you will do at the end of the round, you can defend, produce and attack. I don't need to tell you what each of those actions do, but I will.

Attack - Attacks another player and steals 100 points from him (and only from him). If successful, the points are shared with your allies.
Produce - It produces 100 points, again shared with your allies.
Defend - It defends you and your allies from attacks.

You also can give commands to another player (only 1) these take the for of "You attack player X" or "I'm going to defend". These "diplomatic actions" are secret and only seen by the player they are sent to, but he can ignore them, or you can use them to fool the other player (tell them to produce and then attack him).

Finally you can offer an alliance once per turn. You can accept or decline as much as you want, the limit is only offering them. I'm sure you can see the benefits of being in an alliance.

UN meeting

Simple phase, the turn is evaluated, points are added/deducted and chat is enabled. Vent your anger, convince players to attack the leader, or comment about the last movie you watched. Press enter to send a message.

End of the game

The player with most points wins, everybody else loses. In case of a draw/tie, nobody wins.

Configuration options

When you create a room you can choose several parameters. The number of players, the length of the turns and UN meetings and the average number of rounds.
What's an average number of rounds? Well, what it says, it also means that there is no guarantee that the actual number of turns in the game corresponds to the number you put here.

Screenshot

Link to the alpha (click me)

You can open several windows and play against yourself.

TO DO

Balance, balance, balance.
Streamlining and polishing the UI.
Make it look if not good at least passable.
Fix some obscure but very serious bugs (disconnections are horrible).

Well, if you have read all of this you deserve a cookie.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic