Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:08:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsJack the Reaper
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76
Print
Author Topic: Jack the Reaper  (Read 333810 times)
banannaman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: February 18, 2017, 11:05:01 PM »

Hi, I was just wondering how the game is doing. I love what I have played and just want to see what the progress of this is since I haven't seen any activity on this board in a couple months. Hope things are going well for you.
SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1481 on: February 18, 2017, 11:19:41 PM »

Yeah I finally got around to playing the demo last month and I loved it! It was actually the first time I played it and I hadn't been following the devlog that closely so everything was new to me, really great game!

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1482 on: February 22, 2017, 10:13:33 AM »

@Banannaman, Hi! Thanks for checking in, The game is still in progress, just going a bit slow due to me needing to take a break from it so I dont get burnt out on it.
@SolS, Im glad you loved it! Thank you very much!

ashpd
Level 1

Umm... Hello!

View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 07, 2017, 01:04:26 AM »

Is the game still alive? Are there any news about progress? Maybe some new demo?
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1484 on: September 07, 2017, 04:16:45 PM »

Yes it is!
It is very much still in progress, though unfortunately progress has been slow recently due to losing my job at the end of last year. Ive been having to start a patreon (which I'm unsure is okay for me to advertise here of course) and commissions to continue to pay rent, which takes up most of my time these days, along with other things in my personal life that have been taking up my time as well

Squire Grooktook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: September 07, 2017, 05:06:59 PM »

That sounds very stressful. I just want to say, Jack the Reaper is a special kind of cute, and I'll continue to follow it for as long as it takes to finish.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: September 08, 2017, 01:31:36 AM »

you have my permission to post your link
Minoru Leonardo
Level 0

Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: September 08, 2017, 08:20:11 PM »

Oh, wow. Crap. And I was wondering why you haven't posted any progress in all this time.

I hope everything gets better for you Raku.

Writing is hard.
Coding is rocket science.
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1488 on: September 12, 2017, 02:16:38 AM »

@ Squire: Thank you, I appreciate it!

@ Superb Joe: Ah I see, thank you then
My Patreon is over at https://www.patreon.com/DreamsBell, I post at least once a month but it's mainly for anyone who wants to help support me financially. Keep in mind though that it is generally more for my other art though.
(If I've broken any forum rules by posting this please let me know though)

@ Minoru Leonardo: Thank you too.

I really appreciate the support and understanding everyone has been giving me though all this, not to mention the immense patience you all seem to have for me. Im sorry my game is taking me this long to make.

nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1489 on: September 12, 2017, 03:06:47 PM »

That sounds very stressful. I just want to say, Jack the Reaper is a special kind of cute, and I'll continue to follow it for as long as it takes to finish.

Quote from: Raku
I really appreciate the support and understanding everyone has been giving me though all this, not to mention the immense patience you all seem to have for me. Im sorry my game is taking me this long to make.

I feel ya when it comes to having life get in the way of creativity, and feeling guilt about that. Something I try to remind myself to feel better, is that making cute things to bring joy into the world cannot be done by pushing yourself constantly in an unhealthy way. You gotta focus on your own happiness and the cute things in your life sometimes! You'll get back to it with more energy. I believe!  Kiss

banannaman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: September 13, 2017, 03:40:05 PM »

this game has been a wonderful experience to me and is worth the wait. thank you for investing so much time into this project :D
Diabetes Forecast
« Reply #1491 on: September 27, 2017, 09:41:01 AM »

ey yo backed your patreon thing, hope it'll help!
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1492 on: September 28, 2017, 05:14:09 PM »

@Nathy grrrl, banannaman - thank you both very much!
@Applefat - ahh Im so grateful for that! It does help for sure

ZharK
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: October 30, 2017, 12:31:42 PM »

Hello, I found a bug that crashes the game during the reactor fight. One of the projectiles that you need to direct towards the reactor got caught on an edge and caused the game to crash. I am using Windows 8.1. Incidentally, the game takes a while to start up, and sometimes doesn't work for me. Good luck with the game, it's been really fun so far.
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1494 on: November 04, 2017, 01:08:35 AM »

I see, I think I know what the problem is and Ive already got how to fix it thankfully, it's probably the sound effect being played too much at once due to the bullet getting stuck. This seems to be a known error with gamemaker, where for some computers if too many sounds are playing simultaneously it can crash games. And dont worry, the game takes a while to start up for me too. Thank you for the encouragement! I appreciate it

Kep
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: November 16, 2017, 10:09:51 AM »

Hey, i've been wondering a thing. How's the game doing? I discovered this game some weeks ago and i feel in love with the game as soon as i reached the first boss. Good luck in everything.

Also how long will the game be compared to the demo?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 10:15:06 AM by Kep » Logged
Voltz.Supreme
Level 3

Iron Synth Chef & Voltage Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1496 on: November 20, 2017, 09:00:59 PM »

All the best finishing the project!!

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1497 on: November 21, 2017, 04:24:33 PM »

@Kep, The game is doing okay so far, production has slowed a bit right now due to getting a little burnt out on it, but Im trying to take breaks until I can get back to working on it fully again. Im so glad you like the game so much, and thank you for the support! The game's demo is about... 40% of the game maybe, though there are many things inaccesible in the demo that make the full game even longer.

@Voltz.Supreme, Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

Kep
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: November 30, 2017, 11:07:46 AM »

So uh i was replaying the game, one of those mushroom monsters that drop pink + yellow souls ate me when i went to kill it, and this happened

I can't do anything except attack and put the shield in front of me, the only thing i can do is press esc.
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1499 on: November 30, 2017, 06:07:47 PM »

Ahhhh, I know about that unfortunate bug, those plant enemies cause a lot of trouble for me, but Im going to be fixing it soon, thank you for letting me know though! Also in case you didnt know, you should be able to hold F2 to reset the game

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic