Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 05:52:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsJack the Reaper
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]
Print
Author Topic: Jack the Reaper  (Read 333768 times)
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1500 on: December 01, 2017, 10:25:41 AM »

Also would you mind if i used any of the deviantart concept arts as an avatar in a discord?

If anyone ever asks me this about my work I'll know I've made it as a creator. Hand Clap

Kep
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: December 01, 2017, 11:26:44 AM »

Also would you mind if i used any of the deviantart concept arts as an avatar in a discord?

If anyone ever asks me this about my work I'll know I've made it as a creator. Hand Clap
i already regret asking that
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1502 on: January 08, 2018, 01:09:49 AM »

I appreciate your vagueness in your answer, TheMightyDefault. No spoilers on how to solve any of the puzzles or anything, please.

In other news, the cave stages needed more bat enemies, so I sketched out some new concept art for some today:

Your art is so incredible!

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Minoru Leonardo
Level 0

Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: June 13, 2018, 07:16:52 PM »

It's been quite a while since we had an update on this game... I hope it's still under development, it'd be a crying shame not to see this finished.

Writing is hard.
Coding is rocket science.
banannaman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: September 22, 2020, 11:12:11 PM »

Hello! I hope I find you well. I come back and check this forum every couple of months hoping for news and decided to ask if you had any new info on this game. I look forward to any news or an eventual release of this game however, I know things are crazy right now and I'd understand if you dropped this. I always think about this game when I play a Kirby game or see a high detail pixelated style nowadays though. I think your game is amazing and I hope that you are able to finish it someday.
KilljoyRembo
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: February 11, 2021, 08:14:46 PM »

I just finished playing through the demo!
What I liked (subjective opinion, take with grain of salt):
Overall, this is some high-quality stuff. The sprites and backgrounds are polished, the music is fun to listen to, and the controls feel really polished. After taking a look through the last 10 years of this thread, I can see that a lot of work from the developer and feedback from players went into this.
There are some creative levels in there. For example, there's one where you control one of the main characters over a level that is completely covered in spikes. This character can walk on them without taking damage because she's wearing thick shoes. There's also a level that kind of plays like the Wheelie Kirby stage from super star ultra. That's the only stage I played multiple times just because it was fun; and not because I got several game overs.
What I didn't like (also subjective opinion, definitely take with grain of salt):
I don't have a lot to say here. There is one thing, but it didn't bother me that much - some bits of the story kind of seem to come out of nowhere. For example, there's a level where there's a giant buried person - and that was just a background element! There's also a level where this lady in a giant robot mech is chasing you through ancient ruins. That kind of came out of nowhere too. But random stuff like that is normal in platforming games, so I don't really mind it too much.
Glitches (objective fact - the part you will really care about):
There's a glitch where if you have the shield and boomerang abilities at the same time and you get bitten by one of the mushroom enemies, your sprite disappears and you can't move. You can swing the sword, but that's it. It looks like this glitch has already been mentioned by someone else in this thread, and it's probably been fixed already in an unreleased build.
There's another glitch that I haven't seen mentioned yet. In the second-to-last level in the demo, you get chased by what appears to be a giant robotic version of Jack. It's kind of similar to the level with the Mech Lady I mentioned before. Both can break blocks, and touching either is a one-hit kill. Except when Robo-Jack touches Jack, he doesn't just die. In every frame of the Jack's death animation, Robo-Jack hits Jack again, and it starts to lag (maybe a link to this screenshot will help explain what's happening?).
https://imgur.com/a/YRyhBXZ
The weird thing is each hit counts as a life lost, which means once you're kicked out of the level, you have -26 lives (or something negative) left.
So it's really 2 glitches: First, Robo-Jack kills Jack more than once at a time. I've tested this twice, and it's happened both times. Second, you don't get a game over if your life count is negative - kind of a fun side effect, but it takes away some of the challenge. After you have negative lives, you can't get a game over because your life count will never hit zero. Of course, if you reset the game your life count goes back to normal.
ur_boi_pancake
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: December 17, 2023, 12:44:18 AM »

Hey, I recently learned about the project and would like to try the demo. Unfortunately I can't find a working download. Is there anywhere that still has it?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 10:59:52 AM by ur_boi_pancake » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic