Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:36:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsJack the Reaper
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 76
Print
Author Topic: Jack the Reaper  (Read 331988 times)
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: October 06, 2012, 02:36:32 AM »

Ah, the oddity you mentioned is because I haven't made the extra health bar hits yet. I've been jumping around on what I work on in the game, and I must have stopped making that after a few.

Conker534
« Reply #401 on: October 06, 2012, 07:24:54 AM »

This is my favorite game here. I love the style and feel of it. I cannot wait to play through it.
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: October 09, 2012, 11:10:58 PM »

I have a small announcement to make about the game's progress! I finally learned how to use the pixeltone dll and get the music into the game! I've been getting used to how to use the dll, and putting a bunch of music to test it out. I most likely wont put all of the music in the game until it's complete, since it boosts the filesize up more and more for each song I include, but I will leave many in the next demo I release, just so you can see how the game feels with music included!
Thanks to those people before who tried to help me out with the dll, and to the person who helped me today to finally understand it!

ALSO, I made the map a bit flashier when you enter a stage. You'll see what I mean when I release the next demo.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:57:54 PM by Rakugaki-Otoko » Logged

Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 10, 2012, 06:58:20 AM »

This is nothing short of fantastic Smiley
Everything feels genuine! The only thing I might've disliked was the size of the "playing field", but it's really neat!
Sharkoss
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 10, 2012, 08:39:39 AM »

Rad.
HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: November 10, 2012, 11:38:04 AM »

Can't wait to hear the game's music Smiley

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: November 11, 2012, 02:21:53 AM »

Thank you, all three of you! I'm working very hard to finish my current work on the game so I can release another updated demo, which will have a few songs in the first couple of stages, just so you can see what it sounds like!

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: November 19, 2012, 06:20:42 AM »

Alright, I put up a new demo. A lot has been fixed/added, and there's music in several parts now. The reason I probably wont put all the music into the demo yet is because of filesize. As you can see when downloading this one, it's about 50MB so far with the little bit music I included.
Here's the link (I also updated the first page of this thread with the new link)
http://www.mediafire.com/?77u7c5c65hwbfgx

Please bring up any problems with the file or game. My life has been hectic and I may have overlooked something while scrambling to get this tidied up well enough to put out a new demo.
I apologize in advance for any problems.
Feedback is greatly appreciated, as well.

HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: November 19, 2012, 06:58:40 AM »

It's great! I have no complaints about anything.

Bugs: you can wreak havoc by continuously pressing esc to pause and x to continue in lots of places in the game.

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: November 19, 2012, 01:31:57 PM »

Ahh, yes, I've noticed the pause thing. I don't know exactly why it does that, but I'll be working on fixing it.

illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 29, 2012, 01:55:20 PM »

I didnt get any bugs playing it, it was really fun ( i really like the animation at the beggining )  Grin
I got so frustrated after dying alot falling on the slime Crazy
You're doing a great job there !  Coffee
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: November 30, 2012, 02:14:31 AM »

Wow, thank you! I appreciate the support!

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 30, 2012, 12:49:46 PM »

Code:
for object ALLABILITY:

Error in expression:abilitycantouch
 position 1: Unknown variable abilitycantouch
okay so looks like you did program a bit where if you attempt to grab more than one soul jack just spits one (or two) out like an recovering alcoholic realizing someone spike the fruit punch.
do love the first stage BGM.

I didnt get any bugs playing it, it was really fun ( i really like the animation at the beggining )  Grin
I got so frustrated after dying alot falling on the slime Crazy
You're doing a great job there !  Coffee
the trick is to time the jumps if it's falling you jump over it.
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: November 30, 2012, 05:31:46 PM »

As I said, I did do some programming to try and fix the bug. How did you happen to get that error message?

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 30, 2012, 07:29:44 PM »

As I said, I did do some programming to try and fix the bug. How did you happen to get that error message?
Uhh well it's more of an error to check to see if this works than a error that would happen in normal gameplay. My hunch is that the code you program is a spewing that error due to you patching out that "hold all souls types exploit". I guess the code can't handle having someone having all souls types in the overworld where you can't dump multiple souls out. though I need to test more on how to recreate this in normal play before you go writing extra code that might break something down the line.
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: November 30, 2012, 07:31:41 PM »

Hm... as usual, it's hard to understand your wording. I was just asking what you did in the game to cause that error, so I can understand how to fix it.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 30, 2012, 08:42:30 PM »

I found another Trick you can do in the game.
Continuing with what I said before seems that there is no code stopping you from holding more souls in the over world. Which means you have to exit out to the over world right when you hit your limit of 2 souls. Though I call this trick the Poor Man's Soul jar due to the souljar kinda does this same thing. Kinda fixes it self when you enter an area when the 'multiple soul failsafe' kicks in and makes you spit out a soul.
So the player could stock one more soul or as many souls (good luck with the MSF in the game) and carry that to another level just not play through a level with all those souls.
I think I did this with pausing. Oh pausing can't happen if you are in the middle of dodging.

Another thing the first boss pausing and escaping that while at the tutorial not only leads to graphical errors with the hud being replace with the top section of the screen but exiting out during that just restarts the boss fight with out that tutorial.

illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 30, 2012, 09:07:36 PM »

the trick is to time the jumps if it's falling you jump over it.
oh yeah thanks, i noticed after dying and dying ( i'm really dumb playing games sometimes  Shrug ) but i knew it was my fault  Giggle
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: December 04, 2012, 05:25:32 AM »

As usual, I can't actually show much that I've been working on due to it all being spoilers and bonus stage things.
But, I just got around to fixing this up:

(actual x3 screen size shown here)

I've been thinking of putting a little dancing character somewhere on this screen to liven it up a bit, what do you think?

Work might be slowed for a while, though, since I've gotten myself sick again.
I apologize for the upcoming delay.

Conker534
« Reply #419 on: December 06, 2012, 07:08:15 AM »

Dancing dude would be awesome.

Hope you get better fast!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 76
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic